Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, great spoilers. I'm kicking myself wherever my feet can reach for missing out on Etude House and The Face Shop. I hope they restock over the next couple of days.

I'm not as excited about Box #8, although I have ordered it (no tracking yet). I bought the full-size MAX Clinic Oil Foam off Wishtrend last year after I received 10 samples in their box already :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I LOVE that cleanser, of course, and have reviewed it, but you only need a small amount so with the bottle from box #8, I will have enough till 2015. I have oily skin but this is amazing on me for getting rid of makeup.

What I am not happy with is that they simply refuse to reply to my emails. I have re-sent all my emails at least four times each and haven't heard a word since last Sunday/Monday, when they emailed once to send a vague answer to my question. Perhaps I should send them my media kit so they can see my pageviews lol.

so glad i love the etude box spoiler thank you ,and box 8 has saved me buying the sleep mask with my points now have an empty basket 
wink.gif
 and i used your photo of box 8 for the girl who got caught on her first box and it as she said is worth the customs charge like we said at the beginning.she has brought lucky box 2 and box11 and the oily skin box .but i told her about this forum and she is now looking at the bundle boxes ,whoops.

Quote: Originally Posted by veritazy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My sentiments exactly. I have nothing against meme, I'm just writing this to calm my horses (gosh, I might succumb to more purchasing). Yes, we do save money by buying these boxes, but do I need them all at once? And products that doesn't suit my skin? 
daz.gif
 Ahh my inner demons.

Also from the beginning those prices on meme's site are so much higher than retail price. Of course it is worth buying some--- the rarer products that are hard to come by (not on ebay etc), and using the memepoints. I do enjoy the thrill of a surprise, and the fact that i'm getting >$50 by paying approx $23, but hey its a luxury only some can afford... Food for thought.
Definitely. I have a few of the earlier boxes and there's some products that I honestly haven't even touched and really just don't care for. But I think the selling point is that there is at least 1 item in the box that just makes up for having a box full of other things we don't care about tbh.

And to add onto that, the Max Clinic Caviar Massage Oil Foam Cleanser is listed with a value of $73 on their card...on eBay I see it going for $26 USD. Where are they pulling these prices from roflmao?
icon_eek.gif
roflmao.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by sharksoul24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I remember reading "You and your bestie will get different boxes" "You might get items from 2,3,4 and she'll get items from boxes 4,5,6" something like that. I can see why it was confusing and everyone expected something different. Specially the people who ordered more than one box.

I still have the screencap for that box.
I personally purchased two Luckyboxes 1 and convinced my sister to buy one because of this statement. When I emailed them about, Memebox sent me a boilerplate-like email with a happy face as if my English-reading abilities was off. LOL! The crazy thing about it some people swear Memebox never made the statement. They did. I was probably one of the first ones to buy it. A few weeks later, they changed the wording. I love Memebox --- but I believe if you made a mistake own up to it/acknowledge it -- it's like it never happened, just saying.

In other news, Memebox 8 looks awesome. Thanks to the person who posted the pictures. As of right now, I am desperately waiting for some spoilers. I'd love to know a spolier for Luckybox 3, Hair and Body box and much more! Come on Memebox! Also, thanks Memebox for the extra 2 points I discovered in my account today!

I personally purchased two Luckyboxes 1 and convinced my sister to buy one because of this statement. When I emailed them about, Memebox sent me a boilerplate-like email with a happy face as if my English-reading abilities was off. LOL! The crazy thing about it some people swear Memebox never made the statement. They did. I was probably one of the first ones to buy it. A few weeks later, they changed the wording. I love Memebox --- but I believe if you made a mistake own up to it/acknowledge it -- it's like it never happened, just saying. In other news, Memebox 8 looks awesome. Thanks to the person who posted the pictures. As of right now, I am desperately waiting for some spoilers. I'd love to know a spolier for Luckybox 3, Hair and Body box and much more! Come on Memebox! Also, thanks Memebox for the extra 2 points I discovered in my account today!
They definitely did make that statement as I bought a second in the restock due to that promise and then cancelled it. The customer service responses are shocking tbh. Got a we are sorry about my sun kill having no seal but no real replacement, which other companies I deal with would do.

Quote: Originally Posted by YunaKim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Also, thanks Memebox for the extra 2 points I discovered in my account today!
Yeah...I just looked and had 2 extra points too. So that, along with the free shipping...god, Memebox is SMART. 

