Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DHL is such a scam, seriously, "administrative fee's"??? They were paid for Their services already "SHIPPING".I'm complaining about this to Memebox.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bunbunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So apparently my memory's gone whack and I actually ordered the Superbox from Thefaceshop. I'm somewhat disappointed now. Holiday polish, really? And the BB cream *apparently* has lemon in it, which I do not approve of at all. Bluh.

Also I apparently ordered Superbox 3 and I never got an e-mail saying it shipped, much less a tracking number. Anyone else have this problem? I e-mailed them but who knows when I'll get a reply.
Sorry to hear that you guys aren't liking TFS box.. Memebox btr get it together! I think it is not an understatement to say they are drunk with success atm.

I'm liking some items in #8 but tbh the total retail comes up to about $50+ only, unlike the previous boxes so I was a little crushed. And bear in mind samples come free most of the time with giant cosmetic companies in Korea, so adding the value of samples is sort of a cheat (thats what I feel at least). I bought memebox with the trust of getting good value, and chance to try out the newer brands in the market. If the box is loaded with dated stuff, then sorry meme, I'm out. 

Also I have not received any reply till today. I think their CS either crashed or they are ignoring mails. 

How long did it take for you to get it?
Based on the DHL tracking the information was first received by DHL on March 25. The DHL courier arrived around 7:30 pm (which is odd because I never get any packages from any courier that late before). So three days. This was a total surprise because the tracking was never updated.

Thanks, Cola. The DHL delivery option does not seem cost-effective. I guess I'd prefer snail mail or regular mail to avoid the additional cost if I could control it. I mean I could probably buy a new box, instead of having to fork over administrative fees to DHL.

Sorry to hear that you guys aren't liking TFS box.. Memebox btr get it together! I think it is not an understatement to say they are drunk with success atm. I'm liking some items in #8 but tbh the total retail comes up to about $50+ only, unlike the previous boxes so I was a little crushed. And bear in mind samples come free most of the time with giant cosmetic companies in Korea, so adding the value of samples is sort of a cheat (thats what I feel at least). I bought memebox with the trust of getting good value, and chance to try out the newer brands in the market. If the box is loaded with dated stuff, then sorry meme, I'm out.  Also I have not received any reply till today. I think their CS either crashed or they are ignoring mails. 
I agree! So I finally got a response to only one of my emails that I had sent a week ago. The only problem was that the CS rep just replied with a general and vague answer. They basically just copied and pasted content from their website! What's the point of that? I can read! Lol Well, just to be fair, I think they may not have the human resources to handle the potential high volume of orders. That or they are deliberately ignoring emails from customers like me who would like to cancel orders within appropriate timeframe (3 days before shipment).

Quote: Originally Posted by Cola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree!

So I finally got a response to only one of my emails that I had sent a week ago. The only problem was that the CS rep just replied with a general and vague answer. They basically just copied and pasted content from their website! What's the point of that? I can read! Lol

Well, just to be fair, I think they may not have the human resources to handle the potential high volume of orders. That or they are deliberately ignoring emails from customers like me who would like to cancel orders within appropriate timeframe (3 days before shipment).
Are you cancelling you're  orders?

I am thinking about a few. They really haven't answered my emails. Like don't get me wrong I like their regular and lucky boxes.

I am thinking about a few. They really haven't answered my emails.

Like don't get me wrong I like their regular and lucky boxes.
Im really worried now about the extra fee's.... I mean 7 boxes x 14-16$ dollars...

I agree that they shouldn't ship express (DHL, EMS), if the box says it will ship standard. Or if you pay for standard shipping. I was expecting my regular mailman to deliver my boxes, but instead DHL showed up and I was like - wtf?! - XD Thank goodness I mostly work from home, otherwise I would have been really angry because I'd have to drive 50 minutes or so to pick up a package... I thought that free shipping code only covered standard? Maybe I'm wrong, though. XD

It sucks for people in other counties that have to pay all these customs fees. It also sucks for people who don't want to sign for a darn package, thus picked standard shipping (It is why I emailed them and asked them to specifically send box 7 standard for me...)

edit: nevermind, my bad. The coupon said "FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING" - so it was obviously me not paying attention! But still, the point is still valid cuz lots of people picked standard and got DHL.

Im really worried now about the extra fee's.... I mean 7 boxes x 14-16$ dollars...
Unless they send it using DHL then I don't think you'll have much to worry about. All my previous boxes, that were sent using EMS/k-packet, I never had to pay those fees before. For me, this was true for both standard and express shipping.

I agree!

