Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jane George /img/forum/go_quote.gif

45.99, so a fair chunk of change. 39 without postage added.
Oooh, yea then I can definitely see how some people might be disappointed.  I think there's still value there if you intend on using it all, but that's a bummer :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On another note, did anyone open the masks from box #7 yet? I opened it tonight and they were SO incredibly goopy and saturated with product. I also noticed that it seem like there are multiple masks all stuck together? I've never seen a mask come like that before...there's no way to reseal the foil pack so why the heck would the company put more than one mask in there??

Quote: Originally Posted by Jane George /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think memebox might be slipping slightly.
Well...I think one not-so-amazing box isn't quite enough to say they're slipping. Not every box is going to be a winner, just like any other "box" kind of service. It seems people are happy with the other boxes that are arriving/have arrived recently. I think it's a bit too early to say. I personally just think that thefaceshop box was a dud. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Honestly I've always thought that the original memeboxes are a much better value than the superboxes (even though the items are full size I still feel like they're a bit pricey for what you get) and the brand-specific boxes haven't been mind-blowingly amazing for me either. The Luckyboxes and OG memeboxes have been the most impressive, at least in my opinion!

Well...I think one not-so-amazing box isn't quite enough to say they're slipping. Not every box is going to be a winner, just like any other "box" kind of service. It seems people are happy with the other boxes that are arriving/have arrived recently. I think it's a bit too early to say. I personally just think that thefaceshop box was a dud. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Honestly I've always thought that the original memeboxes are a much better value than the superboxes (even though the items are full size I still feel like they're a bit pricey for what you get) and the brand-specific boxes haven't been mind-blowingly amazing for me either. The Luckyboxes and OG memeboxes have been the most impressive, at least in my opinion!
Superbox 1 was very good. Got it for my birthday. I have to agree that the normal/lucky boxes are the best value. I don't really look at the super boxes but was excited for this one. Think I might stay clear. Have bought normal ones until sixteen and just hope they are like seven and not TFS. The boxes in the uk in general aren't great and I hope this one stays good or I will be upset.

Quote: Originally Posted by YunaKim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thefaceshop box is horrible, especially for the price. It looks like a misguide curation of unwanted items. There's no sugar coating that. Even if Memebox sent it to me for free, I can still be objective and say it is lame and dated. Golly.
I didn't remember what the original price was, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm not familiar enough with thefaceshop to know whether or not every item in the box is "lame and dated." I understand the nail polishes seem to be from a winter collection, but I do actually own the rose cushion and I think it's quite cute and I enjoy using it.

I didn't get the box, so I kind of reserve judgement unless I am able to try the products that were included. Has anyone calculated the total retail price of the items by any chance? Just curious. I looked up each item on ebay, which is usually lower than the retail price, and I calculated a value of $64. I couldn't find the nail polish set, as it IS outdated (that's just weird...) but their regular nail polishes go for $5 each on ebay, so I calculated a $10 value on the set just as a guess. I am by no means saying that the box isn't kind of sad-looking (it totally is) I'm just saying the actual value is there, regardless.

The value might be there for some but it is not there for me and a handful of people I know who purchased it. While Thefaceshop is not a pricey brand in general in constrast to others, it still carries a few quality goodies. I don't see quality of any kind here. An item or two are passable but it does not mean I'd ever wear it, buy it, tout it or recommend it. To each is own. Shifting gears, Memebox 8 is a wonderland. I love it. In hindsight, I should have bought that one too. Memebox, in case you are reading, consider restocking that baby!

Quote: Originally Posted by YunaKim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The value might be there for some but it is not there for me and a handful of people I know who purchased it. While Thefaceshop is not a pricey brand in general in constrast to others, it still carries a few quality goodies. I don't see quality of any kind here. An item or two are passable but it does not mean I'd ever wear it, buy it, tout it or recommend it. To each is own.

Shifting gears, Memebox 8 is a wonderland. I love it. In hindsight, I should have bought that one too. Memebox, in case you are reading, consider restocking that baby!

I didn't grab M#8 and I wish I did! I didn't get 8 or 9 so I have to wait until 10 ships. I can only hope it's as nice as #8!

Mine are K-Packet but not combined - two different numbers.
Mine are K-Packed but one number so there is a risk that I will charge additional fees by custom office. Besides I paid twice for shipping so they should send it separately.

Mine are K-Packed but one number so there is a risk that I will charge additional fees by custom office. Besides I paid twice for shipping so they should send it separately.
LOl I pointed that out in my email to them and they ignored that email.

