Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by boxnewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I will try your trick.  I really love the tony moly stain (red) look on my lips but it gets really dry. Also, it doesn't stick to my upper lip lol! 

Hmmm... Probably just means that your upper lip is slightly less exfoliated than your lower lip.  

You can half-way solve the problem by taking extra care to moisturize the lower lip and get a good coating of lipstick to the lower lip. Maybe even set the lower lip with a TINY amount of powder (thru a kleenex) then re-apply lipstick. That will at least allow the lower lip to take up the stain SLIGHTLY less well so the lips look even. 

If you want to get from halfway to totally solved, then you can also try a lip exfoliator on the upper lip. I hate hate HATE the ones with little grains of sand/beads/whatever that mechanically exfoliate the skin.  I think they cause damage/inflammation. But there are very gentle chemical exfoliants for the lips.  Never used one myself. (sigh, I just cheat and spread my AHA down a bit onto my upper lip. I ADMIT IT!!  Not sure if thats fine or harmless but it hasnt hurt me -- and my lips take up the stain evenly now.)

**EDIT:  Be sure your lipstick isnt too WAXY (like some drugstore ones are) because it wont allow great absorbtion of the stain.  The stain will just wick right off your lips like rain off a car windshield.

Quote: Originally Posted by Luxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ive had bad issues with DHL items being shiped here to Canada from another country, the item WAS under 10$ it was butterfly appliques I ordered 5 of them = 7$ USD. DHL charged me 15$ for them to bring it into Canada for me that wasnt even customs! wtf eh... I dont trust DHL , they are also the worst shipping company in the world.

How were your experiences with the shipping costs from DHL and memeboxes? I'm debating on whether or not to buy just 1 today and save my next order after they possibly release new boxes or if I should buy 2 now to save myself from having to pay shipping twice. If I buy 1, I don't want shipping to cost more than my package. I am also shipping to Canada so thats why I thought to ask you

Quote: Originally Posted by Loves2BPretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will try your trick.  I really love the tony moly stain (red) look on my lips but it gets really dry. Also, it doesn't stick to my upper lip lol! 

Hmmm... Probably just means that your upper lip is slightly less exfoliated than your lower lip.  

You can half-way solve the problem by taking extra care to moisturize the lower lip and get a good coating of lipstick to the lower lip. Maybe even set the lower lip with a TINY amount of powder (thru a kleenex) then re-apply lipstick. That will at least allow the lower lip to take up the stain SLIGHTLY less well so the lips look even. 

If you want to get from halfway to totally solved, then you can also try a lip exfoliator on the upper lip. I hate hate HATE the ones with little grains of sand/beads/whatever that mechanically exfoliate the skin.  I think they cause damage/inflammation. But there are very gentle chemical exfoliants for the lips.  Never used one myself. (sigh, I just cheat and spread my AHA down a bit onto my upper lip. I ADMIT IT!!  Not sure if thats fine or harmless but it hasnt hurt me -- and my lips take up the stain evenly now.)

**EDIT:  Be sure your lipstick isnt too WAXY (like some drugstore ones are) because it wont allow great absorbtion of the stain.  The stain will just wick right off your lips like rain off a car windshield.

Thanks! =) I think I will try the Tony Moly Kiss Kiss Lip Scrub

Quote: Originally Posted by tffnybb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How were your experiences with the shipping costs from DHL and memeboxes? I'm debating on whether or not to buy just 1 today and save my next order after they possibly release new boxes or if I should buy 2 now to save myself from having to pay shipping twice. If I buy 1, I don't want shipping to cost more than my package. I am also shipping to Canada so thats why I thought to ask you

Thats the problem Im having with now, I dont know weather or not to order some now, or wait.  Shipping for Canada and USA is 6.99$ per BOX.  Id suggest ordering the 2 boxes now so you can save 6.99$.  Total for a memebox global which is 23.99$ USD, with shipping  = (CDN) is 34.26$ with shipping, without any codes.

Quote: Originally Posted by Luxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thats the problem Im having with now, I dont know weather or not to order some now, or wait.  Shipping for Canada and USA is 6.99$ per BOX.  Id suggest ordering the 2 boxes now so you can save 6.99$.  Total for a memebox global which is 23.99$ USD, with shipping  = (CDN) is 34.26$ with shipping, without any codes.