So I finally got a response to only one of my emails that I had sent a week ago. The only problem was that the CS rep just replied with a general and vague answer. They basically just copied and pasted content from their website! What's the point of that? I can read! Lol

Well, just to be fair, I think they may not have the human resources to handle the potential high volume of orders. That or they are deliberately ignoring emails from customers like me who would like to cancel orders within appropriate timeframe (3 days before shipment).
Ahh..I just need a response. Yeah I think so too. But it is a multi-million dollar business so shouldn't they invest in CS? And as you said, they are definitely being sly by ignoring cancellations or emails that possibly lead to cancellations (like problems with shipments, payment, etc). 

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyManah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I agree that they shouldn't ship express (DHL, EMS), if the box says it will ship standard. Or if you pay for standard shipping. I was expecting my regular mailman to deliver my boxes, but instead DHL showed up and I was like - wtf?! - XD Thank goodness I mostly work from home, otherwise I would have been really angry because I'd have to drive 50 minutes or so to pick up a package... I thought that free shipping code only covered standard? Maybe I'm wrong, though. XD

It sucks for people in other counties that have to pay all these customs fees. It also sucks for people who don't want to sign for a darn package, thus picked standard shipping (It is why I emailed them and asked them to specifically send box 7 standard for me...)

edit: nevermind, my bad. The coupon said "FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING" - so it was obviously me not paying attention! But still, the point is still valid cuz lots of people picked standard and got DHL.

Are you talking about the "SHIP4CHEAP" coupon? Or a previous coupon listed on one of the boxes?

Quote: Originally Posted by boxnewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I will try your trick.  I really love the tony moly stain (red) look on my lips but it gets really dry. Also, it doesn't stick to my upper lip lol! 
Try ths

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyManah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

DHL came like super early in the morning for me  compared to my Post office who  delivers in afternoon and UPS and Fed Ex delivers afternoons / evenings

I was still in my jammies and someone was banging on my door like the SWAT team, I thought who in the world could it be this early and urgent? I thought it was a police officer and I was about to pee in my pants cause he banged so hard on my door when everyone was just waking up and it was DHL, lol,

Quote: Originally Posted by veritazy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ahh..I just need a response. Yeah I think so too. But it is a multi-million dollar business so shouldn't they invest in CS? And as you said, they are definitely being sly by ignoring cancellations or emails that possibly lead to cancellations (like problems with shipments, payment, etc). 
Is that why they aren't replying to my emails either, I wonder? The first few were about me not being able to use codes that worked for everyone else and now it's about my missing tracking. I sent emails from my personal and blog IDs and have a few auto-responses to show for it, that's all. Tweets and a comment on their Facebook page have also been ignored - I don't want to overdo the tweeting and commenting as it will create drama. This is really getting to me now.

*Hums the chorus of The Beatles' No Reply to herself*

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyJunction /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is that why they aren't replying to my emails either, I wonder? The first few were about me not being able to use codes that worked for everyone else and now it's about my missing tracking. I sent emails from my personal and blog IDs and have a few auto-responses to show for it, that's all. Tweets and a comment on their Facebook page have also been ignored - I don't want to overdo the tweeting and commenting as it will create drama. This is really getting to me now.

I wonder too...Well, judging from the theme of collection of ignored emails, it seems likely. They were also promoting their unsold-out boxes on emails so that sounded desperate to me. "Like c'mon lets ignore the internationals and get their moneys before its too late." It's all speculations until they answer to my email. I don't want to create drama too...but rly? Ignoring problems? That's child's play. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

p/s they have a facebook page? tried pm-ing them there?

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyJunction /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really hope Memebox smartens up with their Customer Service, or I will hitting the road , and never coming back :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

"*Check your account and spend remaining reward points! Bonus reward points expires on March 31"

I saw that they got rid of there referral points system, but does this mean on March 31st reward points all together will be gone?

Wish they sent us an email about tracking info like they usually do. I went to search it up and it says K-PACKET along with a tracking number. Where do i go to search this? 

Also, still hoping that they release a box before the end of the month. Only a few days left :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When you check the prices in the official The Face Shop online store (http://www.thefaceshop.com/direct.jsp?PATH=ethefaceshop&URL=/category/tfs_new_list.jsp?) you will find out that for now the value of the SB TFS is 30920 Won = 29$. There is a promotion in store now - but I would expect we should also have one buying this box. Obviously Memebox can have much better prices.

It is the first time I am completely disappointed with the box. I am still waiting to get mine feeling only irritation.

I hope it does not mean future boxes and Superboxes will look like this one. Sometimes they say: you pay 50$ and get box worth 120$ but for SB Banila Co there was no information like this. Does it mean it will be a miscellany of the cheapest products from the brand? Just like the TFS box?

Anyway I am completely cured from The Face Shop brand for a long, long time.

Latest posts

Back