Urban Decay NAKED 3 palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heading to my SiJCP this morning to see if they have any left in stock. 
smile.gif

Does anyone have a N3 palette where some of the lighter colors aren't chalky?  I'm thinking about exchanging and trying my luck with a different N3.  However, if they're all like this, that would be pointless. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Does anyone have a N3 palette where some of the lighter colors aren't chalky?  I'm thinking about exchanging and trying my luck with a different N3.  However, if they're all like this, that would be pointless. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Did you get yours from Sephora? Cause the two I got from UD were chalky, but the ones I tested in Sephora weren't. I think most people have at least one or two colours that were chalky.

Quote: Originally Posted by Prtylitlesyko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you get yours from Sephora? Cause the two I got from UD were chalky, but the ones I tested in Sephora weren't. I think most people have at least one or two colours that were chalky.

Yup!   I ordered online from Sephora.  I will go to the store and at least see what they have...  if I notice theirs being different, I will exchange.  Thanks!

i just want to note that testers can sometimes seem different in texture, especially in eyeshadows.. in my experience, something would swatch beautifully but apply horribly, etc..or when i take it home and play with a new palette, it seems different sometimes somehow.

i just want to note that testers can sometimes seem different in texture, especially in eyeshadows.. in my experience, something would swatch beautifully but apply horribly, etc..or when i take it home and play with a new palette, it seems different sometimes somehow.
Yeah, I was thinking about since I've had the same experience, and it's not like you can open them and play with the colours in store and then say ok, now I'm gonna buy this, lol. I feel like it's almost a bait and switch, like they make the testers so much more appealing than the actual products.

Yeah, I was thinking about since I've had the same experience, and it's not like you can open them and play with the colours in store and then say ok, now I'm gonna buy this, lol. I feel like it's almost a bait and switch, like they make the testers so much more appealing than the actual products.
i don't think the testers are any different from the actual product. i guess what i'm saying is a new/fresh product versus a 'used/abused' tester can seem different. 

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i don't think the testers are any different from the actual product. i guess what i'm saying is a new/fresh product versus a 'used/abused' tester can seem different. 

Testers are the same products. In some cases the testers are returned items that the store either has to destroy or they decide to put out as a tester.

Quote: Originally Posted by NittanyLionGRRL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Very helpful! I don't own any Naked palettes, but I have been pondering where to start. Thank you!
I would recommend Naked 2.

Quote: Originally Posted by NewportSweetPea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my Naked 3 today for free using my ulta points. Can't wait to play with it. So far the colors look really pretty.
Congrats! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree about the testers just having been used a little bit, can make them seem different. I'm not totally sure what it means when some of you are describing an eyeshadow as "chalky." My UD Nakeds all kick up a little dust when I swipe my brushes against their shadows, which is why I try to remember to pat them, instead. Is that what you mean? I don't mind it, because they are still more pigmented and easier to work with, than most of my Mac.

It's possible that the new eye shadows do it at first, and then are more "buttery" after they've been used a little while. I dunno.

Read the last few pages and didn't see anyone else post about it yet. Got mine this morning (ordered online via Sephora) and it reeks like something is spoiled. Anyone else have this issue?

Does Sephora have a policy against holding popular items? I called to ask if they still had it and when the SA told me yes I asked if they would put one on hold for me (I'm about to head out to work, I was going to stop by there after but I don't want to make the 20 minute trip in the snow if it isn't there) and the sales associate told me they couldn't put it on hold and she hung up on me mid-reply (I mean, all I was going to say was "okay, thank you anyway" but...)

I've put other fast-selling items (like the Ariel palette) on hold before at the same location. What gives?

Quote: Originally Posted by liabear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does Sephora have a policy against holding popular items? I called to ask if they still had it and when the SA told me yes I asked if they would put one on hold for me (I'm about to head out to work, I was going to stop by there after but I don't want to make the 20 minute trip in the snow if it isn't there) and the sales associate told me they couldn't put it on hold and she hung up on me mid-reply (I mean, all I was going to say was "okay, thank you anyway" but...)

I've put other fast-selling items (like the Ariel palette) on hold before at the same location. What gives?
Whoa, RUDE! Ulta had no problem holding something for me in-store, but I've never tried at Sephora stores before. I wonder if that's not just a particular manager.... I'll bet they had some people hold it and then when others came in to buy had issues or something.

@lilyelement I got mine from Sephora.com and it didn't smell like anything in particular. I didn't put it up to my nose, but I didn't notice anything either.

So, at Sephora.com they're still sold out, but my local Ulta has plenty in stock. Hahah, they have 3, count 'em THREE, testers open. Weird, huh? Or do they normally do that when new, big releases are out? I played so hard with them yesterday- I swatched all 3 N palettes on one arm to see which looked best with my coloring (fair skin with pinkish, cool undertones) and the SA told me she thought N3 looked best, then N1 and N2 was the worst. I was surprised to see that N1 did work well with my coloring, because I thought that was best for warmer-toned people. But cool! Hope I don't try to buy it now, though!

