Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I miss $23 boxes..  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Fermented cosmetics are huge in Korea atm. They use like enzymes and stuff in their beauty products as well as food. 

Might sound abit alien to us all but I am willing to try if only it was cheaper. *sigh*
Me too...

Fermented skincare products....isn't that what the IOPE Bio-Essence Intensive Conditioning is all about? I didn't find it to be "wow" for my skin though....

i discovered this site from reddit sub- beautyboxes, where they have lucky box for only $ 6.50 plus shipping. and the prices for their korean products are pretty affordable. eopenmarket.com

Just wondering, why would people pay money to buy samples when samples are usually given out for free? On a lot of online shopping sites in Hong Kong, we get given a lot of free samples for each order we place, and I end up having a lot of them going to waste...

Last edited by a moderator:
That was my thought too about sample cos I can only use it once or twice so I cannot judge how effective it is for my skin. I guess Some people want to try out the products first before they will decide to plunge in and buy the actual size products. This girl on reddit posted the pictures of the $6.50 box and she got like 3 samples for each products and the price is cheaper than the mini box on memebox size so i just wanna share :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I saw this at their Korean memebox website and I was thinking MAYBE?!?! Just a wild guess for some of the item for 10 minute box :wub: Don't know what item would be for the "inside" though, maybe a BREATH MIST? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

box_open.jpg

This question may have been answered before but I couldn't find anything about it. Anyways,Does memebox upgrade to express shipping when you have ordered more than one box that ships out on the same date. I have had boxes arrive this way recently and I am curious if this is how they ship out boxes that ship the same day. If so I am going to pay more attention to shipping dates when I order boxes and make sure that if there are more than one box that I want,

I will purchase them at the same time. Sure beats waiting for the boxes that shipped with standard shipping.
I've had two shipments upgraded to express because the boxes were shipped the same day. I've only ever paid for standard shipping. Even that only takes about a week.

That was my thought too about sample cos I can only use it once or twice so I cannot judge how effective it is for my skin. I guess Some people want to try out the products first before they will decide to plunge in and buy the actual size products. This girl on reddit posted the pictures of the $6.50 box and she got like 3 samples for each products and the price is cheaper than the mini box on memebox size so i just wanna share :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I hate using samples really....where do you put an opened but unfinished sample packet? If you squish it, the stuff inside spill out...and apparently if you expose it to air for too long, the effects of the product diminish....although some Korean samples come in little containers or tubes which are cute and useful!!

Haha if it's $6.50 for samples, you could get them for FREE from me!!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (just saying) 

I just ordered the Fermented Skincare superbox. I couldn't pass that one up. I think it has amazing potential.

For anyone needing a little "enabling" push  you may want to take a look at these articles.

http://www.advancedtechnologykorea.com/16942/

http://www.refinery29.com/fermented-beauty-products#slid
Oh man, it looks like it could be soo great. Esp after that refinery29 article. I am assuming this is ALL skincare though, I would die if that BB cream is included though. 

Oh man, it looks like it could be soo great. Esp after that refinery29 article. I am assuming this is ALL skincare though, I would die if that BB cream is included though. 
I know that Refinery article (which is recent btw) tipped the scales for me. I think at the very least we will get products not readily available here. A lot of the fermented products that are in the US are really pricey too.

This question may have been answered before but I couldn't find anything about it. Anyways,Does memebox upgrade to express shipping when you have ordered more than one box that ships out on the same date. I have had boxes arrive this way recently and I am curious if this is how they ship out boxes that ship the same day. If so I am going to pay more attention to shipping dates when I order boxes and make sure that if there are more than one box that I want,

I will purchase them at the same time. Sure beats waiting for the boxes that shipped with standard shipping.
Personally I prefer the 'Standard Shipping' vs Express, mostly because when items ship Express they typically require a signature and I'm never home during the day to sign for them.  I've read from some of the folks on the forum will pre-emptively leave DHL a note when they are not home. I have not tried this with DHL specifically but I did do this once for FedEX (they offer a way to print a page from their website and sign that page if you will be out when a certain type of parcel arrives) but the delivery guy didn't even see it hanging on the door knob. Yea, go figure.

Luckily, I live in NE USA and so far, the Memeboxes shipped Standard have been taking about 7-10 days to arrive.  I don't mind waiting a few more days to know that I don't need to be home to accept them.

I even haven't decided if I will get the Gangnam SuperBox, now there's a new one? I am gonna be poor!!

i discovered this site from reddit sub- beautyboxes, where they have lucky box for only $ 6.50 plus shipping. and the prices for their korean products are pretty affordable. eopenmarket.com
Wow they have nice prices!

I just ordered the Fermented Skincare superbox. I couldn't pass that one up. I think it has amazing potential.

For anyone needing a little "enabling" push  you may want to take a look at these articles.

http://www.advancedtechnologykorea.com/16942/

http://www.refinery29.com/fermented-beauty-products#slid
Fermented or not, I don't justify buying this box. I mean, yea it sounds cool, but is it any different than lets say, snail creams?..or any other cream we haven't received in any other Memeboxes? In all honesty, I think Memebox needs to settle down a bit, and focus more on customer service, instead of pumping out boxes every other day, the excitement of the boxes will wear off eventually, unfortunately, especially with Lucky boxes and its repeats (some repeats are good) until they release new memebox's. I dunno but I have a really hard time getting them to email me when I need to talk to there CS team and  some/ I  wait weeks to get a two liner response, which is unacceptable.

Does anyone else notice that all the superboxes coming out are now down to $32 from $39. That "sale" they had a while ago with those 3 boxes (pore care, green tea, night care) wasn't really much of a sale. They marked up those boxes up to $39 to make them look like a great deal when they went on sale for $29. I dunno about anyone else, but this really ticks me off. Memebox, your customers are not stupid but sometimes treat us like we are. :angry:  

Does anyone else notice that all the superboxes coming out are now down to $32 from $39. That "sale" they had a while ago with those 3 boxes (pore care, green tea, night care) wasn't really much of a sale. They marked up those boxes up to $39 to make them look like a great deal when they went on sale for $29. I dunno about anyone else, but this really ticks me off. Memebox, your customers are not stupid but sometimes treat us like we are. :angry:
I'm always a little wary of their discounts for that reasons. usually their "discounted" prices are close to the regular price ><.

Like Design eye collection on the Superbox 5 is listed as $48 on the sheet but on their korean site is being sold for $10.

I'm always a little wary of their discounts for that reasons. usually their "discounted" prices are close to the regular price ><.

Like Design eye collection on the Superbox 5 is listed as $48 on the sheet but on their korean site is being sold for $10.
I was actually reading through all my product cards in my memebox's today and I saw that as well. I was like 48$?? that's almost the same price of an Urban Decay Palette lol

I think I may cancel my order for all 3 then. That's shady business, plus I'll be visiting The Face Shop this weekend for a ton of facemasks! I can put that $80-something to better use there, hopefully.

But the superboxes have always been different prices.  The Missha box was $49, the Moisture box was $46, Superbox 4 was $39, etc... I don't think you can judge the sale they had by the price of other boxes.  I mean, if they lowered the prices of the Pore/Night Care/Green Tea boxes after a few weeks at $39, I would say that is shady, but they are still $39.

Latest posts

Back