Urban Decay NAKED 3 palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been playing with my Naked 3 today and noticed something off. For those who also have N3, does Dust feel a bit...chunky to you? Like MAC Pigment kind of chunky. And that it doesn't apply evenly or stick very well.
This. So I went into Sephora last night, and tested the naked3 there and the colours are nothing like what were in my palette. These were buttery and great, dust did not actually turn to dust in the Sephora palette. The colours were much easier to use and the palette looked much better put together, not like some knockoff like mine did. I was so mad I almost screamed. Instead I went and got an OCC Black Metal Dahlia and that definitely made me feel like a winner lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've been playing with my Naked 3 today and noticed something off. For those who also have N3, does Dust feel a bit...chunky to you? Like MAC Pigment kind of chunky. And that it doesn't apply evenly or stick very well.

Every review I've read says Dust is a dud.

Ulta took their time shipping mine, looks like I won't get it until Friday at the earliest. There's a store two miles away, I'm thinking of being late to work and heading down there.

Quote: Originally Posted by ddalgi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine still hasn't arrived. Le cry! But I have read on several blogs that people are experiencing that with Dust. Seems UD really rushed this palette, actually.
Dust is very very sheer and kind of has a fluffy texture. I really like it, because I can put it over a matte color, or a satin, and make it shimmery. I like being able to make just part of my eyelid shimmer, and all the same color, but different finishes, if that makes sense. I've also liked using it over the Sin primer sample that came with the palette. But, I wouldn't just wear it by itself, and it does fluff around when I am using it. Thankfully it is pretty subtle, so it's not like when Sidecar rains glitter all over my face.

A little OT, by Sidecar is the biggest Naked tragedy, IMO, because if it didn't have the glitter, it would be a HG color for me. Not even a stiff brush, trying to knock off the glitter, waiting ten minutes and wiping my face, seems to cure the glitter fallout phenomenon. Hours later, it is still raining glitter. My friend told me that the glitter made me look tired. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Liar is the apology for Sidecar. Same value, same finish, slightly pinker tone.

Quote: Originally Posted by Prtylitlesyko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This. So I went into Sephora last night, and tested the naked3 there and the colours are nothing like what were in my palette. These were buttery and great, dust did not actually turn to dust in the Sephora palette. The colours were much easier to use and the palette looked much better put together, not like some knockoff like mine did. I was so mad I almost screamed. Instead I went and got an OCC Black Metal Dahlia and that definitely made me feel like a winner lol.
That sucks! It does explain why I love mine so much, and you hated yours so passionately. Sad, though.

Just went to Sephora this morning & got 2 Naked 3 palettes using 2 $15 off.  One was mine & one my daughter's.  The 2 from UD are being sent back...they were both unused (we're actually getting them for christmas).  I couldn't pass up saving $30 on the palettes.

Quote: Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Dust is very very sheer and kind of has a fluffy texture. I really like it, because I can put it over a matte color, or a satin, and make it shimmery. I like being able to make just part of my eyelid shimmer, and all the same color, but different finishes, if that makes sense. I've also liked using it over the Sin primer sample that came with the palette. But, I wouldn't just wear it by itself, and it does fluff around when I am using it. Thankfully it is pretty subtle, so it's not like when Sidecar rains glitter all over my face.

A little OT, by Sidecar is the biggest Naked tragedy, IMO, because if it didn't have the glitter, it would be a HG color for me. Not even a stiff brush, trying to knock off the glitter, waiting ten minutes and wiping my face, seems to cure the glitter fallout phenomenon. Hours later, it is still raining glitter. My friend told me that the glitter made me look tired. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Liar is the apology for Sidecar. Same value, same finish, slightly pinker tone.

That sucks! It does explain why I love mine so much, and you hated yours so passionately. Sad, though.

Sidecar is the first color I hit pan on in naked, and liar or mugshot will prob be first in N3. I don't notice glitter around my eyes but I love the color of sidecar so much, I probably wouldn't care. 

Played with N3 todayyy, I lurve it! Yes, I had glitter on my face and used a zillion of the colors but I can't wait to try out more. Sidebar, Blackheart is far darker than I expected with one swipe of the pan. Holy panda eyes until I covered it haha. 

This makes me happy that I bought mine at Sephora and am sending the UD one's back.  That and the `$30 I saved.

I bought mine from Sephora online. I was so excited to get it! Then I opened it and saw that there were two pans of "nooner". One was in place of "liar". So bummed. I asked if I could exchange it and instead they just gave me a refund. Well, ok, but now If I want the complete palette I have to buy another one because it seems that "liar" is not available as a single. Lame. I don't really want two of the palettes. 

