Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Im liking my 9-13 dollar Liole Tint though, much better than a 30 dollar Benefit tint.
 I bought the orange and looking forward to buy the pink and red. It didnt dry out my lips like Benefit does.
Oh for sure. Some of the cosmetics are great. But overall, skincare is a safer bet if you want high quality high performance stuff.

Quote: Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I hate to say it but stick to skincare and bodycare. Korean cosmetics aren't as good as the ones we have here.(except for BB creams)

I blew a ton of money buying lots of color cosmetics from Asia over the years and no dice. Total waste. But the SKINCARE IS AMAZING!!!!!
I agree with your statements.

This is all cultural - since Asian women are more into skincare, there's a much higher competition between the brands, so they spend a lot of money on product development. Makeup? Not so much. Which is also the reason why US cosmetics are some of the best in the world, because women over here prefer good makeup over good skincare.

I'm going to stick to regular and skincare-focused Memeboxes, that way I'll be getting the best of both worlds :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hate to say it but stick to skincare and bodycare. Korean cosmetics aren't as good as the ones we have here.(except for BB creams)

I blew a ton of money buying lots of color cosmetics from Asia over the years and no dice. Total waste. But the SKINCARE IS AMAZING!!!!!
I hate to disagree. But some Japanese makeup made it to my drugstore holy grail list~
biggrin.gif

Probably because I lived in Asia before and they are easy to come by in shops like Watsons and Sasa. I loved makeup from Kate, Majorlica Majorca and Dolly wink, to name a few. Maybe the Koreans are still improving in this department. But yeah, the kpop industry has lulled us into believing a perfect, beautiful doll-like face is possible. 

Back to meme, this thread is moving at crazy speed. And I'm high.

Quote: Originally Posted by redangel75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Agreed. The cosmetics included aren't unique or interesting. I've seen swatches of that blush and it is chalky & poorly pigmented. The eyeshadow? It's just brown eyeshadow. BB cream is soooooo hard to shade match without sampling. I hoped for more skincare. Ah well, live & learn. I'm sticking to regular boxes.
Crazy but I also only look forward to Memeboxes offering of skincare like cleansers, exfoliaters, serums, essences, moisturizers and other similar goodies. I am intrigued about Korean hair products. On the makeup department, I only like when I receive a lip stain, mascara, eyebrow item or the occasional nail polish. Makeup, in general, has been a miss. These are my preferences.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I agree with your statements.

This is all cultural - since Asian women are more into skincare, there's a much higher competition between the brands, so they spend a lot of money on product development. Makeup? Not so much. Which is also the reason why US cosmetics are some of the best in the world, because women over here prefer good makeup over good skincare.

I'm going to stick to regular and skincare-focused Memeboxes, because that means I'm getting the best of both worlds :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Exactly!!!!!

And their skincare R&D and technologies are so much more advanced than in the States. Or even Europe.

Plus the color choices are too pastel and/or orangey for my tastes. Color cosmetics in the states offer a richer range of colors!

Quote: Originally Posted by veritazy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I hate to disagree. But some Japanese makeup made it to my drugstore holy grail list~
biggrin.gif

Probably because I lived in Asia before and they are easy to come by in shops like Watsons and Sasa. I loved makeup from Kate, Majorlica Majorca and Dolly wink, to name a few. Maybe the Koreans are still improving in this department. But yeah, the kpop industry has lulled us into believing a perfect, beautiful doll-like face is possible. 

Back to meme, this thread is moving at crazy speed. And I'm high.
Glad to hear it.

Again I was just making a generalization, there are for sure exceptions.

And btw, Japan is different than Korea. I too love alot of Japanese beauty brands, both for skincare and color makeup.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jane George /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In love with my Tonymoly stain from box 7.
That is the best stain I've ever used. IMHO, way better than benetint.

Exactly!!!!!

And their skincare R&D and technologies are so much more advanced than in the States. Or even Europe.

Plus the color choices are too pastel and/or orangey for my tastes. Color cosmetics in the states offer a richer range of colors!
Yus, I understand that was just a generalization. *nods*

May I suggest another holy grail brand of mine: 3CE by Stylenanda. Their lip products are fabulous--the lack of a better word. The colors are crazyy pigmented!!! I hauled them from Korea, but I'm almost running out and those online are insanely expensive. 
sadyes.gif

You are right! I love European make-up high end brands and some American as well. It's hard to compare The Face Shop with Chanel but I should rather spend my money on one good lipstick. But Korean skincare is outstanding even if you decide to buy cheaper products.

Quote: Originally Posted by redangel75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That is the best stain I've ever used. IMHO, way better than benetint.
box 7??

Quote: Originally Posted by myungsunkim24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  box 7??
OOps! what box was that from? I bought it on my own so I have no idea.

This one?? I think it's from Box 3 but I really liked it as well!! I did NOT like the orange one we got a few boxes later...especially since mine leaked. And it was bitter.

This one?? I think it's from Box 3 but I really liked it as well!! I did NOT like the orange one we got a few boxes later...especially since mine leaked. And it was bitter.
Yes! I got this from the luckybox1. I love the color when I put it on but unfortunately makes my lips so dry. I think it's just my lips though.

OMG! The two Meme points do expire tonight at midnight. Talk about pressure. I might consider buying something if Memebox releases a juicy spoiler or two before then.

I think I can finally say I will not be buying more. Looking at my stash is telling me to stop and I think I will listen.

Latest posts

Back