May 2012 No-Buy Support

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need in this forum...Well, I just made up my mind after blowing some money and I'm starting my no buy for the rest of this month and into next month. Done with the shopping. Hi fellow beauty junkies!

Interesting, but not enticing in the least. Probably because I've been burned by mystery boxes a lot before, plus, I just dropped a decent chunk of money on the hey, sailor! collection. I got a ton of stuff, and used gift cards for most of it. 

Can you believe I still had MAC gift cards from September? I found them in the bottom of a drawer when I was clearing out my scarf collection. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I shouldn't show you, lol.

this one: http://www.beautybar.com/subcat=Face-5227/Brand=BeautyBar-dot-com

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting, but not enticing in the least. Probably because I've been burned by mystery boxes a lot before, plus, I just dropped a decent chunk of money on the hey, sailor! collection. I got a ton of stuff, and used gift cards for most of it. 

Can you believe I still had MAC gift cards from September? I found them in the bottom of a drawer when I was clearing out my scarf collection. 
omg that is crazy. Lucky find though! hahaha. No one ever buys me giftcards. Sad life I lead, hahah. 

I was so excited! I went back and ordered more stuff after I found those. I couldn't believe that I hadn't used them yet. 

All the gifts my family gives are giftcards. We aren't very creative lol. 

omg that is crazy. Lucky find though! hahaha. No one ever buys me giftcards. Sad life I lead, hahah. 

I was going to cave & buy both mystery boxes but they are sold out. I'm glad. I went back & re read the email & it reads that it applies to items sold in the skin and body sun care categories of beauty bar. So no makeup? I would have been sad.

Day 6. I still feel like caving.

Stay strong Jenna

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was going to cave & buy both mystery boxes but they are sold out. I'm glad. I went back & re read the email & it reads that it applies to items sold in the skin and body sun care categories of beauty bar. So no makeup? I would have been sad.

Day 6. I still feel like caving.

Stay strong Jenna
I'm doing well so far! since April 30th I've only bought one item, and since I'm on a "low buy" not a no buy, I'm doing amazing! Better than my no buy months, actually. Every time I go to order something I remind myself how many similar items I have to it, and that I should use those first. It definitely helps. I can only where one foundation at a time, so why do I need ANOTHER type when I've already got 5 that  I like? 

"Conscious spending" is working well for me, too, Jenna. I'm only counting days since a purchase, just as if I were on a no-buy, but I'm not beating myself up on the CONSCIOUS purchases. And, yes, Souly, I feel like caving, too. SO many things are tempty.....but I keep telling myself they will still be there, and there will always be a BETTER sale....yada yada.

And that conscious purchasing...Today, I got some very awful news (those of you who have me on FB already know) and as a result, I wanted retail therapy. So, two of those Revlon Balm Stains, another set of Tweezerman, and an ELF cream blush later....

The Balm Stains and Tweezerman were items I had BEEN planning to get anyway. The ELF was a total impulse.

It's ok! That's still a very small purchase. And if it makes you feel better at a rough time...well there are worse coping mechanisms. 

Every time I've been tempted to buy for the last week, I've made myself go an extra 5 minutes on the elliptical, lol. Good for my second chin and my wallet. 

It's ok! That's still a very small purchase. And if it makes you feel better at a rough time...well there are worse coping mechanisms. 

Every time I've been tempted to buy for the last week, I've made myself go an extra 5 minutes on the elliptical, lol. Good for my second chin and my wallet. 
Nice work, kiddo!

And, yeah, I'm REALLY glad my old man is gonna be in town tonight, even if it's just to crash and drive out in the morning, you know? I HATE death. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

That. Is. Brilliant. I need to just pop in a workout video every time I get tempted or put items into my cart on Sephora. I would be so skinny so friggin' fast. 

I'm sorry about the bad news! Retail therapy isn't always a bad thing. Hope you're feelin' better. 

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And that conscious purchasing...Today, I got some very awful news (those of you who have me on FB already know) and as a result, I wanted retail therapy. So, two of those Revlon Balm Stains, another set of Tweezerman, and an ELF cream blush later....

The Balm Stains and Tweezerman were items I had BEEN planning to get anyway. The ELF was a total impulse.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That. Is. Brilliant. I need to just pop in a workout video every time I get tempted or put items into my cart on Sephora. I would be so skinny so friggin' fast. 
Right? I always reward myself with a swim though, no matter how bad I've been with shopping because the only reason I can do cardio is I know a swim is coming after lol.

Nice work, kiddo!

And, yeah, I'm REALLY glad my old man is gonna be in town tonight, even if it's just to crash and drive out in the morning, you know? I HATE death. Hate it, hate it, hate it.
Its so hard to deal with, especially when it's someone young and didn't have to happen. I'm glad he is there with you too. 

Its so hard to deal with, especially when it's someone young and didn't have to happen. I'm glad he is there with you too. 
Oh, he ain't here YET. He just left California two hours ago. LOL 

And like I said, he's only here overnight (doing a run to Alabama).

Thanks for the kind words, though. AJ was a very special (if completely nuts) guy. It's really been painful seeing how many of the musician friends we have are absolutely gutted by his suicide.

I wish it would stop raining here because I would LOVE to just jump in the pool after I'm done working out. Stupid, stupid rain. 

Right? I always reward myself with a swim though, no matter how bad I've been with shopping because the only reason I can do cardio is I know a swim is coming after lol.

That is disgusting, lol. I think it's about 80 here? Send some heat my way, and I'll send some rain yours!!

I wish it WOULD rain here. It hit 110 today! And it's not even JUNE!

What's really disgusting is that it says it's 98F right now.. at 8:44pm. So it's probably actually 100F.

I'm trying to use up some of my hoard. I did the Amika hair mask from April's BB. Nothing too special. I'm pretty much out of  my 16 oz lemon/sage soapy suds. I used some of my Lush cupcake mask too. I have an old one that's in my fridge that I believe is too old now, it's not juicy enough to apply. My little 2 oz spongey nail polish remover thing is almost out too. Woo.

102 in Tempe at 9PM.

This summer's gonna suck....

Good time to use up any kind of refreshing spritzy toner stuff!

Latest posts

Back