Oh okay cause when I order other products online and they're delivered by DHL, I usually have to pay another cost when I receive my package. I don't know how they come up with the cost, but the last time I bought something from Korea, I had to pay an extra $100 on top of what I paid for shipping when I checked out on the website.. and there was really nothing I could do about it. I'm just scared i'll have another surprise fee from DHL when I order off memebox. Its good to hear that you haven't had to deal with anything like this from DHL when ordering from memebox

wow guys.. woke up to about 100 unread posts lol (reading this thread has become part of my daily routine haha)

they need a new box.. I dont know what to use my 2 memepoints on.. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

ps. although i am sad about TFS box, i dont quite mind it because i know not every box is going to be a hit =] but i am willing to trade if anyone wants anything, otherwise i will gift basket to people =] 

HAPPY FRIDAY and have a great day everyone!

About The FaceShop Box: I like The Face Shop Box! I can understand others disappointment, I was hoping to see a few items like that Mango facial butter, despite that, I quite like all the items included. My least favorite is the eyeshadow, but I think I will be able to use that for a date night. I have no opinion on the bb yet, I need to open that still. But it says it covers freckles as a fair skinned freckled girl, I'd really like to see how that looks and works. I think because I have been loving makeup lately. I'm really loving the packaging on the lipstick tint. I love the color and the Eiffel Tower with little hearts at the top. So cute. My second favorite is the Lovely ME:EX pastel cushion blender in peach cushion. I am a huge fan of peach and I love the little puff it comes with. I am truly a sucker for cute packaging. I'm so excited for the lip mask. Currently I have a cold and my upper lip and under my nose are raw. Once they heal some, when I get done with this cold, I can't wait to pamper my lips. I have been wanting to try this. I'm still excited about face masks in general, (I did order the mask box) so I'm excited to try all different kinds. Last night I used a Dead Sea mud mask that I bought on sale at Target. For those of you wanting to try Laneige in USA, tweet them @laneigeus they can tell you the closest Target that offers Laniege, they will have testers extra. They just stared selling here in select Targets, you can also order online. I'm thinking of ordering a trial kit from eBay 1st, thou. Anyway, I'll get going later today, getting all my boxes ready to blog about.

Quote: Originally Posted by tffnybb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh okay cause when I order other products online and they're delivered by DHL, I usually have to pay another cost when I receive my package. I don't know how they come up with the cost, but the last time I bought something from Korea, I had to pay an extra $100 on top of what I paid for shipping when I checked out on the website.. and there was really nothing I could do about it. I'm just scared i'll have another surprise fee from DHL when I order off memebox. Its good to hear that you haven't had to deal with anything like this from DHL when ordering from memebox
An extra 100$ wow!!!!!!!!! Thats insane, that should be illegal! Anyways I just got off the phone with DHL CS and they said IF you're package gets charged a customs fee at the Canadian border, DHL will AUTOMATICALLY charge you 14$ for their "PROCESSING FEE" + the customs fee, which is ridiculous!!!!! Absurd!!. Thus is why I HATE DHL. So lets hope our boxes get past customs.. Like Id be just as happy paying the custom fee's for it coming to me through the border, but when DHL charges ME and extra 14$ for gosh knows what, than thats when I would get angry. Its like, it does not make sense, we already paid for the shipping...& to top all this jazz off with DHL, there's a driver that Ive had to complain about that works for DHL,  I think he's against women or something because when he first delivered a package to me a year ago, he knocked on the door and very rudly said "Here's you're package, get your credit card and pay NOW" I had to call CS and complain, letting them know I didnt want him to deliver to my house again. They gave him a warning, a few months go by and he delivers another package, this time he does not even look me in the eye. Anyways, Ive had sooooo much bad experiences with DHL. I really wish Memebox used another shipping company.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  May I suggest you look closer at the package, there are instructions in English :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Only the silicone middle part of the "sandwich" is the actual mask.
haha oh gosh, I am practically blind without glasses/contacts, so when I decided to slap on the mask last night I was desperately trying to read the packaging for an explanation I thought, "oh well, it's probably all in Korean!"

