Urban Decay NAKED 3 palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by liabear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone know when Naked 3 is supposed to launch in-store at Sephora?

@liabear - today.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think someone wanted N3 vs. Unzipped vs. Nude Tude comparisons?

I apologize for the quality and lighting -- I'll grab my DSLR after work.

The maybe-close ones might be N3 Dust vs. NT Stand-offish, but Dust is quite a bit pinker, and Maybe N3 Nooner vs. Unzipped Unconditional. If you want any specific comparisons, LMK and I can do swatches, but I think N3 is sufficiently different from Unzipped and NT, just as they are from each other.

On the other hand, I need no more neutral palettes. The fact that the three nude palettes I got were all questionably close to each other probably says something about my taste in nudes XD
Thanks!  I have Unzipped and I think I was looking for a reason to skip Naked 3 without lusting after it.  I had Nude Tude, which is great, but I gave it away since there is no way I am going through all of my "nude/naked" shadows before they get too old.  I am trying to apply that same willpower and logic to Naked 3.  I know Naked 3 and Unzipped are in no way close to being dupes, but I figure that, since they have the same sort of pink/gold vibe, I could do without another palette.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@liabear - today.
Oh cool, thanks! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Bethesda1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thanks!  I have Unzipped and I think I was looking for a reason to skip Naked 3 without lusting after it.  I had Nude Tude, which is great, but I gave it away since there is no way I am going through all of my "nude/naked" shadows before they get too old.  I am trying to apply that same willpower and logic to Naked 3.  I know Naked 3 and Unzipped are in no way close to being dupes, but I figure that, since they have the same sort of pink/gold vibe, I could do without another palette.
Yeah, I kind of wish I didn't get Nude Tude, but it was a good learning lesson and I'm happy to have it. The major problem with NT is that most of it is so overwhelmingly dark and I don't need that many darks if I'm truly going for a nude look. Between Unzipped and N3, I'd still get Unzipped. It feels a lot better balanced -- especially after some ladies swatched it here, N3 does seem kind of on the lighter end.

I'm happy to be having all 3, but when it comes to rebuying, I'll probably only grab unzipped. Not that it means I can't enjoy all of them for now.

I got my Naked 3 today and so far it looks gorgeous on my skintone! I'm a NC20 in MAC, 22 Beige Rose in CHANEL, 105 Perfect Ginger in Givenchy, and 3.5 in YSL.

I just got an email from Sephora and it states NAKED3 will be in store TOMORROW (December 12). I could have sworn when they first launched it on their site last Friday it was stated it'd be in stores on the 11th.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just got an email from Sephora and it states NAKED3 will be in store TOMORROW (December 12). I could have sworn when they first launched it on their site last Friday it was stated it'd be in stores on the 11th.
I know it is in select stores today.  My local SinJCP is having a launch party tonight at 9:01.

Many of them are going to start selling it a few hours before they close tonight. Sneaky sneaky!!!

Has anyone here who has tried the Naked 3 palette also tried the LORAC Unzipped palette? I was playing with my Unzipped palette today and I feel like a lot of the colors in it swatch similarly to the swatch photos I have seen of Naked 3.  Help! Lol, I am trying to decide if I want to get it or not and a major deciding factor is whether or not I already have similar shades.

Quote: Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my Naked 3 palette and my Blitz bag in the mail today.  I put it in my husband's office, unopened, so he can wrap it for Christmas.  It's two rooms away from me and I want it noooow. 
I'm in the same boat...but I've had mine sitting in the house since before Thanksgiving!  I bought 2...one for me and one for my teen daughter for Christmas (which means I have to wait to get mine as a Christmas present too.  I did open ours though...I wanted to make sure they were both undamaged.  I wouldn't want my daughter to excitedly open hers up Christmas morning only to find it busted up or defective.  They were both ok.  Phew!  I repacked them and haven't touched them since, but its sooooo hard! lol

Well, Sephora.com now lists Naked 3 as 'permanently out of stock'. Hmmm, wonder what that really means? I doubt it's really permanent.

I am excited I got mine while they still had them, considering I wanted to wait until January! And I receive my palette tomorrow after work, YAY!!!!

Haha, I know I'm going to be afraid to start playing, so I might have to stop by Ulta and do some swatching on the tester there. Mwahhhahaa!!!

I think the first Naked is a little too dark for pale skinned ladies, unless you like your eyeshadow on the dark side. There are great colors in it, and some of them are light, but most of them are medium to dark. Naked 2 has a bit more variety. I love Naked 3 best, because the rosey colors look best on me, and I need my colors to be mostly light and mid-tones, with only a few darks. It really bothers me to be hitting pan in three shadows, and barely touching the rest, in a palette. I also like that it is almost entirely glitter-free. I can't pull off the glitter, usually. It gets all over my face, and makes me look like I have been up all night partying. I put the light colors all over the lid, and use a medium for the crease. I only use the darker colors a little bit. I talked to a sales person at Ulta once, who had pretty medium tanned skin. She loved original Naked best, and a color she pointed out as her go-to lid color, was a color that is too dark for me to use as a crease color. lol But it seems to be popular with a lot of people. If you wear pinks well, then go Naked 3! If you'd rather have a variety, I'd say, Naked 2. Just my two cents. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Very helpful! I don't own any Naked palettes, but I have been pondering where to start. Thank you!

I've been playing with my Naked 3 today and noticed something off. For those who also have N3, does Dust feel a bit...chunky to you? Like MAC Pigment kind of chunky. And that it doesn't apply evenly or stick very well.

I've been playing with my Naked 3 today and noticed something off. For those who also have N3, does Dust feel a bit...chunky to you? Like MAC Pigment kind of chunky. And that it doesn't apply evenly or stick very well.
Mine still hasn't arrived. Le cry! But I have read on several blogs that people are experiencing that with Dust. Seems UD really rushed this palette, actually.

Quote: Originally Posted by ddalgi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine still hasn't arrived. Le cry! But I have read on several blogs that people are experiencing that with Dust. Seems UD really rushed this palette, actually.
I see. I'm not the only one. The other colors are very nice and I love each one, but Dust is just bad. 

Quote:Originally Posted by azalea97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in the same boat...but I've had mine sitting in the house since before Thanksgiving!  I bought 2...one for me and one for my teen daughter for Christmas (which means I have to wait to get mine as a Christmas present too.  I did open ours though...I wanted to make sure they were both undamaged.  I wouldn't want my daughter to excitedly open hers up Christmas morning only to find it busted up or defective.  They were both ok.  Phew!  I repacked them and haven't touched them since, but its sooooo hard! lol

Don't tempt me! :) Good job waiting so long!

Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well, Sephora.com now lists Naked 3 as 'permanently out of stock'. Hmmm, wonder what that really means? I doubt it's really permanent.

I am excited I got mine while they still had them, considering I wanted to wait until January! And I receive my palette tomorrow after work, YAY!!!!

Haha, I know I'm going to be afraid to start playing, so I might have to stop by Ulta and do some swatching on the tester there. Mwahhhahaa!!!

that's interesting.... i went to my local sephora today to check out the scene as they have UD makeup artists there...   cookies and drinks...  with the purchase of Naked 3 you also get a UD nail polish as a gift.....   I got the color "Vice"....  

that particular sephora, SF Union St..   was EMPTY...   with LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of Naked 3 stacked all over the stands...  yet including me and my husband i saw only 3 other customers....

if anyone live in SF and want to get Naked 3 I'd say try calling the sephora on Union St. 

Latest posts

Back