Urban Decay NAKED 3 palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by JuliaGhostx3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone with the palette know if there are any good dupes for blackheart?? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I don't own blackheart but from looking at it and its description it really reminds me of Beauty Marked from M.A.C....

Quote: Originally Posted by Sumayyah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't own blackheart but from looking at it and its description it really reminds me of Beauty Marked from M.A.C....
Thank you! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's such a gorgeous shade & The only one from the palette I'm truly interested in.

Blackheart is a misleading name because one would think it's black and it's not. Their description, "smoky black matte with rosy red micro-sparkle" but it's not black at all.

Mini Skirt from the Night Life EM Cosmetics palette is a dupe (though it's not as pigmented in one swipe).

BHCS02 (single pan, 99 cents) from BH Cosmetics is a little more red than brown.

Captivate from Stila is too light.

The pan from the Jenni Rivera (BH Cosmetics) palette is also too light.

The crease color from Wet n Wild's Petal Pusher (8 pan palette) is too dark and comes off more as a "smoky black with rosy red-micro-sparkle) than Blackheart does.

Blackheart is a misleading name because one would think it's black and it's not. Their description, "smoky black matte with rosy red micro-sparkle" but it's not black at all. Mini Skirt from the Night Life EM Cosmetics palette is a dupe (though it's not as pigmented in one swipe). BHCS02 (single pan, 99 cents) from BH Cosmetics is a little more red than brown. Captivate from Stila is too light. The pan from the Jenni Rivera (BH Cosmetics) palette is also too light. The crease color from Wet n Wild's Petal Pusher (8 pan palette) is too dark and comes off more as a "smoky black with rosy red-micro-sparkle) than Blackheart does.
Nice comparison Zadi

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Blackheart is a misleading name because one would think it's black and it's not. Their description, "smoky black matte with rosy red micro-sparkle" but it's not black at all.

Mini Skirt from the Night Life EM Cosmetics palette is a dupe (though it's not as pigmented in one swipe).

BHCS02 (single pan, 99 cents) from BH Cosmetics is a little more red than brown.

Captivate from Stila is too light.

The pan from the Jenni Rivera (BH Cosmetics) palette is also too light.

The crease color from Wet n Wild's Petal Pusher (8 pan palette) is too dark and comes off more as a "smoky black with rosy red-micro-sparkle) than Blackheart does.

Thank you! 

Does anyone with the palette know if there are any good dupes for blackheart?? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It's exactly like beauty marked, that's been one of my go to shadows for years.

So I got both my palettes in the mail yesterday but I don't bother opening them till just now, and all of the shadows in both palettes look as if someone has already been playing with them, they're all smudged and whatnot, did anyone else experience this? Also, the shades are all crooked in the palettes, one shade half of it isn't even all the way in. I'm sorry but this palette looks cheap and rushed, I'm not even excited to try the shades now. I'm a packaging junkie and kinda OCD, for $52 plus tax I expect presentation and this so isn't it. I think I may actually return this.

Quote: Originally Posted by Prtylitlesyko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I got both my palettes in the mail yesterday but I don't bother opening them till just now, and all of the shadows in both palettes look as if someone has already been playing with them, they're all smudged and whatnot, did anyone else experience this? Also, the shades are all crooked in the palettes, one shade half of it isn't even all the way in. I'm sorry but this palette looks cheap and rushed, I'm not even excited to try the shades now. I'm a packaging junkie and kinda OCD, for $52 plus tax I expect presentation and this so isn't it. I think I may actually return this.

I would say return it and order from Sephora or ULTA. Next week the palettes will be in stores so it may be worth just returning them now and spend the money at Sephora instead. (If possible.)

I would return them, but try them first. That way you can find out if you even like them. I'm sure they are cranking those palettes out like crazy. So it sounds like quality is suffering as they try to meet demand. If you wait until January, February, something like that, I'll be willing to bet the demand slows down enough that quality will be better. I've never had an issue with Urban Decay myself, but then, I have never tried to obtain an item as soon as it was first available. Shame on UD for doing this though!

