Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics!

I have to admit I'm not too excited about TFS box. A lip patch & sheet mask both count as a full size item? mmm ok

^^

Amazing pictures, thank you so much :3 Absolutely cannot wait to get my Etude House and TheFaceShop Superboxes now yasssssssssss :3 My sister told me they already arrived, I just need to go home sometime this weekend and check it out omfg so excited >_<

Quote: Originally Posted by xiaoyue52 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I couldn't figure out how to use the "spoilers" feature I'm sorry!!
omg, thank you so much for posting these! I can't wait to get #8 now, such great value!

No problem at all! I am not Sure what I'll do with so much product now lol and that Psy mask was hilarious!
I remember reading Psy did a collaboration box with Memebox Korea. I think it's great they included that!! Will someone check their DHL tracking for all three boxes and tell me the weight, please? I'm trying to figure out if they shipped me two or all three of my boxes. Thanks

I remember reading Psy did a collaboration box with Memebox Korea. I think it's great they included that!! Will someone check their DHL tracking for all three boxes and tell me the weight, please? I'm trying to figure out if they shipped me two or all three of my boxes. Thanks
4 pounds :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

One of the girls who goes on a Facebook page I'm on has just been caught for uk customs I've told her the box total for box 8 she had 4 more boxes ordered . And I've nicked your photo incase she wants to see it . I don't think they filled in the document right and parcel force want £25 off her. I trying to help her round it for the next lot of boxes. I feel bad she got caught by customs.

Oh yeahhh!! I love all three boxes~ 
wub.gif

I've always wanted to try that BCDation ever since I saw it on ebay. So yay to that. (altho its just sample size)

I don't believe the caviar oil cleanser in #8 is $73??! For all I know there are reputable sellers selling them + shipping from Korea for less than $27. 

To put together a good box is something, but to up the values just to please us (in a sense) is something else...I'll investigate each retail price and compile the true values for myself I guess (I'm nerd like that).  

I complied a list of the Etude House and TheFaceShop Superboxes and it's prices according to the cheapest Buy-It price listed on eBay~

Etude House Superbox

Look At My Eyes Jewel : $7.98 USD

Dear Darling Tint AD : $5.45 USD

Silk Scarf Double Care Hair Mask : $5.48 USD

Play Nail #113 & #114 : $4.94 USD

Secret Beam Highlighter AD : $9.69 USD

Goodbye Pore Ever Pore Primer Essence : $8.29 USD

Like 20 All Day Cream Pact - Early Anti Aging Care : $15.90 USD

Total: $57.73 USD

TheFaceShop Superbox

Lovely ME:EX Lip Tint Stick SPF13 : $12.69 USD

Cherry-Cherry Lips Modeling Gel Patch : $7.16 USD

Clean Face Oil-Free BB Cream : $7.11 USD

Face It Nails Holiday Love Edition : $9.99 USD

Hyaluronic Acid Essential Mask Sheet : $3.45 USD

Lovely ME:EX Pastel Cushion Blusher : $6.25 USD

Rice Ceramide Moisture Cream : $8.99 USD

Lovely ME:EX You & Eyes : $6.29 USD

Total: $61.93 USD

Considering you pay $39.00 USD + $6.99 USD for shipping before using Meme Points and coupon codes, you save $11.74 USD on the Etude House box and $15.94 on TheFaceShop box. If you don't care for receiving a box of random goodies that could potentially contain a majority of products you don't care about, then definitely skip on these boxes and just buy the items seperately on eBay imo :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by lalal0ve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I complied a list of the Etude House and TheFaceShop Superboxes and it's prices according to the cheapest Buy-It price listed on eBay~

