Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by phannie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The way you laid it out looks nice and tempting at this point. I've purchased LB 2 & 3 already. So if I purchased LB 4, that means I would get possibly 4 "new" products (from LB 1 & "previous memebox") and 2 "duplicate" products (from LB 3). However the 4 new is my questions.. as what two "new" products from "previous" memebox are they coming from? I'm praying so hard for them to add in the cream cheese.. But still... LB 4 is highly purchasable at this point.

I also tried adding LB 4, Anti-Aging, and the Nature box in my cart is @.@ Over $100 and thats with the $5 off.. IDK if I can do this...
I just purchased the Nature box, Memebox 8 & Memebox global 13  = 97.99$ CANADIAN even with the 5$ deducted. Ouch!

Im thinking about purchasing, Superbox 2#- Memebox for him &  Anti Aging kit >.>?

Here's My list so far

Memebox Global 12

Memebox Global 13

Memebox for hair & Body

Memebox Banila Co

Memebox SuperBox Banila co

Memebox Superbox 5#

Memebox 8# - Restocked

Memebox From Nature

LuckyBox 2#

LuckyBox 3#

LuckyBox 4#

Memebox Mask edition 1

Omg, I didnt realize until I listed them.

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif

$5 isn't enough to make me want to buy three memeboxes.  The way they are coming out with deal, I bet we see another better one soon.  The three memepoints are tempting but you have to spend again to use them.  Again, I think we will see some better deals.  They're losing their customer base without international shipping and they have to look good for their venture capitalist investors.  And that means purchases must increase!   So, coupon deals!  Right?

Some of these boxes need some really good spoilers before I buy them.  So much anti-aging stuff is unrealistic and I'd rather spend it on something with ingredients I know actually work (hello, retinol).  It's still sooo tempting.

I'm betting I end up with LB#4 if it doesnt sell out before i get over there.  Other than that, the Superboxes have been lackluster.  I'd like to see some improvement in quality and value before I shell out for one.

Quote: Originally Posted by Luxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yea Im realllyyyy debating it. Its very pricy. Im not sure if its full size, im sure there is a couple of things full size in there though, especially at that price, but I could be wrong

Agreed with both of you. I don't mind getting duplicate items, especially ones that I really love and enjoy using, but those that are like "eh..it's decent, but nothing extraordinary" are the ones I prefer not getting. I honestly appreciate that Memebox listen to our concerns..(half the times), but they need to step up their games on alot of the stuff. I wish they bring back the free shipping on orders $60+ because I think that will get some people to spend more especially if all you gotta do is spend $60 to get free shipping. Coupon deals will work too, however it has to be reasonable. For example, this $5 off only works if you buy 3 boxes so let say you buy 3 boxes that are worth 23.00 each which is the standard. 

$23 x 3 = $69 + $6.99 (standard shipping) = $75.99 - $5.00 (coupon) = $70.99. And that's without any meme points that people have. 

To some, this might be a small amount, but to those that lives on a budget or something (like me..poor college student), it's not very budget friendly, especially if we don't know exactly whats in the boxes. It's fine if I know a spoiler or two because that could be the deciding factor or whether I buy or not. Spoilers encourages people to buy because it give them a chance to look up reviews (I'm sure there are some floating around) on the product(s) and will buy if it fits their needs or wants.

I would actually like a full size products that cost much more than the box itself. Like box 8 Caviar cleanser. It's almost 3x as much as the box and good thing I love it .

Again, I'm not going to say if coupon deals is a bad or good thing, but it has to be reasonable.

Quote: Originally Posted by phannie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed with both of you. I don't mind getting duplicate items, especially ones that I really love and enjoy using, but those that are like "eh..it's decent, but nothing extraordinary" are the ones I prefer not getting. I honestly appreciate that Memebox listen to our concerns..(half the times), but they need to step up their games on alot of the stuff. I wish they bring back the free shipping on orders $60+ because I think that will get some people to spend more especially if all you gotta do is spend $60 to get free shipping. Coupon deals will work too, however it has to be reasonable. For example, this $5 off only works if you buy 3 boxes so let say you buy 3 boxes that are worth 23.00 each which is the standard. 

$23 x 3 = $69 + $6.99 (standard shipping) = $75.99 - $5.00 (coupon) = $70.99. And that's without any meme points that people have. 

To some, this might be a small amount, but to those that lives on a budget or something (like me..poor college student), it's not very budget friendly, especially if we don't know exactly whats in the boxes. It's fine if I know a spoiler or two because that could be the deciding factor or whether I buy or not. Spoilers encourages people to buy because it give them a chance to look up reviews (I'm sure there are some floating around) on the product(s) and will buy if it fits their needs or wants.

I would actually like a full size products that cost much more than the box itself. Like box 8 Caviar cleanser. It's almost 3x as much as the box and good thing I love it .

