Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I may cancel my order for all 3 then. That's shady business, plus I'll be visiting The Face Shop this weekend for a ton of facemasks! I can put that $80-something to better use there, hopefully.
You have a Face Shop In You're area :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />?

You have a Face Shop In You're area :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />?
Yes!!!!! Well, close enough - it's about 45 minutes away, but we're going to be dropping my son off at my parent's house (they live over there) so we can go to a craft beer festival, so I'm having my husband take me so I can go a little crazy.  

It's in North Texas, what they like to call Far North Dallas, but it's actually Carrollton to be more specific.  I happened to find it when I was googling for local places to get Korean face masks from.  I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!! The Korean community is HUGE over in that part of N. Texas, so I feel like the luckiest girl in the universe!!! =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, both the gangnam and fermented boxes seem appealing to me. But i really miss the other $23 boxes, they seem to be releasing a lot of superboxes all of a sudden. 

I haven't brought a box since LB #5. At this point, I'm way over products (have not even get to touch a majority of the ones I have) and I'm getting more in so I'm stopping now. Unless...they come out with an amazing box that I must have..which I don't even know what... maybe just LB? Not sure..

But I agree with everyone that MB need to stop pumping out boxes and work on their CS. Their CS is really lacking. It shouldn't takes weeks to give someone an answer that is only 2 sentences long. If anything, they need to have separate CS for different department. That way, it won't be so overwhelming for them... or rather confusing for them. Sometimes when I email them, they would "vaguely" answer my questions.

I'm always a little wary of most subscription boxes' inflated "Retail Prices" for their items, including Memebox, but in the case of Korean and Japanese cosmetics, I'd also caution that sometimes the cheap makeup/skincare you see on eBay and Amazon are counterfeits. When I was first exploring different Korean BB creams, I was really tempted to get some of the freakishly cheap ones on Amazon (BRTC, Missha, etc) that were sold by "official distributors," but luckily some of the reviews said they were fake, so I didn't.

Anyway, there are plenty of legit resellers on eBay (this blog post has a list of reputable sellers) so I'm not trying to be an alarmist or anything, but I didn't know counterfeit makeup was even a thing, so I just wanted to give everyone a head's up!

Man, both the gangnam and fermented boxes seem appealing to me. But i really miss the other $23 boxes, they seem to be releasing a lot of superboxes all of a sudden. 
I bought the fermented box - something about it really appeals to me - could be I'm in my mid 30s and want to find the fountain of youth lol.

I'm going to pass on the Gangnam style box - something about it screams not for my age bracket hehe

In Toronto, we have the face shops, missha and tonymoly stores.
:eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> where have I been!!? I went to T.O last year for "vacay" and stayed in my hotel the whole time!! I had no idea they had those stores there! Im definately going to have to make a trip out of that ASAP! Thanks for the info!

I'm always a little wary of their discounts for that reasons. usually their "discounted" prices are close to the regular price ><.

Like Design eye collection on the Superbox 5 is listed as $48 on the sheet but on their korean site is being sold for $10.
I have learned not to trust the listed original price on the info sheets but go to the product's official Korean website for its true price.

Memebox did include the correct list price for most items in their boxes, just that the products themselves were always on sale or have special offer (1+1)... So yea i think even with shipping included the prices were inflated

Does anyone know anything about the Croquis or Temtation brand?  I can't find anything on them except for a vibrating poof for Croquis.  Memebox has a "sale" on them but I don't want to buy it if it is some weird off brand.

Does anyone know anything about the Croquis or Temtation brand?  I can't find anything on them except for a vibrating poof for Croquis.  Memebox has a "sale" on them but I don't want to buy it if it is some weird off brand.
yep, I thought the same. Even the previous sales for the line with moringa seed. It was super cheap but I can't justify buying something from a mysterious brand altogether. At least a more detailed description would be nice.

Anyone experiencing withdrawals yet? Memeboxes always do not ship between 2-12 (first two weeks) of the month and with the current efflux of $38.99 boxes, I couldn't get more. So yeah, I'm kinda restless.

has anyone heard of gmarket? apparently they sell a lot of korean skincare and makeup products on that site at reasonable prices...

I found these regarding the Croquis brand. It seems like a relatively new brand founded by mu artist named Lee kyoung min (?).

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=5serene&logNo=20103429855 (use google translate)

http://laceylady-bee.blogspot.com/2013/03/review-croquis-swing-styler-makeup-set.html (product review)

http://www.cyworld.com/eyesis79/3872920 (macaron cushion)

http://www.cyworld.com/eyesis79/3878089 (lipstick)

http://www.cyworld.com/eyesis79/3872920 (eye and lip crayons)

That macaron cushion looks mighty tempting. I love anything named macaron!

like they sell a lot of different korean brands in hk already...but i guess i like how memebox picks the products for me...if the products turn out to be any good, i may consider purchasing them elsewhere though...

has anyone heard of gmarket? apparently they sell a lot of korean skincare and makeup products on that site at reasonable prices...
Well if you are in HK, I think shipping is relatively affordable. For all I know some brands are supplied directly from the companies themselves, though there are other sellers like in ebay etc.

And they have lots of sales from time to time, plus coupons to use on certain categories. I tried gmarket several times but had to file for bankruptcy due to the steep EMS shipping rates to Europe :sdrop:   :sdrop:   :sdrop:    

I've never purchased anything on gmarket before nor do I buy my stuff on ebay...I usually get my stuff at local online shops which provide free shipping :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know postage is quite cheap in Hong Kong, I wonder if it's worth buying them here and selling them overseas?

I bought the fermented box - something about it really appeals to me - could be I'm in my mid 30s and want to find the fountain of youth lol.

I'm going to pass on the Gangnam style box - something about it screams not for my age bracket hehe
Don't we all want the fountain of youth. The products that makes my skin perfect. Though, I have to say Tatcha is the closest products I found that did the trick, but the price is rather high.

Don't we all want the fountain of youth. The products that makes my skin perfect. Though, I have to say Tatcha is the closest products I found that did the trick, but the price is rather high.
I am OBSESSED with Tatcha! Recently I did a whole series of reviews on their products, and now their Moisture Rich Silk Cream is my HG.

Latest posts

Back