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyJunction /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What I am not happy with is that they simply refuse to reply to my emails. I have re-sent all my emails at least four times each and haven't heard a word since last Sunday/Monday, when they emailed once to send a vague answer to my question. Perhaps I should send them my media kit so they can see my pageviews lol.
Yep, seems like they put an 8 year old behind the computer. (sorry if I seem insensitive) Whats with "we don't do that anymore. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> " and "we will post it up or inform you if we do ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ".

Okay I should stop making meme hate me. I just need a replyyyy~

Quote: Originally Posted by lalal0ve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Definitely. I have a few of the earlier boxes and there's some products that I honestly haven't even touched and really just don't care for. But I think the selling point is that there is at least 1 item in the box that just makes up for having a box full of other things we don't care about tbh.

And to add onto that, the Max Clinic Caviar Massage Oil Foam Cleanser is listed with a value of $73 on their card...on eBay I see it going for $26 USD. Where are they pulling these prices from roflmao?
icon_eek.gif
roflmao.gif

They pulled it from the very depths of Midas's treasure chamber? Maybe I'm just frustrated. It has been a long day. Memebox has put me on this roller coaster ride long enough.. 
eusa_snooty.gif

Since I paid for it willingly, I'll just sit back and enjoy these purchases as much as possible. And maybe pack those I don't use and gift my friends for their birthday/etc. (I can't be bothered to trade/sell...)

Yep, seems like they put an 8 year old behind the computer. (sorry if I seem insensitive) Whats with "we don't do that anymore. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> " and "we will post it up or inform you if we do ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ".

They pulled it from the very depths of Midas's treasure chamber? Maybe I'm just frustrated. It has been a long day. Memebox has put me on this roller coaster ride long enough.. 
eusa_snooty.gif

Since I paid for it willingly, I'll just sit back and enjoy these purchases as much as possible. And maybe pack those I don't use and gift my friends for their birthday/etc. (I can't be bothered to trade/sell...)
Yeah that's the only reason I remember pretty well the description of the first Lucky box! because of the "You and your Bestie"  part !

Quote: Originally Posted by myungsunkim24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yeah...I just looked and had 2 extra points too. So that, along with the free shipping...god, Memebox is SMART. 
Yup, Memebox is feeding our addiction. :) I have to admit: I love extra bonus meme points!

Memebox #8 is wonderful, fantastic, amazing ....

I regret that I bought thefaceshopbox. Cosmetics are cheap and do not like. I can buy them cheaper on ebay

eusa_snooty.gif

Oeer! I bought the Max Clinic oil foam (full size) for $30-ish. Can't remember the exact amount, but definitely below $35. And they shipped it with my previous Wish Box so it wasn't too bad. I definitely did not pay $73 for it!

I don't get how several people are getting replies (not being jealous lol, just wondering how my mails alone are being ignored) promptly while I think some 30 emails of mine need replies.

Quote: Originally Posted by migasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Memebox #8 is wonderful, fantastic, amazing ....

I regret that I bought thefaceshopbox. Cosmetics are cheap and do not like. I can buy them cheaper on ebay
Agreed. The cosmetics included aren't unique or interesting. I've seen swatches of that blush and it is chalky & poorly pigmented. The eyeshadow? It's just brown eyeshadow. BB cream is soooooo hard to shade match without sampling. I hoped for more skincare. Ah well, live & learn. I'm sticking to regular boxes.

Quote: Originally Posted by redangel75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Agreed. The cosmetics included aren't unique or interesting. I've seen swatches of that blush and it is chalky & poorly pigmented. The eyeshadow? It's just brown eyeshadow. BB cream is soooooo hard to shade match without sampling. I hoped for more skincare. Ah well, live & learn. I'm sticking to regular boxes.
me too

I hate to say it but stick to skincare and bodycare. Korean cosmetics aren't as good as the ones we have here.(except for BB creams)

I blew a ton of money buying lots of color cosmetics from Asia over the years and no dice. Total waste. But the SKINCARE IS AMAZING!!!!!

Thanks for the heads-up! I was moping for having missed it lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I hate to say it but stick to skincare and bodycare. Korean cosmetics aren't as good as the ones we have here.(except for BB creams)

I blew a ton of money buying lots of color cosmetics from Asia over the years and no dice. Total waste. But the SKINCARE IS AMAZING!!!!!
Im liking my 9-13 dollar Liole Tint though, much better than a 30 dollar Benefit tint.
 I bought the orange and looking forward to buy the pink and red. It didnt dry out my lips like Benefit does.

Quote: Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree

Latest posts

Back