May 2012 No-Buy Support

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ughh what is wrong with me, I want to order something from birchbox using my points so bad. Obviously its not about the money, but what the heck could I possibly need? And where will I put it?? 

I'm not going to but I'm really feeling weak right about now. 

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I kind of want this bag:

It's pretty cheap ($28) and I'd like a new purse.. have some birthday money left, but.. ... ... the sane part of me says No since everything is on my no-buy.
I've decided that if I still want this in 30 days, and if it's still in-stock, I'm going to get it. But no sooner than that.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ughh what is wrong with me, I want to order something from birchbox using my points so bad. Obviously its not about the money, but what the heck could I possibly need? And where will I put it?? 

I'm not going to but I'm really feeling weak right about now. 

We share the same feelings!

I received an email that they give me 20% discount for my 6th month membership and I have some points that could use too. I am on the website and I cant think of anything to buy! I thought of getting something for my husband but he is a low maintenance guy.

I think I will pass and collect the point before the year ends so I could buy gifts for my sister-in-laws. I got to pass on F&F discounts.

I got half way through cleaning out my closet. I'm donating 2 bags of clothing to my sister & her daughter, and 1 to my sister-in-law based on their styles. I used up the little Fresh sugar treatment that I got in the birthday duo from Sephora. I've got about 1-2 more showers of Bliss lemon & sage soapy suds left too, so even though I've bought more than I should have, I'm making progress on getting rid of stuff. Though whenever it gets in stock online, I'm going to buy a Fresh on the go kit that has the lip treatment, a perfume, body cream and a little case. It's in stock at the nearest Sephora, but I hate going there. The parking sucks and it always feels like 9000 degrees in the store.
I LOVE the sugar treatment. Why is it soooo expensive?

My little tube is almost gone
icon_sad.gif

Yay yay yay! Good job! It feels really satisfying getting rid of stuff. 

I've gotten rid of tons of little bottles of stuff that were cluttering everything up. Two weeks of May left! I bet we can all get more stuff out the door. I fell off the wagon today, but it's time to get back on. Tomorrow is another day, and it's the start of another go at it. I made it 25 days! Much better than the last time. 

Still, got a long way to go as far as using up stuff goes. I've been thinking of where I can hide all of my beauty stuff when family comes to visit at the end of June. Isn't that pathetic? 

I got half way through cleaning out my closet. I'm donating 2 bags of clothing to my sister & her daughter, and 1 to my sister-in-law based on their styles. I used up the little Fresh sugar treatment that I got in the birthday duo from Sephora. I've got about 1-2 more showers of Bliss lemon & sage soapy suds left too, so even though I've bought more than I should have, I'm making progress on getting rid of stuff. Though whenever it gets in stock online, I'm going to buy a Fresh on the go kit that has the lip treatment, a perfume, body cream and a little case. It's in stock at the nearest Sephora, but I hate going there. The parking sucks and it always feels like 9000 degrees in the store.

25 days is awesome! I made it 23 days before but its been awhile.

I would be mortified if my family saw my hoard. Hide it under the bed!

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay yay yay! Good job! It feels really satisfying getting rid of stuff. 

I've gotten rid of tons of little bottles of stuff that were cluttering everything up. Two weeks of May left! I bet we can all get more stuff out the door. I fell off the wagon today, but it's time to get back on. Tomorrow is another day, and it's the start of another go at it. I made it 25 days! Much better than the last time. 

Still, got a long way to go as far as using up stuff goes. I've been thinking of where I can hide all of my beauty stuff when family comes to visit at the end of June. Isn't that pathetic? 

Good idea!! I think I'm going to leave out a few choice items so it looks "normal", but the rest will be moved into the bedroom. I've gotten comments from my mom about my stash before, and it's grown a lot since then! Gotta hide everything to avoid more judgement lol. 

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

25 days is awesome! I made it 23 days before but its been awhile.

I would be mortified if my family saw my hoard. Hide it under the bed!

You must go to the one in Scottsdale. The one at Chandler isn't too bad.

Oh, and Day Two is down, as well as Day One of what turned out to be reduced smoking. Hey, as a two-pack-a-day gal, only smoking HALF a pack sounds pretty good right now! 

I did fill one bag with "leftovers", still not entirely done. Seems like every time that I start sorting, I find new little stashes stuck somewhere. So this is the first bag goin' OUT OUT OUT (I took some of these items and already made a goodie bag for my "niece", since she's having a rough time right now. Most of this will be poked through by my other friends, and what's left shall go to the shelter)

Didn't buy anything beauty/fashion/etc since I last posted, not even the new foundation (though I do really need it now, I used up the sample and used my EL double wear today and my skin's already peeling off). I need to buy a good everyday sunscreen too, since I'm using retin-A. UGH!

