Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They make me feel so much pressure!  I think I'm going to have to unsubscribe just so I'm not tempted to buy anything else from them until I receive my two luckyboxes.

Although, if they re-released luckybox #1, I'd snatch that right up. 

Hi, my name's Lesal, and I have a freaking problem.

oh, man... more points!  plus the shipping.... Today might be the day i cave and get luckybox #3... yep.

I don't have anything to buy with the points because I've pretty much bought most of the boxes out right now lol. Unless they restock box 7 within the next few hours or release a box for acne (I have the one for oily skin on preorder already), those two points are going to waste.

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyJunction /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't have anything to buy with the points because I've pretty much bought most of the boxes out right now lol. Unless they restock box 7 within the next few hours or release a box for acne (I have the one for oily skin on preorder already), those two points are going to waste.
mine are too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Alot Of the makeup that's sold here in North America is made In China.. Mac is made in China. So it all depends on the Korean or Asian company that makes the products, some companies are cheap when making  there products, and some have better quality, it all depends.

Quote: Originally Posted by Luxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't know what to order before the 2 points expire... ughhhhhh
LOL! You're not the only one. I am going to walk away from my computer for an hour or so -- maybe I'll have an epiphany by then. (I feel so much pressure--)

Thanks to the 2 points and the 7 dollar shipping, added with my $15 in points - I got the box 12 for $6!! I knew waiting was worth it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got box 3 or 4 previously. Loved it. 

i like the etude box am glad i got that as for the face shop I'm glad i said no gut instinct .

i have decided to order now the oily box for my son only because the email for the 2 memepoints has come up and states its for today only you lose them after tonight. i mean happy easter to my son and a mere hope that there is an oily no3 dr g mentor cream in the box ,i love it.

wonder if there will be one day memepoint offers for the rest of the week or one day only boxes.

what are you thinking memebox.

Thanks for the photos of the Etude and Faceshop boxes!  I actually don't regret missing Etude as much now...since I was most interested in it for potential super-cute-packaging Etude products heheh.

Ugh, two more points!  I'm eyeing Luckybox #3 but I might not get it unless they post another spoiler on it by tonight...

Alot Of the makeup that's sold here in North America is made In China.. Mac is made in China. So it all depends on the Korean or Asian company that makes the products, some companies are cheap when making  there products, and some have better quality, it all depends.
A lot of makeup here, including drugstore, is made in the USA. I'm big on looking at where something comes from (a New Years resolution a couple years ago to be an informed consumer and buy more American); this is why I stay out of Bath and Body Works, because they never label where there stuff is made. Too faced, UD, Loreal, Maybelline, etc all make products here. Even cheap brands, like NYC have many of their cosmetics made on US soil. I generally will not buy from an American brand, cosmetics wise (except tools), if it either doesn't label or if that product wasn't made in the US and trust me, I have a lot of selection. To be fair though, I've never bought anything from Mac so I don't know where it comes from.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I agree with your statements.

This is all cultural - since Asian women are more into skincare, there's a much higher competition between the brands, so they spend a lot of money on product development. Makeup? Not so much. Which is also the reason why US cosmetics are some of the best in the world, because women over here prefer good makeup over good skincare.

I'm going to stick to regular and skincare-focused Memeboxes, that way I'll be getting the best of both worlds :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree that it seems Americans are behind in skincare. Weve been told by the companies to cover up our blemishes and imperfections or wrinkles rather than heal them. Of course thats the outlook of our Pharmaceutical industry too, over medicate the problem rather than cure it.

Im a big fan of the American subscription box Blush /Dermstore which is heavy on skincare but the Blush thread here on MUT is dead.. (frown) It should be as big as Memebox thread but its no where close. Its mainly filled with complaints that its skincare heavy/focused

Quote: Originally Posted by ellesnails /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A lot of makeup here, including drugstore, is made in the USA. I'm big on looking at where something comes from (a New Years resolution a couple years ago to be an informed consumer and buy more American); this is why I stay out of Bath and Body Works, because they never label where there stuff is made. Too faced, UD, Loreal, Maybelline, etc all make products here. Even cheap brands, like NYC have many of their cosmetics made on US soil. I generally will not buy from an American brand, cosmetics wise (except tools), if it either doesn't label or if that product wasn't made in the US and trust me, I have a lot of selection. To be fair though, I've never bought anything from Mac so I don't know where it comes from.
My point is, higher quality items can be made anywhere in the world. Not just Usa.

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree that it seems Americans are behind in skincare. Weve been told by the companies to cover up our blemishes and imperfections or wrinkles rather than heal them. Of course thats the outlook of our Pharmaceutical industry too, over medicate the problem rather than cure it.

Im a big fan of the American subscription box Blush /Dermstore which is heavy on skincare but the Blush thread here on MUT is dead.. (frown) It should be as big as Memebox thread but its no where close. Its mainly filled with complaints that its skincare heavy/focused
I used to subscribe to Dermstore Beauty Fix before it turned into Blush, it was a great box.

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im a big fan of the American subscription box Blush /Dermstore which is heavy on skincare but the thread here on MUT is dead.. (frown) It should be as big as Memebox thread but its no where close. Its mainly filled with complaints that its skincare heavy/focused
Pinkgirlie, I love skincare products. Funny enough, I only checked out Memebox for its Korean and unique skincare lines as I do not wear foundation, cc, bb or anything of the like. When I open my Memeboxes and see anything dealing with those types of makeup my heart sinks a little. I'll be sure to check out the Blush/Dermstore subscription box. Thanks for sharing.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I used to subscribe to Dermstore Beauty Fix before it turned into Blush, it was a great box.

I had them since Sept 2013 and one of my boxes was over 260 retail. I guess some USA brands have crazy markup retail suggested price, lol. But I had lots of fun with it for only 25 dollars, Most boxes though hover around or above the 100 dollar value range and still a steal at only 25 dollars. One of my boxes was over four pounds. Theres just very little forum or chatting or reviews cause of the heavy skincare and less makeup offerings, no one talks about it. Ive been depressed cause of the lack of interest. Its such a baffling mystery to me. hence maybe thats part of their name, Mystery, lol

Had to look up what time it was PST and see how many hours I got cos it's 9:17AM Friday here haha..most likely going to miss out on the 2 points as it'll be over by the time I get home (however, i think they would've got more benefit if they had released a new box as well as the 2 points offer). 

Quote: Originally Posted by YunaKim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Pinkgirlie, I love skincare products. Funny enough, I only checked out Memebox for its Korean and unique skincare lines as I do not wear foundation, cc, bb or anything of the like. When I open my Memeboxes and see anything dealing with those types of makeup my heart sinks a little. I'll be sure to check out the Blush/Dermstore subscription box. Thanks for sharing.
Yuna, Yes ! I think youll like it ! they have many grab bags too thruout the year stuffed with many full sized items and they are only 20 dollars for the grab bag and I got a bauble bar bracelet in one of them. Id look at past box offerings first and see how much youlll like it. or try one of their one time grab bags first.

Not to change subject, though, =)

Back to Meme =) 

Latest posts

Back