Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Luxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

MEMEBOX-1931-8L8MH-OGAK That's not working anymore and 2FD44 this isnt working for me anymore either. OUSIX just worked for me, I noticed everytime you input a code, more than once of the same code, it logs it, therefore you have to keep clearing all the codes, and than try again. Its def a glitch.

Hang on, does the same code work twice? Only 2FD44 worked at all for me, the rest didn't work even once. And now 2FD44 won't work anymore, obviously. I cleared my history and manually typed the other two codes again and it still says the codes aren't valid.

Quote: Originally Posted by BeautyJunction /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hang on, does the same code work twice? Only 2FD44 worked at all for me, the rest didn't work even once. And now 2FD44 won't work anymore, obviously. I cleared my history and manually typed the other two codes again and it still says the codes aren't valid.
Yes the 2FD44 stopped working AGAIN for me. Its some glitch, Im trying everything, I know the MEMEBOX -1931 has to work because someone earlier said it didnt, but worked for me at the same time it didnt work for her. Ughhhhhh

Yea thats what Im talking about, you have to clear the code and input it only once I think , there was a sequence I used earlier to get two of the codes working at once, but its not working anymore

There's something wrong with my account alone. I'm wondering if I should try creating a new account and then use the codes, since even clearing history and cookies isn't helping. But then I'll lose the $3 I earned for the hair and body box, and I'd rather have all my orders in one account :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Or maybe I'm just not meant to have SB1 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There's something wrong with my account alone. I'm wondering if I should try creating a new account and then use the codes, since even clearing history and cookies isn't helping. But then I'll lose the $3 I earned for the hair and body box, and I'd rather have all my orders in one account :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Or maybe I'm just not meant to have SB1 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Sorry for that...it worked earlier. That was my friend's referral code. I think memebox figured it out and REMOVED IT! So unfair...another friend of mine did not get to use the $2 code as well. I feel so bad for her now. 
icon_sad.gif

I asked her where she got it from and she sent me this:

I too found this "refer friends" column on my account earlier, but now the whole system is gone. Probably memebox figured they are losing too much money with a huge volume of order with this code suddenly.

I hope many benefit from this earlier!

Quote: Originally Posted by veritazy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Sorry for that...it worked earlier. That was my friend's referral code. I think memebox figured it out and REMOVED IT! So unfair...another friend of mine did not get to use the $2 code as well. I feel so bad for her now. 
icon_sad.gif

I asked her where she got it from and she sent me this:

I too found this "refer friends" column on my account earlier, but now the whole system is gone. Probably memebox figured they are losing too much money with a huge volume of order with this code suddenly.

I hope many benefit from this earlier!
Gosh, thanks for the heads-up. I never knew they had such a thing!

Boo hoo hoooo I wish they'd figured it out AFTER I had saved a few dollars there, like everyone else!
icon_cry.gif

Wow "refer friends and earn commission."

I'm pretty sure I've referred hundreds of people to them since they launched...where's my dang commission? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty sure I've referred hundreds of people to them since they launched...where's my dang commission? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
i was just  gonna say i referred people with my referral name and its pot luck if they get points @MissJexie her account page looks nothing like everyones else's though.i have wish list and email subs in the list she has refer friends. ?. i still think they make some of this up as they go along. jesus wonder how much commission she gets as it has pre installed links and everything, is this page what there bloggers accounts are like then.

Gosh, thanks for the heads-up. I never knew they had such a thing!

Boo hoo hoooo I wish they'd figured it out AFTER I had saved a few dollars there, like everyone else!
icon_cry.gif

Yeah...I know right. I mean, that code is legit, it was in their own site.

Also, my friend showed me her account (she just logged in), she did not benefit from sharing her code at all. No extra points..

If you search around the blogosphere, there are those who posted up similar codes around too. Ask them if they got points from that..