I bought mine from Sephora online. I was so excited to get it! Then I opened it and saw that there were two pans of "nooner". One was in place of "liar". So bummed. I asked if I could exchange it and instead they just gave me a refund. Well, ok, but now If I want the complete palette I have to buy another one because it seems that "liar" is not available as a single. Lame. I don't really want two of the palettes. 
Maybe you could exchange it at a physical Sephora store? Or pick up another and give the defective one to someone you know who wouldn't mind two of that colour.

Quote: Originally Posted by ddalgi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe you could exchange it at a physical Sephora store? Or pick up another and give the defective one to someone you know who wouldn't mind two of that colour.
I'm going to see if they have it in my nearest store tomorrow. They already refunded me, so I can't exchange. You are right, my niece would probably love this, even with the dupe.

I'm so torn about whether or not I'm going to purchase this palette.  I have Naked and Naked Basics.  And I just bought the Laura Mercier 2013 Artist palette which is all pinks, purples, and browns. I went to my Sephora to swatch all the colors.  I'm in love with all the darker shades and the matte shades.  I'm just not sure I loooooove the lighter shades.  And I've still got my $20 VIB card.  What to do, what to do.... 

I'm so torn about whether or not I'm going to purchase this palette.  I have Naked and Naked Basics.  And I just bought the Laura Mercier 2013 Artist palette which is all pinks, purples, and browns. I went to my Sephora to swatch all the colors.  I'm in love with all the darker shades and the matte shades.  I'm just not sure I loooooove the lighter shades.  And I've still got my $20 VIB card.  What to do, what to do.... 
I got naked 3 and the Laura mercier 2013 artist palette and after using the LM it's a return back to sephora sadly. The LM just takes so much work for the colors to show on my eyes; the lights r not light enough to show on my Asian skin the darks r way too dark. the only color that I liked was African violet yet even that color is too muted/muddy on my skin.... I am saving naked 3 for Xmas I had the makeup artist put it on my eyes it's so purty!!! I think naked 3 will work out better

Quote: Originally Posted by kat46 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have to get Liar. It is the best color.

Quote: Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You have to get Liar. It is the best color.
I'm going to have to find a dupe :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I decided to do a little experiment today and have another go at the palette, because you know, I'm obsessive like that, and I wanted better pics for my blog post. I decided to swatch the colours again with a different brush cause I've found that can sometimes make a difference. Instead of the brush that came with it, I used my trusty BH Cosmetics flat brush and it worked way better at picking up the shadows. That being said, most of these swatches are at least four swipes of the brush to build up the colours, particularly the matte shades. I think that I've realised what the difference is too. The matte shades are seriously lost on me, I mean no way, no how are they gonna show up. The shimmer shades show up much better, usually with only two swipes, except for Dust, which is basically, dust. Am I going to keep the palette? Still no because I'm just not wowed by it, it's just nothing spectacular about it as far as I'm concerned. Truly happy for all the ladies that love their palettes, but to me it's just ok. The first is natural light indoors, the second is with flash.

That is SO GORGEOUS on your skin tone. I'm superrr pale, but I love this palette! especially Blackheart, I thought it would be like a blackish shade I would never use, then I get it and it looks like purple glitter...so far I've only used it as liner on the top lid, since I don't normally do dark shades.

[@]Lorenk[/@] Thanks love! I much prefer my vice 2 palette though. Honestly, Blackheart is the only colour in the palette that I really and truly love, but, I have pretty much the same shade in a Mac colour named Beauty Marked, so...

I've seen a few of you mention this, but I'll admit I haven't read all of the pages in this thread.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who think some of the colors are sort of "flaky" and "dusty."

Do you think we just got defective products, or are all the Naked 3 palettes like this?  I have used the Naked 1 palette for a long time and haven't had this problem.  I've experienced fallout with sidecar (like everyone), but it at least didn't have the weird consistency of these new colors.

Quote: Originally Posted by Glitz91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've seen a few of you mention this, but I'll admit I haven't read all of the pages in this thread.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who think some of the colors are sort of "flaky" and "dusty."

Do you think we just got defective products, or are all the Naked 3 palettes like this?  I have used the Naked 1 palette for a long time and haven't had this problem.  I've experienced fallout with sidecar (like everyone), but it at least didn't have the weird consistency of these new colors.

i don't think it's defective. it's not uncommon for UD to have some duds in their palettes.

I got mine last night! It is so much smaller than I expected (it's my first Naked palette, and even though I've seen them physically in stores, it just blew my mind with tininess!)

I haven't played with it yet, but I was pleasantly surprised that the UDPP samples were much larger than I expected. They'll last nicely when transferred to some clean contact lense cases.

I also received a Sephora 'most loved scents' card, and two of the 4 scents were not even on the back. WTF. But it was a nice little addition.

Almost scared to dip into my N3 palette! I don't want it to be one of the chalky duds everyone is talking about!

Latest posts

Back