Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you girls are so right. we didnt think this tru when the forum was revamped. 

maybe just 1 general discussion thread, 1 memebox global (original) thread, 1 superbox thread, 1 luckybox thread and 1 'others' (minibox, nakedbox) thread. The others that can remain are the rules, spoilers, schedule, suggestion and rehab thread. So we have 9 in total..

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally understand why you folks would like to keep it to one thread however people who are looking for information on Memeboxes are going to be turned off by having to wade through a thread with over 6000 posts (as of my reply I'm seeing 6012 posts). This isn't fair to those wanting to find information on specific boxes which is why this thread may close in favor of multiple threads discussing the multiple boxes. As the Community Manager I have to take into consideration other factors such as other members and even non-members looking for info. Even if I split the threads into 1 global, 1 superbox, 1 lucky, etc eventually the threads will become too big and too cluttered for any useful information to be found. As I said, I totally get why having one thread is nice but at the same time it's also exclusive to new members or people wanting to find information easily.

Surely if a person is looking for info let's say superboxes . They go to superbox thread and up on the tittle top post all the info is there sothey can learn that they are a limited edition box go along with a theme or brand only. They are fullsize only products . You don't tend to come into the main thread for that. But then on the other hand you are saying by splitting the threads they will become too large also. So are you then driving people away because people will not bother commenting at all on any post. All the posts at the top are pinned and not even used as they are in the future the threads in ise are pushed to the bottom or next page out the way. Maybe there should be a pinned post with the write up to memebox on the ins and outs so everyone new and old can read and understand . To be fair this is not like other threads and boxes it is not a subscription box as such it's buy as you need or want. Hence why all these threads don't work as such and people won't be commenting daily on them until 2 weeks after shipping of which could be 6 months away.

Surely if a person is looking for info let's say superboxes . They go to superbox thread and up on the tittle top post all the info is there sothey can learn that they are a limited edition box go along with a theme or brand only. They are fullsize only products . You don't tend to come into the main thread for that. But then on the other hand you are saying by splitting the threads they will become too large also. So are you then driving people away because people will not bother commenting at all on any post. All the posts at the top are pinned and not even used as they are in the future the threads in ise are pushed to the bottom or next page out the way. Maybe there should be a pinned post with the write up to memebox on the ins and outs so everyone new and old can read and understand . To be fair this is not like other threads and boxes it is not a subscription box as such it's buy as you need or want. Hence why all these threads don't work as such and people won't be commenting daily on them until 2 weeks after shipping of which could be 6 months away.
I agree this thread will not be an obstacle for people looking for information of a specific box - the box-specific posts are all out there! This thread is now becoming a general discussion of all the things about memebox. I do not want this thread to be closed but if it has to due to its size, I'd like a second part of this thread so our discussion can continue. There are many discussions in this thread that just don't fit into a certain box e.g. points, shipping, oohs and ahhhs about new releases, asking for suggestions etc etc. 

And I don't understand why pin the empty new threads up either, it's kinda annoying actually lol! There can be a "new arrival" thread that is pinned and let people look at what are the new releases (and perhaps link to the individual box-specific threads), if it is a sort of promotion/advertisement done for Memebox.

Even if I split the threads into 1 global, 1 superbox, 1 lucky, etc eventually the threads will become too big and too cluttered for any useful information to be found. As I said, I totally get why having one thread is nice but at the same time it's also exclusive to new members or people wanting to find information easily.
It is hard to navigate if threads are too big but the same applies when they are too fragmented! Actually our model was to have separate threads for regular memeboxes (Global memebox) and then 1 for all Luckyboxes, 1 for each Special Edition Memebox and 1 for all superboxes. All the "sequal" boxes (e.g. Memebox Hair and Body ver. 2) are under the original thread i.e. the Hair and Body Memebox thread. I think we are all more or less content about the way it is now. Of course recently with so many superboxes being churned out we can probabaly have 1 for each Superbox. 

Btw can the box-specific threads be named more systematically? I mean from the name "Oriental Medicine" no one's gonna know whether it is a special edition memebox or a themed superbox. Who knows if they'll come up with a superbox version of it later? Then it'd be confusing if one does come up. And also I thought we had consensus that sequal boxes are under one thread so I feel a bit puzzled at Pore Care ver.2 Superbox being a separate thread.... idk it just seems even more confusing now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree this thread will not be an obstacle for people looking for information of a specific box - the box-specific posts are all out there! This thread is now becoming a general discussion of all the things about memebox. I do not want this thread to be closed but if it has to due to its size, I'd like a second part of this thread so our discussion can continue. There are many discussions in this thread that just don't fit into a certain box e.g. points, shipping, oohs and ahhhs about new releases, asking for suggestions etc etc.

