Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm sorry but that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, and borderline racist, like making jokes about the Chinese restaurant stealing people's pets.

VVoah, vvoah

Quote: Originally Posted by flynt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This sounds like an urban legend or something you'd read on snopes.
Yea cause using snail slim is an urban legend too.

Ladies do not freak out. I found this while googling. http://www.peta.org/living/beauty/animal-ingredients-list/ I copy part of the information :- Stearic Acid. When animal-derived, a fat from cows, pigs, and sheep and from dogs and cats euthanized in animal shelters, etc. May also be of plant origin, including from cocoa butter and shea butter. Can be harsh, irritating. Used in cosmetics, soaps, lubricants, candles, hairspray, conditioners, deodorants, creams, chewing gum, food flavoring. Derivatives: Stearamide, Stearamine, Stearates, Stearic Hydrazide, Stearone, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearoyl Lactylic Acid, Stearyl Betaine, Stearyl Imidazoline. Alternatives: Stearic acid can be found in many vegetable fats, coconut. I think Korean uses more natural plant ingredients.

I'm on a trip right now so I'm posting from my phone and I hope to only say this once - please keep this conversation respectful AND on topic. Thanks! That includes not creating drama with unfounded rumors.

Thank you, VVianc. As an addition/correction, stearic acid has antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. Many human and animal studies have shown little to no irritation caused by stearic acid, even when used at high levels. (For example, shea butter + sunflower oil = 50% stearic acid!) It is certainly not harsh or irritating. Check out PubMed for more information.

ANYWAY, looks like Memebox 9 is sold out now. Too bad. I really want to pick up another Hydration Box, but it's just so pricey, especially since I wasn't a fan of the mist (I like everything else though). Plus, I really wish they would give out spoilers for the Nature box.

I received my Box #9 and Luckybox #2 in one order (sent express) like the others! I was so excited, and the products look great! Too bad it's exam season for me, and I don't have the time to play with anything right now. 
icon_cry.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Bunbunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thank you, VVianc. As an addition/correction, stearic acid has antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. Many human and animal studies have shown little to no irritation caused by stearic acid, even when used at high levels. (For example, shea butter + sunflower oil = 50% stearic acid!) It is certainly not harsh or irritating. Check out PubMed for more information.

ANYWAY, looks like Memebox 9 is sold out now. Too bad. I really want to pick up another Hydration Box, but it's just so pricey, especially since I wasn't a fan of the mist (I like everything else though). Plus, I really wish they would give out spoilers for the Nature box.
I know! I'm dying to know what's in the Nature box.

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyManah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Box 9

This box looks amazing, I really want that hair booster!

my luckybox 1 restock is out for delivery today after having no updates since april 4th!  it's my first box and i'm dying to get my hands on it.  unfortunately the mail room at my apt will be closed by the time i get back from work and i'm leaving town for the weekend 
scared.gif

what to do...

Thank you, VVianc. As an addition/correction, stearic acid has antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. Many human and animal studies have shown little to no irritation caused by stearic acid, even when used at high levels. (For example, shea butter + sunflower oil = 50% stearic acid!) It is certainly not harsh or irritating. Check out PubMed for more information. ANYWAY, looks like Memebox 9 is sold out now. Too bad. I really want to pick up another Hydration Box, but it's just so pricey, especially since I wasn't a fan of the mist (I like everything else though). Plus, I really wish they would give out spoilers for the Nature box.
You are most welcome Bunbunny :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So according to the description the 2 new items in luckybox#4 would be the Holika holika good cera cream and the Miguhara b.p. cream, then the rest would be items from luckybox 1 and 3, right? I wonder if the bp cream is in sample size or full size, because it appeared in memebox #2 as deluxe sample back then...( if i remember correctly)

hehe i have been a silent lurker on this thread and caved in and joined in on the fun! I dont know i looked up the lucky box 4 spoilers and they are both deluxe samples :/ slightly on the fence for this one! but definitely snatched up the memebox #10 as they advertised it being their milestone box and filled with favourite goodies completely diff from the rest of the memebox ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

btw anw starting to regret the banila co super box
icon_sad.gif
 coz i was kinda disappointed with the banila memebox..

I emailed memebox about the Banilaco box. It is the 1st box in the many I have ordered that fell way short for me. For the 39 USD I paid I thought it was a rip off. No more branded meme's for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by kitty93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  hehe i have been a silent lurker on this thread and caved in and joined in on the fun! I dont know i looked up the lucky box 4 spoilers and they are both deluxe samples :/ slightly on the fence for this one! but definitely snatched up the memebox #10 as they advertised it being their milestone box and filled with favourite goodies completely diff from the rest of the memebox ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

btw anw starting to regret the banila co super box
icon_sad.gif
 coz i was kinda disappointed with the banila memebox..
So was I , big time.

Quote: Originally Posted by amidea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  my luckybox 1 restock is out for delivery today after having no updates since april 4th!  it's my first box and i'm dying to get my hands on it.  unfortunately the mail room at my apt will be closed by the time i get back from work and i'm leaving town for the weekend 
scared.gif

what to do...
I think it's a USPS/ customs issue. I ordered from koreanbeauty.net , it was shipped on the 7th and left Korea on the 10th. Has not updated since. I am glad your box came finally:)

hopefully they prove us wrong, i emailed them asking if the banila co primer and cc cushion would be in their box as those are their bestsellers and they said they cant mention anything as it is a mystery box but it is not in there (?) kinda crushed after that tho.. i think we'll be stuck with outlet goodies mentioned by someone in previous pages.

Latest posts

Back