Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by cheriii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi everyone! I have been stalking this thread for so long but just created an account to comment here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Here I have the retail price for all the items in Thefaceshop Superbox in Korean won, based on the info at http://www.thefaceshop.com/.

Lovely ME:EX Lip Tint Stick SPF13 : â‚©8800

Cherry-Cherry Lips Modeling Gel Patch : â‚©2500

Clean Face Oil-Free BB Cream : â‚©8000

Face It Nails Holiday Love Edition : â‚©6000

Hyaluronic Acid Essential Mask Sheet : â‚©1000

Lovely ME:EX Pastel Cushion Blusher : â‚©5000

Rice Ceramide Moisture Cream : â‚©4900

Lovely ME:EX You & Eyes : â‚©3900

Total: â‚©40100 

Be reminded that The Face Shop always have discounts and events going on in Korea, for instance right now it's having a 20-50% off sale. I have heard that most locals buy beauty items at discounted price, especially for road shops like TFS, Etude House, Tony Moly.

I ordered the TFS superbox too, and have to say I am quite disappointed by the look of the spoiler pictures. They are not even the popular/star products of TFS - I am talking about the aura cc cream, dual veil concealer, Chia-seed gel cream, and the like that receive lots of love from the Korean themselves. I thought Memebox was created to bring us the popular Korean beauty items... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Well I can't say the 8 products in the Superbox are not good since I haven't receive the box nor tried the items before, just it doesn't seem to be a box representing the best of TFS and doesn't seem to contain so much love and appreciation from Memebox :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I ordered Luckybox #1 restock, Luckybox #2 and the Free from Oil and Trouble box... I hope the boxes will blow me away and make up for this TFS box!

You do make an excellent point that memebox is supposed to bring us the popular Korean beauty items, and it's clear that these are not anywhere near the most popular from TFS. It's a shame that people spent that much money and didn't get something that lived up to their expectations :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You do make an excellent point that memebox is supposed to bring us the popular Korean beauty items, and it's clear that these are not anywhere near the most popular from TFS. It's a shame that people spent that much money and didn't get something that lived up to their expectations :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You are right, I agree with you completely!

Memebox messaged me back with my tracking number for Box #8! It's in Incheon...and I hope it stays there for awhile, haha! I actually do, as I don't want it to go missing if it goes to my  new address and I'm not there! 

And...my 2 points don't expire until around 4 or so this afternoon. Oh Memebox...it's like you know I'll eventually succumb to you and your points! But please, come out with a new box!

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyJunction /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My credit card is almost maxed out but I can probably squeeze in one more box, especially if it is box 7 restock lol!
lOL

No reply yet, nothing all this week, despite recent emails having "URGENT ORDER PROBLEM" - yes, in those awful shouty caps - in the subject line :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In fact, throughout March, I've only got vague, general replies. I don't think they like me very much lol

I don't know, I took another look at The Face Shop Box, It looks pretty good! I mean, those products you can 't get In North America, and if you can, Im sure its very rare to get. I would have loved The Face Shop Box :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

No reply yet, nothing all this week, despite recent emails having "URGENT ORDER PROBLEM" - yes, in those awful shouty caps - in the subject line :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In fact, throughout March, I've only got vague, general replies. I don't think they like me very much lol

To bad they don't have 'LIVE CHAT" :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I got a respond from them for a general question about animal testing, they responded in 3 hours or so.They said "we can't mention that".. Huh??  lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Luxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To bad they don't have 'LIVE CHAT" :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I got a respond from them for a general question about animal testing, they responded in 3 hours or so.
It's definitely me, then! Why? I ordered a total of 18 boxes (and counting), sent over some 12 people and have been raving all over the place. Boo hoo!

Memebox finally lured me back in with the points they put in my account and the free shipping. I'm liking the spoiler for luckybox 2 so I made that one my second box. Still working on trying out all the products from LB1. 

Question: I see that some of you love the tony moly stain. It's not wearing evenly for me. Please share your application tips :) 

It's definitely me, then! Why? I ordered a total of 18 boxes (and counting), sent over some 12 people and have been raving all over the place. Boo hoo!

That's not cool, I mean, you spent A LOT of money with them, and the least they could do is acknowledge you're concern about you're purchases. I would keep at it, email them , just keep emailing them!! I would email them every hour but that's just me when my purchases go array and when my concern get ignored.

Quote: Originally Posted by Luxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's not cool, I mean, you spent A LOT of money with them, and the least they could do is acknowledge you're concern about you're purchases. I would keep at it, email them , just keep emailing them!! I would email them every hour but that's just me when my purchases go array and when my concern get ignored.
Good idea! Wear 'em down until they have to respond lol. I'm going to email every waking hour, and start tweeting and posting messages on Facebook as well once an hour.

Yes! I have a tracking number for my box #8. I ordered this together with luckybox 1, I just checked the status and the old tracking number (luckybox 1's tracking number which I already received) has been changed to a new one. So to those who ordered multiple boxes at the same time, try that tracking number you have, I'm only showing one (they overwrite the old one) and paste it to USPS/ DHL website, you might see the status of your boxes that are being shipped out.  I didn't receive an email so I just checked it on my own. I hope I make sense. 

On another note, did anyone open the masks from box #7 yet? I opened it tonight and they were SO incredibly goopy and saturated with product. I also noticed that it seem like there are multiple masks all stuck together? I've never seen a mask come like that before...there's no way to reseal the foil pack so why the heck would the company put more than one mask in there??
I opened one. It only had one mask but it was sopping wet. I did wear it and my face was hydrated but I didn't think it was anything I'd repurchase. Really uncomfortable for me.

Isn't AmorePacific a Korean brand? I've been using their overnight mask and love it. Has Memebox had any of their products in the boxes?

Quote: Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Isn't AmorePacific a Korean brand? I've been using their overnight mask and love it. Has Memebox had any of their products in the boxes?
AmorePacific is the giant among Korean cosmetic companies, somewhat like L'Oreal - they own Etude House, Innisfree, Mamonde, Laneige, IOPE and others and have their own brand's products as well.

AmorePacific is the giant among Korean cosmetic companies, somewhat like L'Oreal - they own Etude House, Innisfree, Mamonde, Laneige, IOPE and others and have their own brand's products as well.

Ah, I did not know that. I'm just learning about Korean brands. Thanks for the info.

Yup, I learned this a few months ago. Apparently, Koreans rank these lines in terms of quality and effectiveness. Some are touted for specific items or specializations, others not so much.

I would love it if Memebox introduced a Laneige-themed Memebox, not Superbox so that I can try a few of their skincare products. I'd even consider Innisfree and IOPE too.

Well, let me bring up a point, Its not like we have IPSY and other American boxes sending us gobs of Stila, Urban Decay, and Tarte and Too faced. The idea was to bring lesser known brands to awareness . So maybe theres a misunderstanding, But the fact being that most Americans still havent tried Tony Moly etc, they should  send out samplers too, I thought that was the point of the speciality boxes like Etude and Banila  as I heard from the conversations here

On another note, did anyone open the masks from box #7 yet? I opened it tonight and they were SO incredibly goopy and saturated with product. I also noticed that it seem like there are multiple masks all stuck together? I've never seen a mask come like that before...there's no way to reseal the foil pack so why the heck would the company put more than one mask in there??
 I had a girls night and used them! I think the two paper sheets attached were to keep it from sticking to itself? Once I peeled off one of the paper sheets I stuck the gel to my face and peeled off the other paper sheet. It definitely was slimy, though. 

Latest posts

Back