Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  On another note, did anyone open the masks from box #7 yet? I opened it tonight and they were SO incredibly goopy and saturated with product. I also noticed that it seem like there are multiple masks all stuck together? I've never seen a mask come like that before...there's no way to reseal the foil pack so why the heck would the company put more than one mask in there??
I used one of the Bio Med Aqua Dressing masks two nights ago.  It was very liquidy in the pouch, but I didn't have a problem with multiples.  The only issue I experienced was the paper mask didn't want to sit nicely on my face where it was folded.  It kept tenting up in weird places.  No noticible skin improvements once it washed off like some masks.

Quote: Originally Posted by Loves2BPretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooo!  Awesome post.  Now I really want to try the eye balm. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Do you think that concealer will apply well over the balm? (If so, then I'm in! lol)
I think so! I'll try it out tonight and let you know!

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyManah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think so! I'll try it out tonight and let you know!

Yay! thanks.  
smile.gif

You had me at undereye circles lol.  Mine are little but mighty (or at least tough to cover in a way that makes me look makeup free). 

Quote: Originally Posted by Jackbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Bad news for some of us in Canada.  I returned home to find a DHL slip.  They are charging $16.72 in duty and taxes. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
oOO noooooooooooooo. The lady I talked too today at DHL said it might be 14$... Ughh I hate DHL!!!

Bad news for some of us in Canada.  I returned home to find a DHL slip.  They are charging $16.72 in duty and taxes. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thats an expensive memebox :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Did you have to pay customs?? Are they coming back on monday to deliver?

Quote: Originally Posted by Luxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thats an expensive memebox :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Did you have to pay customs?? Are they coming back on monday to deliver?
I am getting the box re-routed to my work and will pay from there.  I am emailing Memebox to inquire if they will always be using DHL in Canada since it might not be worth my while if they do.  They waybill number i have showed that the box left seoul only 4 days ago so this might be Express shipping.  I still have another box coming via Canada post which has taken about 3 weeks.  I would rather wait than pay DHL!

I am getting the box re-routed to my work and will pay from there.  I am emailing Memebox to inquire if they will always be using DHL in Canada since it might not be worth my while if they do.  They waybill number i have showed that the box left seoul only 4 days ago so this might be Express shipping.  I still have another box coming via Canada post which has taken about 3 weeks.  I would rather wait than pay DHL!
Ahhhhh Yes!!! I just realized, from past purchases from China, if you get stuff expressed, custom's etc takes a good look at the slips and the prices on the packages, if you get things regular post /standard, 2-4 weeks you most likely wont get dinged for customs... I bet you're canada post memebox wont get charged... Let us know when you get it!

I agree it is likely that my canada post won`t get charged.  I just wish I could figure out why memebox sent me an express shipping box.  I never a) paid for it or B) received a tracking number.  Oh, well hopefully they will answer my email and give some clarity on the situation.

^^ I'm also ordering from Canada and I think mine arrived through DHL as well since my sister was a little grumpy about having to pay duties D:

Quote: Originally Posted by lalal0ve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ^^ I'm also ordering from Canada and I think mine arrived through DHL as well since my sister was a little grumpy about having to pay duties D:
Was it express shipping?

Quote: Originally Posted by Luxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Come on MemeBox, add another box pleaseeee before I purchase box 12#
I'm also here waiting for another box out before the end of the month :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, I just checked the site, and it seems they did not introduce a new box. It appears my two meme points expired, so perhaps that's a sign that I should refrain from buying a box. I probably would have purchased a box just to use those two points but I got too busy today.

So I just got my package (box 8 and TFS box). It was sent by DHL. I also had to pay customs/duty of $18.74 (duty of $2.22, GST of $2.52, processing of $10 & collection on delivery fee of $4.00). I'm from Canada. I wonder why some of you ladies got to pay less? By the way, I don't mind paying the taxes/duty but wow the administrative fee is just insane! It definitely made my box not worth it. I would rather have snail mail than DHL! Yep. I am 100% regretting that I've purchased TFS box. I can't believe I would hate the box more now that it's in my hands. The items I thought I would like is quite disappointing. Sizes are similar to regular boxes (just based on the BB cream and rice cream). I also get better nail polishes from my other subscriptions (Lip Factory, Topbox and IPSY). Lol I feel extremely ripped off! Quite a disappointing day for me. I don't think super boxes are for me. Also, the additional fee made my purchase not worth it. The only silver lining for me is box #8 but even that box wasn't enough for me to justify the addition cost. These are just my opinion.

Wow, Cola. The administrative fees are ridiculous. I am sorry for those of you in Canada who have to go through such a process to receive the boxes. I hope Memebox steps up their game to allow those in Canada who want to opt out of DHL delivery to do so --- provided it is in their power. Some predictability or control with delivery would be nice. What if the recipient did not have access to his/her credit card or cash upon delivery?

So apparently my memory's gone whack and I actually ordered the Superbox from Thefaceshop. I'm somewhat disappointed now. Holiday polish, really? And the BB cream *apparently* has lemon in it, which I do not approve of at all. Bluh.

Also I apparently ordered Superbox 3 and I never got an e-mail saying it shipped, much less a tracking number. Anyone else have this problem? I e-mailed them but who knows when I'll get a reply.

Wow, Cola. The administrative fees are ridiculous. I am sorry for those of you in Canada who have to go through such a process to receive the boxes. I hope Memebox steps up their game to allow those in Canada who want to opt out of DHL delivery to do so --- provided it is in their power. Some predictability or control with delivery would be nice. What if the recipient did not have access to his/her credit card or cash upon delivery?
I believe if the recipient didn't have the money then it would be sent to a DHL facility and the customer has to pick up and pay there.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I paid for standard shipping but maybe for convenience Memebox combined my two boxes and used DHL.
How long did it take for you to get it?

Latest posts

Back