I didn't grab M#8 and I wish I did! I didn't get 8 or 9 so I have to wait until 10 ships. I can only hope it's as nice as #8!
I feel your pain. It's such a well-rounded assortment of products. Memebox outdid themselves on that box for sure. I picked up 11-16 and the remaining Luckyboxes, 2 & 3. Here's to hoping a few from box 8 make it in Luckybox 3. I guess we cannot buy them all. Also, for some odd reason the two points from yesterday are still in my account. Anyone else see them? I might pick up one thing today if Memebox introduces a new box or spoiler.

8 doesn't excite me as much as seven. Reading up on the whitening product I get the impression it is better used as a toner. Being as pale as pale can go I am not sure I will use it too much.

I really dont mind thefaceshop box. I ordered the box knowing it might be a hit or miss, but I like the products that came in the box. To say that memebox service is slipping might be a bit too much considering everyone was raving about box 7 and box 8. Yeah, CS isn't the best and their international shipping is a mess (probably why they are stopping that for awhile) but by the next box, everyone will have forgotten the dud that was thefaceshop box.

Memebox 7 indeed had several goodies in there. If only I could buy them all. (LOL). I have to exercise some level of discipline or restraint ---

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Has anyone calculated the total retail price of the items by any chance? Just curious. I looked up each item on ebay, which is usually lower than the retail price, and I calculated a value of $64. 

Hi everyone! I have been stalking this thread for so long but just created an account to comment here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Here I have the retail price for all the items in Thefaceshop Superbox in Korean won, based on the info at http://www.thefaceshop.com/.

Lovely ME:EX Lip Tint Stick SPF13 : â‚©8800

Cherry-Cherry Lips Modeling Gel Patch : â‚©2500

Clean Face Oil-Free BB Cream : â‚©8000

Face It Nails Holiday Love Edition : â‚©6000

Hyaluronic Acid Essential Mask Sheet : â‚©1000

Lovely ME:EX Pastel Cushion Blusher : â‚©5000

Rice Ceramide Moisture Cream : â‚©4900

Lovely ME:EX You & Eyes : â‚©3900

Total: â‚©40100 

Be reminded that The Face Shop always have discounts and events going on in Korea, for instance right now it's having a 20-50% off sale. I have heard that most locals buy beauty items at discounted price, especially for road shops like TFS, Etude House, Tony Moly.

I ordered the TFS superbox too, and have to say I am quite disappointed by the look of the spoiler pictures. They are not even the popular/star products of TFS - I am talking about the aura cc cream, dual veil concealer, Chia-seed gel cream, and the like that receive lots of love from the Korean themselves. I thought Memebox was created to bring us the popular Korean beauty items... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Well I can't say the 8 products in the Superbox are not good since I haven't receive the box nor tried the items before, just it doesn't seem to be a box representing the best of TFS and doesn't seem to contain so much love and appreciation from Memebox :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I ordered Luckybox #1 restock, Luckybox #2 and the Free from Oil and Trouble box... I hope the boxes will blow me away and make up for this TFS box!

Quote: Originally Posted by cheriii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi everyone! I have been stalking this thread for so long but just created an account to comment here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Here I have the retail price for all the items in Thefaceshop Superbox in Korean won, based on the info at http://www.thefaceshop.com/.

Lovely ME:EX Lip Tint Stick SPF13 : â‚©8800

Cherry-Cherry Lips Modeling Gel Patch : â‚©2500

Clean Face Oil-Free BB Cream : â‚©8000

Face It Nails Holiday Love Edition : â‚©6000

Hyaluronic Acid Essential Mask Sheet : â‚©1000

Lovely ME:EX Pastel Cushion Blusher : â‚©5000

Rice Ceramide Moisture Cream : â‚©4900

Lovely ME:EX You & Eyes : â‚©3900

Total: â‚©40100 

Be reminded that The Face Shop always have discounts and events going on in Korea, for instance right now it's having a 20-50% off sale. I have heard that most locals buy beauty items at discounted price, especially for road shops like TFS, Etude House, Tony Moly.

I ordered the TFS superbox too, and have to say I am quite disappointed by the look of the spoiler pictures. They are not even the popular/star products of TFS - I am talking about the aura cc cream, dual veil concealer, Chia-seed gel cream, and the like that receive lots of love from the Korean themselves. I thought Memebox was created to bring us the popular Korean beauty items... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Well I can't say the 8 products in the Superbox are not good since I haven't receive the box nor tried the items before, just it doesn't seem to be a box representing the best of TFS and doesn't seem to contain so much love and appreciation from Memebox :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I ordered Luckybox #1 restock, Luckybox #2 and the Free from Oil and Trouble box... I hope the boxes will blow me away and make up for this TFS box!
claps.gif

Not great then. I spent about 25 ish uk pounds on the box not including postage and using a converter the goods would cost just over 22.

Latest posts

Back