The worst part is I've had masks come this way before...I have no idea why I didn't attempt to pull the other two apart!

I definitely wore the paper on my face for 10 minutes last night, Hahahah...*crawls into hole of embarrassment

haha oh gosh, I am practically blind without glasses/contacts, so when I decided to slap on the mask last night I was desperately trying to read the packaging for an explanation I thought, "oh well, it's probably all in Korean!" The worst part is I've had masks come this way before...I have no idea why I didn't attempt to pull the other two apart! I definitely wore the paper on my face for 10 minutes last night, Hahahah...*crawls into hole of embarrassment
Did you take a picture? Omg I needed to see that hahahahah!

Did you take a picture? Omg I needed to see that hahahahah!
haha I didn't! I was figuring I'd take one when I used another mask and had my contacts in so I could see a bit better. Lesson learned: don't use new/random beauty products at night once your lenses are out!
doh.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by cmarlor /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the superbox 2 coming hopefully any time now but I don't use eyeliner at all hopefully I can swap this for something for my dry skin .Very interested in the cheese cream or lemon cleanser I had a luckybox 1 ordered that memebox accidentally canceled when I inquired about shipping ...now it's sold out

If you have the Black Tea set of eyeliners I'd be happy to switch you for the Lemon Cleanser, or possibly the cheese cream, or dry skin cream from memebox 7.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  FINALLY got my memebox #6 that was delayed, as well as memebox #7 and a few things to review and do a giveaway with!

Thoughts:

Memebox is amazing and I love them for sending me stuff to do giveaways with because that's my favorite thing ever and they have returned to being my favorite company ever.

Of course, I ran to grab my camera so I could get up my reviews as soon as possible... and the battery is dead. *MASSIVE GRUMBLING*

They sent the memebrush set for me to review. Spoiler: they're super cute and well made!

I am obsessed with the a:t fox black tea kit from #7. I don't even want to touch it or use it because it's so stinkin cute!

So many things to review and play with, but I was just so excited to see the DHL guy at my door. Especially because he actually climbed the 3 flights of stairs to get to me, which no mail carrier ever does! LOL I totally had a million things to do today but I'm going to put them all off so I can just live in memebox land for the day!
 Nuuuu >....< I was waiting for you to get yours because you said you might trade.

I'll go cry in a corner now, lol.

I swore off Memebox, but I'm so tempted to get this new oily skin one...ugh.

This conversation has been moving so fast I have no idea what's going on, haha!

For people in Canada: I got regular shipping for my Luckybox #1 and it was left on my porch with no custom fees or even having to sign for anything! I hope you all have the same luck (pun not intended).

Quote: Originally Posted by samplehime /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you have the Black Tea set of eyeliners I'd be happy to switch you for the Lemon Cleanser, or possibly the cheese cream, or dry skin cream from memebox 7.

Nuuuu >....< I was waiting for you to get yours because you said you might trade.

I'll go cry in a corner now, lol.

I swore off Memebox, but I'm so tempted to get this new oily skin one...ugh.
I'm sorrryyyyy </3 I didn't think I'd get so dang attached to everything the moment it arrived I just wanted to open it all up and dunk my grubby little fingers into everything.

I'm pretty sure there is a trade thread on here for memebox stuff did someone already direct you to it? I'll dig around for it if no one did!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm sorrryyyyy </3 I didn't think I'd get so dang attached to everything the moment it arrived I just wanted to open it all up and dunk my grubby little fingers into everything.

I'm pretty sure there is a trade thread on here for memebox stuff did someone already direct you to it? I'll dig around for it if no one did!
Found it! https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/140576/memebox-swap-thread-2014

Quote: Originally Posted by Bunbunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This conversation has been moving so fast I have no idea what's going on, haha!

For people in Canada: I got regular shipping for my Luckybox #1 and it was left on my porch with no custom fees or even having to sign for anything! I hope you all have the same luck (pun not intended).
THANK YOU for letting us fellow Canadians know :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ughhhh just caught up on comments. I have the lip tint and the highlighter in the EH super box >....> and if they send me an eyeshadow I already have I'm going to be devastated lol. The hair mask is terrible by the way...that whole line does absolutely nothing for textured Asian hair.

Latest posts

Back