Quote: Originally Posted by Lorna ljblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i was just  gonna say i referred people with my referral name and its pot luck if they get points @MissJexie her account page looks nothing like everyones else's though.i have wish list and email subs in the list she has refer friends. ?. i still think they make some of this up as they go along. jesus wonder how much commission she gets as it has pre installed links and everything, is this page what there bloggers accounts are like then.
I wished I knew about the links earlier too! I don't want to blame my friend because she meant well sharing her code with me. I do agree ppl who gave referral codes should reap certain benefits, but as a blogger myself, I know these companies do send samples and products for review. So I don't see why peoples should get upset with the whole thing. 

no as per usual i never get extra points for sharing codes,so id like to know how they do award them, the hole point of sharing and refering is surely down to points ,they must know as each person has there own unique code,

@veritazy im not upset I'm just confused really ,they have never sent me boxes or samples to review ,i just get a code when someone new joins up and obs uses my name.they get points but i don't. it just seems strange that some get points,some get products,some get boxes, its not levelled out . but I'm glad others used my code like i did and helped save a few pennies,

i don't mind sharing if it helps others.

Also it looks like 2FD44 is working again. If it isn't working for you, shoot memebox an e-mail and let them know. That coupon as well as the OUSIX were coupons given to us bloggers/youtubers to share with our readers. They don't give us any sort of commission for them, which is why I posted it.

For future reference, whoever posted that commission coupon code here, that's against makeuptalk rules. You are not allowed to post any referral links or commission links that will give any one person money/free items etc. I'm kind of annoyed that it was posted to be honest because I just gave money to some random person who definitely did not refer me to memebox.

*grumble*

And @Lorna ljblog it looks like someone said above that they removed the commission/referral program from the site already.

Also it looks like 2FD44 is working again. If it isn't working for you, shoot memebox an e-mail and let them know. That coupon as well as the OUSIX were coupons given to us bloggers/youtubers to share with our readers. They don't give us any sort of commission for them, which is why I posted it.

For future reference, whoever posted that commission coupon code here, that's against makeuptalk rules. You are not allowed to post any referral links or commission links that will give any one person money/free items etc. I'm kind of annoyed that it was posted to be honest because I just gave money to some random person who definitely did not refer me to memebox.

*grumble*

And @Lorna ljblog it looks like someone said above that they removed the commission/referral program from the site already.
thanks i see above now.

agree about referral links but codes are fine ,@renu  i just tried both codes on safari again and both worked so i would email memebox.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lorna ljblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  no as per usual i never get extra points for sharing codes,so id like to know how they do award them, the hole point of sharing and refering is surely down to points ,they must know as each person has there own unique code,

@veritazy im not upset I'm just confused really ,they have never sent me boxes or samples to review ,i just get a code when someone new joins up and obs uses my name.they get points but i don't. it just seems strange that some get points,some get products,some get boxes, its not levelled out . but I'm glad others used my code like i did and helped save a few pennies,

i don't mind sharing if it helps others.

dito.gif
. I wish they sorted out the site and everything else before releasing so many boxes. It is obvious they were more concern about our wallets than out emotional health... I too have not gotten any perks from memebox so far. 

I regret making some people upset with sharing my friend's code before finding out it was a refer friend thing. I was just trying to share a good fortune after successfully using it. 
icon_sad.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by veritazy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

dito.gif
. I wish they sorted out the site and everything else before releasing so many boxes. It is obvious they were more concern about our wallets than out emotional health... I too have not gotten any perks from memebox so far. 

I regret making some people upset with sharing my friend's code before finding out it was a refer friend thing. I was just trying to share a good fortune after successfully using it. 
icon_sad.gif

No worries I wasn't mad at you at all, I know you were just trying to be helpful! I'm just mad that it was a referral code that was posted here against the rules, and I used it. I will only use someone's referral codes if they legitimately referred me. I've been with memebox since box #1, so I can't help but feel irritated that I just gave potential commission to some person that definitely did not refer me.

Basically myself, and other bloggers/youtubers etc, that have affiliate positions with memebox never have received any sort of compensation for spreading the word about memebox. Some of my boxes are sent complimentary in exchange for comprehensive reviews, however I have never received money from them or any sort of referral code. When people e-mail memebox and say "Harlot Beauty referred me," THEY get 5 meme points (now I guess it's $3, I guess they've changed it recently?) but I never received any sort of commission from that.

As @Lorna ljblog said, I have no issue with my readers or anyone from makeuptalk getting the free points and me not getting anything, as I was happy to spread the word of a box I was really excited about, and get people some free points to put toward their boxes in the process. However, when they quietyly release a commission-system and don't inform anyone, and when someones commission code is posted on a forum and it's used repeatedly by people who were NOT referred by that person, it bothers me, a lot.

