Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raise your hands ladies if you have a citrus skin product in your house. Many of us do, its in so many wrinkle formulations and anti aging skincare.

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Raise your hands ladies if you have a citrus skin product in your house. Many of us do, its in so many wrinkle formulations and anti aging skincare.
I do. I have the Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream. I use it as a base under my foundation. XD It works pretty nice!

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a few
icon_cheesygrin.gif

You just have to read the label to to not step out in the sun right after application, and use protection while using.  Gosh, Ive known this for as long as Ive used skincare. Ive known this for decades
Going through my skincare stash now... I only have a couple Innisfree lemon masks and a Mizon grapefruit peeling gel that's directly related to citrus. Maybe that's because citrus is not really the trend for asian beauty products? (the majority of my beauty products are asian ones) They seem to use vitamin C derivatives/extracts a lot though. Here I have quite a number of vitamin C related sheet masks and serums, I wonder if the light rule applies to vitamin C derivative/extract products? Coz the instructions did not mention anything related to light exposure except to store in a dark and cool place...

I just use Lemons from my grocery store, squeeze some into a teacup and use a Q-Tip to apply to red areas on my face, or darker spots. It has natural whitening, it gets the blood vessels moving, reduces dark spots and reduces wrinkles. It really works!! I love it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and its what,  1$ a lemon, maybe less :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some shipping comedy.

WOAHHHHHHHH Lol Wt heck????!! That some messed up shipping information. It went back to Korea.... wow.

All skincare should be store away from sunlight anyways. I'm glad my bedroom faces away from the sun. 

Well citrus is always an ingredient in peeling products, serums for troubled/uneven skin and some healing balms (because vitamins A, C, E are great antioxidants). Of course some lemon products can smell artificial like dish soap, which is why we might opt out unless we try them personally at the store/ read great reviews about them. 

I myself have tried a few from Baviphat (check out their cute packaging!). Maybe most asian-skincare-lovers are seeking for herbal alternatives like red ginseng, organic ingredients like propolis and also new bizarre ideas like snail slime! 
icon_wink.gif

I stay away from certain ingredients in my skincare products because I know the effects of certain ingredients -- often, the negative effects manifest in the long-term. I make a conscious decision not to buy certain items based on the ingredient list all the time. It does not matter if the maker is from the US or abroad. For me, it's about being an educated consumer; it's about making my own decisions. I receive items all the time that I simply will not wear, and others that I use for something else. For example, I receive face creams that are teeming with irritants labeled for sensitive skin in subscription boxes (lol) -- I simply use it as a cream for my knees or often, I give it away.

Some subscriptions boxes lack high-quality ingredients/brands, so I stay away from them. Others provide a good mix--I entertain them. Others cost a little more, yet offer mostly premium goods -- and I have no problem with that.

Ultimately, everyone has his/her preferences.

Some shipping comedy.

Dayummm... feel sorry for you..thats messed up. Did they refund you or send you another via express? I think USPS might have mistaken the sender address for recipient. 

Quote:  For example, I receive face creams that are teeming with irritants labeled for sensitive skin in subscription boxes (lol) -- I simply use it as a cream for my knees or often, I give it away.
Exactly! And yeah, I use whitening creams or gels on my knees or elbows too. 

Those strong peeling and whitening masks? On my armpits. Heheheh.. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Some shipping comedy.
Omg... mine looks about the same too! I had to call usps to open an 'investigation' and mine was even in the same city as me!! Stupid usps... Ps. It was for my lucky box #1 -.-'

Some shipping comedy.

Blimey is that one package? Why is it going around in circles??

Hmm, read some reviews on that Face Shop BB Cream. It's apparently super sheer, too. I might just trade it off, but dunno. >__< It has mixed reviews. Reviews of the rice cream say it's oily, which I so don't need.

It seems like the branded boxes are a lot worse than the non-branded boxes. I bought TFS box and am a little disappointed because nothing in it really interests me except the lip mask. I'm glad I didn't buy the Etude House box because it seems even worse.

I bought the first Banila box, but after seeing these two super boxes, I will not buy the new banila superbox! Which is good for my wallet because I was tempted. XD

I do wish I would have bought box 8, but box 9 is coming up, which I have pre-ordered!

Omg... mine looks about the same too! I had to call usps to open an 'investigation' and mine was even in the same city as me!! Stupid usps... Ps. It was for my lucky box #1 -.-'
This is my lucky box 1 as well,lol. I opened a claim and they answered along the lines of 'sorry, looks like it's coming to you now!'

Exactly! And yeah, I use whitening creams or gels on my knees or elbows too.  Those strong peeling and whitening masks? On my armpits. Heheheh.. :icon_chee  
Precisely, Veritazy! Some products or specific ingredients in general are simply too potent and are not kind to the skin on your face over the long term. :)

So I am apparently in the minority for still being really happy with all the boxes I have received in the past two weeks? This week I received the #8 box and Etude House, and last week was the #7 and SB #2. Love this express shipping for bundled boxes they have going on!

As far as #8 - The cleanser looks really fun, and it is a huge product! But then, I love trying out new oil cleansers. I've been wanting them to include a sleeping pack, so I liked the Heart Face item although I wish it was a bigger sample. I also love trying out new shampoos and sheet masks so those were wins too. The BB cream and whitening creams I was less excited about, but that is because I have so many already. I'll still try them out.

Etude House - This is one of my favorite brands! I love their packaging, but their products work really well too, or at least the ones that I have tried. The hair mask and primer are items I have been eyeing for a while so those were super exciting! I've only ever used cream highlighters, so the powder highlighter will be fun to play with. The "eye shadow" was more of an eye glitter, but I will totally use it to sparkle up the center of my eyes! That is probably my third fav product in the box! I might be looking to trade for some of the other colors too (I got the gold), I've seen the Like 20 around but never really understood what it did, so it's awesome that I can check it out now! The lip tint is nice, although I wish the orange had been an option since I've been wanted to try that one for a while. The only dud for me was the nail polish and that's only becuase I'm not a fan of crellys + glitter. It's cute, but I probably won't ever use it.

So yeah, overall, I'm really happy. The Face Shop box looked ok until I realized how much the box cost. I had been thinking it was one of the $23 ones. I've never really liked that brand so I'm glad I stayed away from it. I would have been super disappointed with that one. It's the first major dud box I've seen from Meme Box.

For new boxes, I went ahead and ordered the #12 and Lucky Box #2 because that eye cream is a HG item for me, and at $40 I would much prefer to buy this $23 box. I almost wish I had bought two! Since I've already gotten all the other boxes I will probably be trading the rest of it away. I really want the Oil and Troubles box but I am currently experimenting with the Benton skincare line so I wouldn't even use those items for a while, if ever. 

I'm getting the whitening cream in Box #8 and as someone who prefers to be tan (I know, I'm such a bad Korean), I was like WTF will I use this for? But I saw the suggestion to use it on knees...great idea!! I hate my darker knees! 

Quote: Originally Posted by veritazy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Exactly! And yeah, I use whitening creams or gels on my knees or elbows too. 

Those strong peeling and whitening masks? On my armpits. Heheheh.. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Ha, great idea!!

Where are you located Meggpi? Your package and mine (Superbox 2) seem to be taking a ride around the Midwest the last day or two. My package went from customs in Chicago on 3/20 and ended up in Allen Park, MI on 3/28. I live in Chicago.

Some shipping comedy.

Latest posts

Back