Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting the whitening cream in Box #8 and as someone who prefers to be tan (I know, I'm such a bad Korean), I was like WTF will I use this for? But I saw the suggestion to use it on knees...great idea!! I hate my darker knees! 
From what I have looked at on reviews it is better used as a primer as it isn't too moisturising.

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Raise your hands ladies if you have a citrus skin product in your house. Many of us do, its in so many wrinkle formulations and anti aging skincare.
I do, and I love them. I also think it's a no-brainer to use sunscreen every single day, even in winter, whether you're using Vitamin C products or not.

I do, and I love them. I also think it's a no-brainer to use sunscreen every single day, even in winter, whether you're using Vitamin C products or not.
Just make sure you aren't vitamin d deficient if you wear it all year round though.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jane George /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just make sure you aren't vitamin d deficient if you wear it all year round though.
I take Vit D supplements ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is my lucky box 1 as well,lol. I opened a claim and they answered along the lines of 'sorry, looks like it's coming to you now!'
How did you open a claim? Thanks !!

haha oh gosh, I am practically blind without glasses/contacts, so when I decided to slap on the mask last night I was desperately trying to read the packaging for an explanation I thought, "oh well, it's probably all in Korean!" The worst part is I've had masks come this way before...I have no idea why I didn't attempt to pull the other two apart! I definitely wore the paper on my face for 10 minutes last night, Hahahah...*crawls into hole of embarrassment
I did the EXACT same thing!

Quote: Originally Posted by misroule /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did the EXACT same thing!
hahah oh I am SO glad I wasn't the only one. I just kept thinking, "this mask is terrible!! It doesn't stick to my face at all and it's so thin and papery!!" *shakes head* LOL

Once I realized the actual mask was still in the package and got over how stupid I felt, I changed my tune on the quality. As goopy and slimy as it was, it clung to my face very well and while I didn't notice a massive change in my skin, it felt hydrating, at least!

I've gone mad. Finally. I ordered three boxes today - LB2, LB3 and the oily skin box. I now have 15 boxes to arrive. 15! However, if they do restock box 7 and I make it in time (please leave one behind for me, ladies who want box 7), I will cancel LB3 as I don't want way too much repetition.
I'll trade some dr. Jart goodness. What did you want from 7?

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have other grapefruit products for skin and face like the YES FOR CARROTS LINE has grapefruit and its always known to use sunscreen or stay out of sun for awhile after application. all the lemon products too and products from Michael Todd say the same thing. I dont think pointing fingers at Memebox for using citrus on skin is fair since hundreds of America products use citrus for the brightening aspect on the skin and the vitamin C. I must have more than 10 products in my house from American beauty companies that have grapefruit or lemon in it

Citrus is NOT bad for the skin it brightens and adds vitamin C. You just have to read the label to to not step out in the sun right after application, and use protection while using.  Gosh, Ive known this for as long as Ive used skincare. Ive known this for decades
>I don't think pointing fingers at Memebox [...]

I said "I can't get too hard on them for that, because every other box has fragrance in their products, too, but..." and I did mean for that to include not ragging on them for the citrus, too. I understand that many American products do that too, and I also take issue with it every single time. I apologize for not being clear. I don't mean to imply that only Memebox has citrus or fragrance in the products they include, because I would say 95% of boxes do, including the ones I enjoy a lot.

>brightening aspect on the skin and the vitamin C

There are other ways to brighten your skin without using citrus oils. Such as regular, gentle exfoliation. Proper diet. Other, safer chemicals. Vitamin C can be extracted so you don't need to use it with the limonene. There are many products that are straight Vitamin C that you can use for the skin that are completely safe.

>Citrus is NOT bad for the skin

From Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals by Robert Tisserand & Rodney Young (2013):

"Hazards: Skin sensitization if oxidized, phototoxicity (low risk).

Contraindications (dermal): If applied to the skin at over maximum use level, skin must not be exposed to sunlight or sunbed rays for 12 hours.
Cautions: old or oxidized oils should be avoided.
Maximum dermal use level: 2.0%"

"NOT bad" is factually incorrect. "Low risk" is still some risk. Benefits? Yes. Risks? Yes.

>Gosh, I've known this for as long as I've used skincare. I've known this for decades

I take this to be condescending, but if you don't mean to be then I do not hold it against you. I am young so maybe I don't have as much experience as you with skin care, but I am incredibly engrossed in the literature so please don't think I don't know what I'm talking about. Just because you use things often and don't think it has an effect on your skin, doesn't mean it can't. And it doesn't mean what works for you works for everyone. And just because everyone is using something doesn't mean it's good. Sulfates, anyone? Artificial sweeteners? Just because it's natural also doesn't mean it's good.

I don't mean to start a debate, I apologize. And I'm not taking this personally or trying to be rude. I realize I write in a pretty dry manner which can be taken as being sarcastic or mean, but I don't actually feel that way, truly! I just feel that using citrus in products is the easy way out for companies and there are safer ways to do skin care. That's my opinion and I have based it on the scientific literature I've come across. If you find them helpful to you, that's great! But I would like people to know the potential risks along with the benefits.

Sorry again to start an argument. I am very passionate about skincare science. Let's get back to talking about Memebox, yeah?

Quote: Originally Posted by Luxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  still no new memebox's :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I know! I figure they have a lot in stock right now so they might be waiting for those to sell out first. I'm really trying to stay strong and not buy any more, but the longer they stay in stock the hard it gets!

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I know! I figure they have a lot in stock right now so they might be waiting for those to sell out first. I'm really trying to stay strong and not buy any more, but the longer they stay in stock the hard it gets!
I know!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wanna wait until they put up a new box before I buy anything else. Its very harddddd

Quote: Originally Posted by queeenb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll trade some dr. Jart goodness. What did you want from 7?
Ooh the whole box - the Slowganic cleanser samples, the Bio Mentor Cream for oily skin, the makeup kit...

I guess I am no the only one waiting to see if Memebox introduces a new box this weekend. I was even trying to determine what their "work/site update hours" were. LOL!

Quote: Originally Posted by YunaKim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess I am no the only one waiting to see if Memebox introduces a new box this weekend. I was even trying to determine what their "work/site update hours" were. LOL!
HAHA

For those of you who purchased the superbox 2# what color was the cc cushion compact??

For those of you who purchased the superbox 2# what color was the cc cushion compact??
I believe it was #21.

It was the lighter shade they have but I have a medium skin tone and it works for me.

Mine was 21. Pale enough that I can actually wear it alone - though its on the dark side for me.  YAY, memebox! Loving the pale colors.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

If its a bit too pale, you could always put a thin layer underneath your foundation for a clarifying/brightening effect.

EDIT:

ha!  I didnt see that LisaLeah already answered, lol. I started a reply then got distracted by some March Madness (basketball). 

Quote: Originally Posted by Loves2BPretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine was 21. Pale enough that I can actually wear it alone - though its on the dark side for me.  YAY, memebox! Loving the pale colors.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

If its a bit too pale, you could always put a thin layer underneath your foundation for a clarifying/brightening effect.
I was pretty surprised by how much coverage it gave. I'm used to CC cream that act as a minor redness concealer, not a full blown foundation. I've been wearing it almost every day and really liking it.

Latest posts

Back