/rant. It's been a long day and memebox has been giving me more headaches than it's worth lately.

Everyone just please keep in mind for the future that Referral links and commission codes etc are not permitted on Makeuptalk for a good reason! Hope your friend enjoys the bazillion dollars in commission she just made lol
icon_rolleyes.gif
  I think it was personally kind of lame of her to give you that coupon code and not tell you it was a referral link. But ah well.

No worries I wasn't mad at you at all, I know you were just trying to be helpful! I'm just mad that it was a referral code that was posted here against the rules, and I used it. I will only use someone's referral codes if they legitimately referred me. I've been with memebox since box #1, so I can't help but feel irritated that I just gave potential commission to some person that definitely did not refer me. Basically myself, and other bloggers/youtubers etc, that have affiliate positions with memebox never have received any sort of compensation for spreading the word about memebox. Some of my boxes are sent complimentary in exchange for comprehensive reviews, however I have never received money from them or any sort of referral code. When people e-mail memebox and say "Harlot Beauty referred me," THEY get 5 meme points (now I guess it's $3, I guess they've changed it recently?) but I never received any sort of commission from that. As @Lorna ljblog said, I have no issue with my readers or anyone from makeuptalk getting the free points and me not getting anything, as I was happy to spread the word of a box I was really excited about, and get people some free points to put toward their boxes in the process. However, when they quietyly release a commission-system and don't inform anyone, and when someones commission code is posted on a forum and it's used repeatedly by people who were NOT referred by that person, it bothers me, a lot. /rant. It's been a long day and memebox has been giving me more headaches than it's worth lately. Everyone just please keep in mind for the future that Referral links and commission codes etc are not permitted on Makeuptalk for a good reason! Hope your friend enjoys the bazillion dollars in commission she just made lol :icon_roll   I think it was personally kind of lame of her to give you that coupon code and not tell you it was a referral link. But ah well.
Not trying to stir the pot because I can understand how this whole situation was confusing, but I definitely don't think any of us understood that code was a referral code, including the person who shared it initially on MUT, so I don't see a reason to be too upset. Personally, I don't feel slighted or screwed over, and I'm not upset that I accidentally gave someone credit for referring me to a discount, because I wouldn't have been able to use a discount code otherwise. It's not like the original owner of that code was trying to spam it out to the internet for personal profit, they just shared it to a friend who shared it to us. If I were truly worried about due diligence and only giving people credit where credit is due, then I never would have used the code in the first place because it did seem awfully unique/specific. However, if you do feel that slighted, you could email Memebox to cancel the order and re-order with a different referral code (or none at all) - I'm sure they wouldn't want you to feel tricked into using a discount code, etc. Overall, this seems to be a very new program, maybe even just a beta test on their website. Memebox might just be working out the kinks before they actually email people to tell them about the referral program, just like the random 5 promo points that they handed out before actually emailing people. They always release the boxes online before emailing to alert us, too. And when everyone does have access to their referral codes, I see no reason why you can't start earning commission, too. I don't think that Memebox is intentionally trying to screw their bloggers out of commission - rather, they probably have seen the free boxes as compensation for referrals until this point, whether that is what a blogger would deem as fair compensation or not. Yes, it would be nice if they could retroactively credit you for all of the people you have referred, but I doubt they will do that for anyone. If that were the case, some youtubers would be getting 1000s of referrals. What I have learned from my memebox experience is that they are sortof reactionary. They try something, people notice it/comment/complain, and then they adjust, unlike other online business models that are a bit more structured and predictable. I think that this referral issue will get sorted out eventually, and for the time being we all just unknowingly stumbled upon a discount related to that program. It's only frustrating if you let yourself be frustrated by it.

If veritazy's friend did not encourage the use of the code, then it just seems like a big misunderstanding. One that has led to additional clarity on the forum rules. People who object to using the code can ask memebox to remove it from their order, perhaps? Edited to add: Yeah, what Jocedun said :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey y'all, if there's any referral codes floating around in the thread can you report them with the report button please? I won't be warning anyone since it looks like there's been some confusion but I want to clean up the thread for our members' sake 
flowers.gif

I would read through myself but this thread is long and I don't even know what they look like or who posted them.

Latest posts

Back