Anyway, I do have my N3 palette, but I'm too much of a scared cat OCD to start playing with it. Like, literally I haven't even dipped into it yet with a brush or my finger or anything. I am WEIRD about this palette, I've noticed. I keep watching reviews and tutorials on it and staring at mine while they talk. And then last night instead of reading in bed, I literally got my palette out and started staring at it and the colors, and flashing them this way and that under my bedside lamp to see them shimmer. Can anyone say 'Gollum'? Hahaha! "My precious!" PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one doing this???? For the sake of my sanity!

I love it but haven't even used it on my eyes yet. To be fair, I have the type of eyes that really look best with minimal eye shadow, just lots of under-eye concealer and mascara, and defined brows. My eyes are .... hard to explain. Slightly hooded, slightly protruding, and down-turned. Hard to work a cat-eye, hard to do anything much with eyeshadow. I may need someone here to help me! I might have to post a photo of my eyes and see if anyone has any tips on where to apply eyeshadow. Would that be taboo and annoying?

Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Whoa, RUDE! Ulta had no problem holding something for me in-store, but I've never tried at Sephora stores before. I wonder if that's not just a particular manager.... I'll bet they had some people hold it and then when others came in to buy had issues or something.

@lilyelement I got mine from Sephora.com and it didn't smell like anything in particular. I didn't put it up to my nose, but I didn't notice anything either.

So, at Sephora.com they're still sold out, but my local Ulta has plenty in stock. Hahah, they have 3, count 'em THREE, testers open. Weird, huh? Or do they normally do that when new, big releases are out? I played so hard with them yesterday- I swatched all 3 N palettes on one arm to see which looked best with my coloring (fair skin with pinkish, cool undertones) and the SA told me she thought N3 looked best, then N1 and N2 was the worst. I was surprised to see that N1 did work well with my coloring, because I thought that was best for warmer-toned people. But cool! Hope I don't try to buy it now, though!

Anyway, I do have my N3 palette, but I'm too much of a scared cat OCD to start playing with it. Like, literally I haven't even dipped into it yet with a brush or my finger or anything. I am WEIRD about this palette, I've noticed. I keep watching reviews and tutorials on it and staring at mine while they talk. And then last night instead of reading in bed, I literally got my palette out and started staring at it and the colors, and flashing them this way and that under my bedside lamp to see them shimmer. Can anyone say 'Gollum'? Hahaha! "My precious!" PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one doing this???? For the sake of my sanity!

I love it but haven't even used it on my eyes yet. To be fair, I have the type of eyes that really look best with minimal eye shadow, just lots of under-eye concealer and mascara, and defined brows. My eyes are .... hard to explain. Slightly hooded, slightly protruding, and down-turned. Hard to work a cat-eye, hard to do anything much with eyeshadow. I may need someone here to help me! I might have to post a photo of my eyes and see if anyone has any tips on where to apply eyeshadow. Would that be taboo and annoying?
I was at my local ULTA on Friday and they must have had at least a dozen N3 palettes in stock.  The woman working that section of the store was very nice and helpful.  I've called my ULTA before just to check something was in stock, and they offered to hold it for me, without my asking.  I love my local ULTA! 

Does Sephora have a policy against holding popular items? I called to ask if they still had it and when the SA told me yes I asked if they would put one on hold for me (I'm about to head out to work, I was going to stop by there after but I don't want to make the 20 minute trip in the snow if it isn't there) and the sales associate told me they couldn't put it on hold and she hung up on me mid-reply (I mean, all I was going to say was "okay, thank you anyway" but...) I've put other fast-selling items (like the Ariel palette) on hold before at the same location. What gives?
I've never had any Sephora say no to holding something for me. I've even called before the launch of a product to request that they hold something for me with no problem. Sephora, like Starbucks, has a "we don't say no to customers" policy if they can at all help it. Maybe she was frazzled with all the pre-holiday madness and took it out on you?

Does Sephora have a policy against holding popular items? I called to ask if they still had it and when the SA told me yes I asked if they would put one on hold for me (I'm about to head out to work, I was going to stop by there after but I don't want to make the 20 minute trip in the snow if it isn't there) and the sales associate told me they couldn't put it on hold and she hung up on me mid-reply (I mean, all I was going to say was "okay, thank you anyway" but...) I've put other fast-selling items (like the Ariel palette) on hold before at the same location. What gives?
Its possible because its the holiday season. I worked at target and my store had a no holds policy from Thanksgiving to Christmas.

I sincerely don't see all the hype about this naked 3 palette!!! Can someone please tell me what is so special? I have a good friend who is a UD Pro Artist and she gives me loads of makeup but I am just not sold sorry… In any event I am not saying that it is bad but I don't see what is so spectacular about these eyeshadows!

I got one! I had been planning on waiting until January, but $20 coupon + $100 gift card from work = purchased! And why it hit my gotta-have spot: all of those shimmery pinks. I get more compliments when I wear pink than pretty much all other colors combined. It doesn't really matter what shade. Shimmery petal pink blush, matte hot pink lipstick, glittery fuchsia eyeshadow, rose gold nail polish? All hits. I had zero interest in this palette because I do not like neutrals at all -- and then I found out that this was all pink, and it was all over. Also, that last color in my list is key here: Rose gold is the It Metallic right now. I had a rose gold stila foil shadow that looked amazing on me (according to everyone I encountered when I wore it), but I was allergic to it. For the exact same price I paid for that one shadow (which I returned because SO MUCH ITCHING), I got this entire palette.

Latest posts

Back