Again, I'm not going to say if coupon deals is a bad or good thing, but it has to be reasonable.
YES!! omg, I wanted to purchase soo many individual things on memebox's site such as the shocking packs, but the dang shipping was the same price as that one individual product, and if I added another item, it went up in shipping, its just insane.....I'm mean, isnt the whole point of the memebox's, to try new products and get us to buy the full sizes from them eventually?? How are we suppose to do that if shipping is the price of my mortgage. When it comes to shipping, on ANY other site, thats what makes or breaks my purchases .

There there was a convo about this a few threads back, about it being memebox's error with putting either the state or zipcode wrong, thus is why USPS is having a hard time with the tracking. I dont think you should be hating on usps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
My box came today, address, state, and zip were all correct. I hate on the USPS because I've had ridiculous problems with their service lately.

Quote: Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box came today, address, state, and zip were all correct. I hate on the USPS because I've had ridiculous problems with their service lately.
Sorry to hear :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ugh restock for #8 is already gone! If anyone doesn't want the caviar cleanser, I'll take it lol

I'm still waiting for a #7 restock :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Now if that came out and LB#4 was still available, I might just have to add another box...

but tbh the caviar cleanser retails for only $25+ on ebay...

they are jacking up the prices to make the box seem valuable.

but tbh the caviar cleanser retails for only $25+ on ebay... they are jacking up the prices to make the box seem valuable.
Yeah I saw a cream that they supposedly had for % 50 percent but that was the price you could find for in ebay! I think their prices go up a bit on promotion time lol

Quote: Originally Posted by sharksoul24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I saw a cream that they supposedly had for % 50 percent but that was the price you could find for in ebay! I think their prices go up a bit on promotion time lol
I don't like that lol

I just got so angry with Memebox! My Memebox for Him is going back to Korea because they've made a mistake in my address! And it was supposed to be a present for my hubby
icon_cry.gif

I know that everyone makes mistakes but I'm so disappointed...

Quote: Originally Posted by Paulina PS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just got so angry with Memebox! My Memebox for Him is going back to Korea because they've made a mistake in my address! And it was supposed to be a present for my hubby
icon_cry.gif

I'm so sorry to hear that! True...I did mention several times in emails to meme to try and be more punctual with sending out confirmation mails on addresses AND double check all the addreses to make sure the postcodes and countries are right.*sigh* 

I hope they will compensate you somehow, or send it ASAP via concorde or something lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by sharksoul24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

True that lol. I think they have spies on this thread anyways, so what we said are taken into account. Can't make sales when there is another seller selling the same stuff for 1/3 of the prices on meme. :/

Quote: Originally Posted by veritazy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm so sorry to hear that! True...I did mention several times in emails to meme to try and be more punctual with sending out confirmation mails on addresses AND double check all the addreses to make sure the postcodes and countries are right.*sigh* 

I hope they will compensate you somehow, or send it ASAP via concorde or something lol.
I hope they'll resend my box as soon as possible... I don't really know why they keep on making this kind of mistakes. I understand they have a lot of packages going out but isn't it enough to print the address labels from our accounts or sth? Why is there even a mistake when the shipping address next to this order on my account is perfectly correct?

I asked them to verify my address for all the future orders, especially Memebox #9 as it ships soon. Hope they'll do it ASAP.

icon_cry.gif

Maybe they should send it via EMS as it was their mistake. Sorry for you anyway.

I finally received a reply from my email last Friday from Memebox regarding a coupon code I tried to use which didn't work (I found out quicker from this thread that the code had expired).

It was along the 'Too Bad So Sad' type of response, but also just NOT helpful. 

---------- Forwarded message ----------From: Global CS <[email protected]>Date: Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 6:08 AMSubject: Re: Coupon Code for Memebox does not work  

Hi :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Apology for delay in replying!!!!

We cannot make adjustment for the orders that are already placed.

Sorry for not being much help.
If there is anything else we can do better for you, please let us know anytime!   Thank you -----------------------------------------------------
The response implies I wanted them to adjust my already placed order. I wrote them an email BEFORE I placed my order (about code not working), waited a whole weekend (then broke down and purchased sans code) and received their response several days AFTER I placed my order.

All they had to say was that the code expired on DD-MMM-YY.  Maybe the customer service people are just overwhelmed / understaffed.

I hope they'll resend my box as soon as possible... I don't really know why they keep on making this kind of mistakes. I understand they have a lot of packages going out but isn't it enough to print the address labels from our accounts or sth? Why is there even a mistake when the shipping address next to this order on my account is perfectly correct?

I asked them to verify my address for all the future orders, especially Memebox #9 as it ships soon. Hope they'll do it ASAP.
They supposevly verify the address at checkout, and than via paypal, and again before paying on their website, being redirected back. That's THREE times its being verified and they keep making mistakes, absurd!

They supposevly verify the address at checkout, and than via paypal, and again before paying on their website, being redirected back. That's THREE times its being verified and they keep making mistakes, absurd!
Dont forget that they also send out an email to verify your address before shipping dates for the boxes. So that makes it 4 times. If they still screw up even with 4 verifications..idk what to say. And most of the time, cant you copy and paste the address into the computer to print the label? If so, I dont see how they can still mess up.

Latest posts

Back