LBB Start to Finish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This bag closed at $837! Soooocited to get it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Holy cow girl!! How did you have time to eat or sleep during the last week?  I am very jealous.

This bag closed at $837! Soooocited to get it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am really curious how they are going to ship this to you? Multiple boxes? Will Dan drop it off himself to save on shipping?

Finally closed! A grand total of 614 :> I started with six items gifted to me by a friend: Jessica Simpson Snake Print Bangle; Michael Marcus Trashy Cake Eyeliner; BCBGeneration Pink & Crystal Drop Earrings; Lydell NYC Pearl Cluster Earrings; Kenneth Jay Lane Beaded Drop Earrings; MMS Design Striped Canvas Clutch; and Redken Forceful 23 Hairspray.

Originally Posted by Shooby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am really curious how they are going to ship this to you? Multiple boxes? Will Dan drop it off himself to save on shipping?
LOL that would be pretty awesome. 

Originally Posted by PaulaG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Holy cow girl!! How did you have time to eat or sleep during the last week?  I am very jealous.
No. When my bag closed last night, I looked up from my laptop, blinked a few times, took a deep breath and pet my dog for the first time in 7 days. I kid, I kid. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

tht is incredible. o_O how did you???? lol. Is that 19 items??
Yep @ 19. There was one night where I accepted three different two-item offers within a 5 minute time span lol. And I split up my bow bag for two items, and later got the lock and key bag which gave me a really good 3-item trade.

Hi gals. I didn't have any crazy $837 haul, but I'm still pretty pleased with my bag. I did run out of time this afternoon with holiday conflicts, so I suspect I may have a couple of returns, but that's okay--more fuel for a future bag, right? 

I had a couple of small jewelry returns in this bag. Opening bag included:

• Grey Mellie Blanco Flap Over Bag
  • Turquoise Juko Spike Bracelet
  • Betsy Johnson Bug Ring
  • Kenneth Cole Cherry Drop Earrings

Ending bag: 

Yep @ 19. There was one night where I accepted three different two-item offers within a 5 minute time span lol. And I split up my bow bag for two items, and later got the lock and key bag which gave me a really good 3-item trade.
I don't know how you managed 19 items.  I have 9 right now and feel like I am about to collapse from exhaustion (plus I am tired of putting in trades) LOL  I am ready to just trade down a few items to get things I like more and go ahead and ship.  I still have 4 days of trading left and I just don't think I have it in me to keep going.

Originally Posted by camillealise /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I started with 1.Pink Bow bag 2. Betsey Yellow and Green Bangles 3. 16 dollar ATR oval earrings 
Oooh - love! Please post pics of the bow satchel & the leaf necklace!

Originally Posted by Honicakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know how you managed 19 items.  I have 9 right now and feel like I am about to collapse from exhaustion (plus I am tired of putting in trades) LOL  I am ready to just trade down a few items to get things I like more and go ahead and ship.  I still have 4 days of trading left and I just don't think I have it in me to keep going.
It was stressing me out, honestly. You should keep your bag open! Even if you don't want to put in offers, you can always wait to see if a good offer comes along before you close. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Honicakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was stressing me out, honestly. You should keep your bag open! Even if you don't want to put in offers, you can always wait to see if a good offer comes along before you close. 

I still claim witchcraft!!! lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I forget what I started with- is there a way to go back and see?  I had some exchange credits, though.  This is what I ended with.  I am pretty excited!

Originally Posted by Jacinta /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I forget what I started with- is there a way to go back and see?  I had some exchange credits, though.  This is what I ended with.  I am pretty excited!

You goooo guuurrrrl! You even scored the Butter London!! And what a pretty collage! I still can't figure out how to screenshot my final stuffs. All the tutorials say to hit 'printscreen' but when I do that nothing happens. 

I just closed my bag and I feel soooo relieved! LBB is super fun but still- my house was so messy for the past week.

I started with the Melie Bianco Lock & Key when it was super hot, plus 2 other items that I don't remember at all. I finished with:

-Berry Melie Bianco Bag
-Nila Anthony Black snake embossed crossbody

-Deux Lux sparkle baby cosmetics bag

-Eyelash curler (SCORE! Totally needed one)

-Fydelity Maniac Bag

-They're Real mascara

I am definitely learning a lot about trading- this is my biggest and best haul ever. This is a result of 2 days of major work offering trades, checking offers, etc. The next 4 days were very absentee because I decided that my family doesn't deserve to be neglected for my LBB. On the last day I fixed it up a little and then I shipped. But I see now that a committed 7-day trader can really work wonders. Do you think we'll put them out of business if we get too good at this? I hope not. 

I think regardless of who has what value at shipping, they are only putting out 3 items for every 50 bucks paid into the trading pool. So we aren't taking more from the company, just other traders.

Originally Posted by lunadust /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think regardless of who has what value at shipping, they are only putting out 3 items for every 50 bucks paid into the trading pool. So we aren't taking more from the company, just other traders.
Right. If there are 2 traders on the site, each with 5 items in their bag, it doesn't matter who ships with 2 items and who ships with 8 items, as long as 10 items stay in circulation they make money. But the problem lies with people who cancel. Their items become circulated into the gallery and the company receives no money for them. Looking at it from a business perspective, I think they need to ax their cancellation policy or drastically redefine it. 

Latest posts

Back