May 2012 No-Buy Support

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the point! Since people aren't as quick to comment on a fragrance, if I wear one and people do, I KNOW it's a winner (Seriously, first time I wore ANGEL, 11 people commented. That told me that I pretty much NEEDED it. YELLOW DIAMOND got 8 unsolicited compliments, so it was a keeper, too. FLOWERBOMB, only about three people commented, so I'm on the fence with that--I really loved it, so it's still a maybe. All the others I've been wearing? Not even tempted. If it's not amazing enough that people HAVE to say something, it's not worth it, for me LOL)

Ok, I think I'm officially going to break my no buy. I just found out that MAC is discontinuing my favorite tinted lip balm, so I think I'm going to pick one up. If I do get one, I will practice restraint and only get one!

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, I think I'm officially going to break my no buy. I just found out that MAC is discontinuing my favorite tinted lip balm, so I think I'm going to pick one up. If I do get one, I will practice restraint and only get one!
Have it be the one item your husband buys for you! 

i broke my nail polish no-buy :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I went to Ross during lunch and they had Essie and The Color Club there... I'm disappointed, but secretly kinda happy that I found the same exact Essie color that I've been eying for 3.49 instead of 8.

Ouch...and I was planning on going into Ross this evening. Gonna steer clear, I think. Bad enough that I will be in B&BW and Ulta (and have already been to CVS, but I shall share my shame later LOL)

I kind of want this bag:

It's pretty cheap ($28) and I'd like a new purse.. have some birthday money left, but.. ... ... the sane part of me says No since everything is on my no-buy.

That is an awesome bag!! I'm a sucker for things will little animals all over them. 

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I kind of want this bag:

It's pretty cheap ($28) and I'd like a new purse.. have some birthday money left, but.. ... ... the sane part of me says No since everything is on my no-buy.

Ok, so...didn't go to B&BW but that's not as bad of a triggery place as where I DID go today. However, I'm proud of the fact that I didn't spend MUCH, and only got things that I KNOW for a FACT I will use and have been wanting to try. Remember I said I had some freebie coupons that I needed to use? Yeah, so at CVS, I got a free cucumber body wash but since I feel bad when I get something free and don't buy ANYthing, I bought the travel size of the argan oil shampoo/conditioner (which I've been wanting to try). Then, since I didn't know B&BW closes at 8, I couldn't go there, but Ulta was still open so I cashed in my rewards certificate for a Nicole by OPI silver metallic crackle. I also bought the SMALL size of the satsuma/clementine Body Shop body butter that I've been wanting (and, yep, as much as I love it, I can't use it if I'm wearing perfume at ALL, because the scent is so wonderfully strong) and the one semi-impulse buy: Orly MYSTERIOUS CURSE. What's interesting is that I immediately put it on and I'm not so sure that I like it. I wonder if it's because the color really is bunk or if it's because I'm annoyed at myself for getting it?

So, all told, my "being bad" was less than $20 and I really did contain myself pretty well, I think......and now, even though I'll be in B&BW tomorrow, I am not too concerned about triggering myself. Because of my thing about always buying something when I get a freebie, I will make sure that it is either one of the small candles (I LOVE scented candles) or something small that I KNOW I will use. And then...it's back on the wagon for me!

I don't know why, but I just ordered Eco Emi's bonus box. Hmm.
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know why, but I just ordered Eco Emi's bonus box. Hmm.
icon_redface.gif
I was SOCLOSE to doing the same thing, but managed to resist!

I think I'm going to put my BB points (once I get my discount code for the 9 months, that is) on the Supergoop set. I spent a little time out at the apartment's pool today, not that long, and when I came back I was a teensy bit red. Gotta protect that pasty white skin!

Today I was good. I went to Belk to pick up one of the tinted lip conditioners that are being discontinued, and I'm pleased to say that it is the ONLY thing my husband got me. 

Day One (Wednesday) is over and done.

And today (Thursday) is also Day One of me not smoking.

I went to cvs yesterday to buy some headphones and while  I quickly checked maybelline for their new bb cream (bad), i only bought headphones. yay me.

Back on day one for me. I did make it 24 days, which is the longest I've ever gone without buying any kind of makeup. I bought two items from the Hey, Sailor! collection. Funny, I don't really feel bad about it at all. I've used up a ton of stuff this month, and I haven't purchased any new body products, and those were the ones that are really cluttering up my bathroom cabinets. So, I guess I'm not too worried about it. Minor slip up, but nothing major. Time to get back on track!

You are all doing so good. I'm back on day 2. Couldn't resist beauty.com friends & family sale. I got 2 orly polishes & 4 sue devitt eyeliners. I couldn't pick a favorite so of course I had to buy all the colors I liked.

In my defense, it is very hard to resist when your in bed all day w/ 2 lap tops right next to me. I try to keep myself busy but I get very bored. And I like makeup :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Your not smoking too? Best of luck to you. That must be hard. I'm dieting & I feel so deprived. Probably why I caved

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Day One (Wednesday) is over and done.

And today (Thursday) is also Day One of me not smoking.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your not smoking too? Best of luck to you. That must be hard. I'm dieting & I feel so deprived. Probably why I caved
Well, today is Day One of not smoking, and Day Two of not having bought anything beauty-related. The diet will come along in another month or so. It's funny...as much as I want a cigarette, I'm just ready to NOT smoke, finally. Maybe quitting will help my migraines, who knows? (Fear of the physical withdrawal is part of why it's taken me this long to quit--I've been mentally read for over a month)

I got half way through cleaning out my closet. I'm donating 2 bags of clothing to my sister & her daughter, and 1 to my sister-in-law based on their styles. I used up the little Fresh sugar treatment that I got in the birthday duo from Sephora. I've got about 1-2 more showers of Bliss lemon & sage soapy suds left too, so even though I've bought more than I should have, I'm making progress on getting rid of stuff. Though whenever it gets in stock online, I'm going to buy a Fresh on the go kit that has the lip treatment, a perfume, body cream and a little case. It's in stock at the nearest Sephora, but I hate going there. The parking sucks and it always feels like 9000 degrees in the store.

Latest posts

Back