[/size]
Yes! I don't want to go ohhh and ahhh (xD) in 4 different threads, it will get confusing! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like the big meme general thread - there is a sephora thread like that - where it is general chatter - and then the one that is designed for codes only and VIBR only.

BTW - I JUST got my first TRACKING email!!!   For luckybox 5 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And I don't understand why pin the empty new threads up either, it's kinda annoying actually lol! There can be a "new arrival" thread that is pinned and let people look at what are the new releases (and perhaps link to the individual box-specific threads), if it is a sort of promotion/advertisement done for Memebox.

It is hard to navigate if threads are too big but the same applies when they are too fragmented! Actually our model was to have separate threads for regular memeboxes (Global memebox) and then 1 for all Luckyboxes, 1 for each Special Edition Memebox and 1 for all superboxes. All the "sequal" boxes (e.g. Memebox Hair and Body ver. 2) are under the original thread i.e. the Hair and Body Memebox thread. I think we are all more or less content about the way it is now. Of course recently with so many superboxes being churned out we can probabaly have 1 for each Superbox. 

Btw can the box-specific threads be named more systematically? I mean from the name "Oriental Medicine" no one's gonna know whether it is a special edition memebox or a themed superbox. Who knows if they'll come up with a superbox version of it later? Then it'd be confusing if one does come up. And also I thought we had consensus that sequal boxes are under one thread so I feel a bit puzzled at Pore Care ver.2 Superbox being a separate thread.... idk it just seems even more confusing now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I agree on the pinning of the meme boxes.  They should be done by  Lucky, Super, Meme boxes, just like meme categories them.

They churn out so many that to pin all of them, well, I will have to scroll down to read other threads.  Perhaps they shouldn't be pinned either - I am not sure why they are being pinned, as they will either get activity and stay up on top, or no activity, due to lack of interest - just like the general subscription boxes - the boxes are not pinned there - either people are subbing to them or they aren't.

how do you track these packages?  I get this site that is in Korean, wanting me to download easykeytec cab exe - and since I cannot read Korean, I am not going to download this thing without knowing it is safe.  There isn't a lot out there on this executable.

any suggestions or advice?

how do you track these packages?  I get this site that is in Korean, wanting me to download easykeytec cab exe - and since I cannot read Korean, I am not going to download this thing without knowing it is safe.  There isn't a lot out there on this executable.

any suggestions or advice?
go to us.memebox.com then go to ur account then click on view ur order. you will see a side bar saying track your order.

just click on the link and hopefully it will direct you to the tracking page.

go to us.memebox.com then go to ur account then click on view ur order. you will see a side bar saying track your order.

just click on the link and hopefully it will direct you to the tracking page.
yes, but it is asking me to download an executable in korean....this is the page that it directs me to http://www.epost.go.kr/comm/easykeytec/easykeytec_install_plugins.html

I cannot read Korean, this is something that there isn't a lot of information out there on.  I just went to USPS and plugged in the number that they gave me in the email - I believe it will track it okay there

in-transit

Product & Tracking InformationPostal Product:
  • First-Class Package International Service
Features:
  • International Letter
Date & Time
Status of Item

Acceptance KOREA REPUBLIC OF

Your item was accepted at 8:57 am on May 21, 2014 in KOREA REPUBLIC OF.

Ive just realized, everything I've gotten so far in Memebox has been moisturizers , my fiance' has been going through my stash and was asking me "Why so many moisturizers?" *shrug*

Ive just realized, everything I've gotten so far in Memebox has been moisturizers , my fiance' has been going through my stash and was asking me "Why so many moisturizers?" *shrug*
that's the aftemath of memeboxes!! so what products that has Hyluaronic acid that you're eyeing for?

that's the aftemath of memeboxes!! so what products that has Hyluaronic acid that you're eyeing for?
Pure liquid form :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> something different other than another moisturizer,  my face feels like a baby's butt, and its creeping me out.

like after using hyluaronic products? darn now I want to try some cream that contains hyluaronic too. I want smoother skin without the need to put makeup on :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back