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You must go to the one in Scottsdale. The one at Chandler isn't too bad.
Yep. It's Scottsdale Fashion Square is like 5 minutes away. I'm directionally challenged though so trips to Chandler always end up with me lost for 5-10 minutes before finding the destination (Nordstrom Rack). There's a new Sephora in north Scottsdale that I haven't checked out yet.

I went to Walmart to get some cheap flip flops today, since my favorite sandals broke and my wedges kill my right foot after walking in them all day. I also picked up some flirt nail bling since it was on sale for $1.87. They're kind of short though. The Julep ones I got a while back were so long and huge that I thought these would work, but they might be too short. I should note that I have long/skinny nail beds and the short ones look like a better fit.

Oh Lord, I HATE Scottsdale Fashion Square. I've gotten less squicked out about going to Chandler Fashion Center, but I do usually go to Chandler Village (Nord Rack, TJ Maxx, Ross, Ulta)

I didn't do well on the smoking today, but....Didn't buy any beauty stuffs. Yay me!

I went to Big Lots this morning and I found a TON of Philosophy makeup there. I'm pleased to say I didn't buy a drop of it. It was all really nice stuff, but I just didn't want any of it badly enough to justify getting it. I also didn't sign up for the free fitbox thing that I saw being discussed. I guess I am really kinda sick of having stuff that I don't absolutely love. 

Have to admit...as soon as I read your post, I was thinking how I could get hubby to go to big lots. You did so good! I didn't sign up for the fitness box either but I was tempted. I have to actually do this no buy thing - money is going to be tighter than usual. Day 4.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went to Big Lots this morning and I found a TON of Philosophy makeup there. I'm pleased to say I didn't buy a drop of it. It was all really nice stuff, but I just didn't want any of it badly enough to justify getting it. I also didn't sign up for the free fitbox thing that I saw being discussed. I guess I am really kinda sick of having stuff that I don't absolutely love. 

I think a big part of why I didn't get them is not only was I kinda meh/on the fence about them, but every box and compact had been opened! I found several that had not been swatched, but everything had clearly been opened. I dunno...just kind of bothers me, imagining people breathing all over them. Blegh.

Day 4! Go you!

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have to admit...as soon as I read your post, I was thinking how I could get hubby to go to big lots. You did so good! I didn't sign up for the fitness box either but I was tempted. I have to actually do this no buy thing - money is going to be tighter than usual. Day 4.

Day Four over and done, even though I had a REALLY crappy day and was SO VERY tempted to go to Walmart to see if they had those Revlon chubby sticks yet. But, I didn't.

Let's not discuss the not smoking, k? That's NOT going too well right now. I've decided that I'm going to make a doctor's appointment and try some medical assistance with breaking THIS addiction.

Today, I went to Target, TJ Maxx, and Walmart and didn't do any impulse buys. Walked out of Target and TJ Maxx (both different ones than I usually go to) without even perusing the clothing.

I also went to REI to return some things (2 pairs of shorts for me, 1 for BF) that I haven't even taken the tags off in the year I've owned them (REI's return policy is the best). With the money from that, I bought some new hiking pants (needed) and a fleece hoodie for when I go to the coast this summer & also during the winter even though it's only cold enough for fleece for maybe a week in AZ. I still have a little chunk of change in the form of a store credit.

I went to Best Buy because I had a $20 reward certificate. I got 3 CDs (you know, those little circular disc thingies that play music) for my BF and ended up paying $2. Score.

I went to the 99 cent only store & dollar tree and didn't buy any nail polish or do-dads. I did buy a bunch of candy though since 99CO sells Toblerone.

AND also, CVS where they told me one of my prescriptions wasn't covered in the amount I take it (WTF) so I didn't get that one since I've got enough to tide me over until I can get ahold of my doc.. and I didn't even LOOK at any of the aisles. I usually lurk in the beauty/junk food aisles for a while but not today.

Day Five down!

And I did well on the smoking (half a pack, instead of the usual two)

I'm getting there. Once I've gotten a week under my belt, I'll feel confident again about sticking with things. And, NO, June is NOT gonna be a "reduced" buy. Birthday month, after all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

(I'm seriously craving those Revlon Lip Pencils right now, plus some genuine BB Cream. But I can hold off, right? YES, I CAN!)

Tempted by the beauty bar mystery box but able to restrain myself like I've learned to do with beauty boxes. If I'm REALLY dying to spend money, shouldn't I spend it on something in a color I actually want? 

Latest posts

Back