Etude House Superbox

Look At My Eyes Jewel : $7.98 USD

Dear Darling Tint AD : $5.45 USD

Silk Scarf Double Care Hair Mask : $5.48 USD

Play Nail #113 & #114 : $4.94 USD

Secret Beam Highlighter AD : $9.69 USD

Goodbye Pore Ever Pore Primer Essence : $8.29 USD

Like 20 All Day Cream Pact - Early Anti Aging Care : $15.90 USD

Total: $57.73 USD

TheFaceShop Superbox

Lovely ME:EX Lip Tint Stick SPF13 : $12.69 USD

Cherry-Cherry Lips Modeling Gel Patch : $7.16 USD

Clean Face Oil-Free BB Cream : $7.11 USD

Face It Nails Holiday Love Edition : $9.99 USD

Hyaluronic Acid Essential Mask Sheet : $3.45 USD

Lovely ME:EX Pastel Cushion Blusher : $6.25 USD

Rice Ceramide Moisture Cream : $8.99 USD

Lovely ME:EX You & Eyes : $6.29 USD

Total: $61.93 USD

Considering you pay $39.00 USD + $6.99 USD for shipping before using Meme Points and coupon codes, you save $11.74 USD on the Etude House box and $15.94 on TheFaceShop box. If you don't care for receiving a box of random goodies that could potentially contain a majority of products you don't care about, then definitely skip on these boxes and just buy the items seperately on eBay imo :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
hmmm

RAWR! What?! How did someone already get Memebox #8?! 

I had my shipping address changed to my NEW address that I move into on April 15th since it stated that it takes 14-22 days to ship and they shipped out 3/25. *grumble grumble*

Quote: Originally Posted by lalal0ve /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My sentiments exactly. I have nothing against meme, I'm just writing this to calm my horses (gosh, I might succumb to more purchasing). Yes, we do save money by buying these boxes, but do I need them all at once? And products that doesn't suit my skin? 
daz.gif
 Ahh my inner demons.

Also from the beginning those prices on meme's site are so much higher than retail price. Of course it is worth buying some--- the rarer products that are hard to come by (not on ebay etc), and using the memepoints. I do enjoy the thrill of a surprise, and the fact that i'm getting >$50 by paying approx $23, but hey its a luxury only some can afford... Food for thought.

Memebox does things a little differently than your typical beauty subscription box.  For one, I love that they (well, previously and hopefully later) ship internationally.  They send well recognized Korean brands (its not like they're sending you Wet n Wild).  Although, that said, Asian drugstore brands so far surpass ours in quality and ingredient percentages that its kind of ridiculous. Memebox presells their boxes.  So you should only be seeing reviews up to #7 since those are the only ones that have been released yet.  Oh, and Luckybox #1, Superbox #1, Superbox #2 and Superbox #3 (right, everyone?). Memeboxes contain full size and deluxe samples.  Superboxes contain full size products only (unless they decide to toss something extra in, then you might get a sample).  I personally prefer sample sizes since I never seem to use up a full size before it gets old and gross.  I haven't gotten any Superboxes.  Just Luckybox #1 and #3 since I missed all the earlier Memeboxes.  And Memebox #10 and #11.   I don't check YouTube much so I dont know about sponsored unboxings but I *do* know that Memebox does post a YouTube unboxing for each box but only AFTER they've mailed it out. As far as I know, there haven't been any repeating products except for the Luckyboxes.  Because that's what a Luckybox is!  Its a box of products that were originally found in previous Memboxes (that are sold out now).  I saw on Twitter where some girl wrote how terrible Memebox because her Luckybox had products she'd already gotten.  Uh.... that's what it is!  It's right in the description :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There was some confusion over the wording of the initial Luckybox where I think many of us were under the impression that there would be several variations of Luckybox #1 (kinda like Birchbox and Ipsy do) but that was not correct and they changed the wording on their website.  I think that was a translation issue. Of course,  I say all that and I haven't even gotten my first box!  I talked to my aunt (who is Asian) and asked her about what she thought of Memebox and when she saw the brands and sorts of things I was getting she got jealous.  She apparently used to fly home to get all her beauty products and then fly back with her stash!  So I know who to give my extras, too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Whoa, I kinda wrote a novel!  Sorry!
Yeah I remember reading "You and your bestie will get different boxes" "You might get items from 2,3,4 and she'll get items from boxes 4,5,6" something like that. I can see why it was confusing and everyone expected something different. Specially the people who ordered more than one box. I still have the screencap for that box.

Latest posts

Back