If you bring them to the store, they probably have them, and you can tell the associate that you're unhappy with the quality and exchange it for one that looks better packaged since you can check to make sure there's no problem then

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Even tho I was convinced I'd end up going for Naked 1 or 2, I just couldn't resist trying Naked 3. Rose gold goodness, come to mama! Hopefully I don't look like the undead sickly zombies of The Walking Dead :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The shades aren't *as* strictly rose gold as you would think.  Especially the right side of the palette, it's more brown than I thought it would be, which is a good thing!  I'm sure the colors will look great on you!

[@]zadidoll[/@] I just swatched it and naked3 is not for this dark skinned chica, I can probably use half the palette from liar to darkside, maybe. The colours aren't as rosy as I expected them to be, nor ur seems, as pigmented against my skintone. [@]Heather Hicks[/@] I think I may have mentioned before, I've been using UD since like forever, before it even hit stores, I was the assistant to the beauty editor at a magazine and we used to get crazy samples all the time, that's where I got introduced to Mac as well, my first lipstick was one called Rock Star. But up until a little over a year ago I've never had quality issues with UD, and then I started noticing crooked palettes, messy presses, the works. The only UD palette that I've bought in the last year that didn't have those issues was Vice 2. They've just started looking very cheap. [@]Kyuu[/@] I wouldn't be comfortable doing that, I didn't buy it from Sephora so I wouldn't try to return it there.

@zadidoll

I just swatched it and naked3 is not for this dark skinned chica, I can probably use half the palette from liar to darkside, maybe. The colours aren't as rosy as I expected them to be, nor ur seems, as pigmented against my skintone.

@Heather Hicks

I think I may have mentioned before, I've been using UD since like forever, before it even hit stores, I was the assistant to the beauty editor at a magazine and we used to get crazy samples all the time, that's where I got introduced to Mac as well, my first lipstick was one called Rock Star. But up until a little over a year ago I've never had quality issues with UD, and then I started noticing crooked palettes, messy presses, the works. The only UD palette that I've bought in the last year that didn't have those issues was Vice 2. They've just started looking very cheap.

@Kyuu

I wouldn't be comfortable doing that, I didn't buy it from Sephora so I wouldn't try to return it there.
Ah! That explains a lot. Other than stuff on clearance, I have only purchased Vice 2 from them in about a year or so. And that was from Sephora. Such a shame. I guess since the takeover by Loreal, isn't it? Well, whoever. I guess since they sold out, quality has gone in the crapper. Such a shame. They were great!

ETA: I did buy several of the new lipsticks. Haven't had an issue with them so far, knock wood.

Here are swatches, with flash and without. Yeah I think this palette just isn't for me, I may look into getting the original Naked palette, I've always liked it and when I tested it the colours were pretty pigmented. I'll see. The last two are Darkside and Blackheart. These are all like two swipes of the brush.

I think that the Naked 1 and 2 work better on people with medium to dark skin, and people with a warm tone. I feel like Naked 3 is for cool toned people, and really pale people, mainly.

My favorite color so far is Liar. I put it all over my lids and creases, highlighted with Strange, and put Dust in a little circle in the center of each lid, and that has been my favorite look I've done, so far. Sorry, I tried to take a picture, but my phone camera couldn't handle the fabulous. I love that Dust is so sheer. I can put it over darker colors, or whatever, to make a portion of it lighter and more shimmery. This palette is a lot of fun!

I think that the Naked 1 and 2 work better on people with medium to dark skin, and people with a warm tone. I feel like Naked 3 is for cool toned people, and really pale people, mainly. My favorite color so far is Liar. I put it all over my lids and creases, highlighted with Strange, and put Dust in a little circle in the center of each lid, and that has been my favorite look I've done, so far. Sorry, I tried to take a picture, but my phone camera couldn't handle the fabulous. I love that Dust is so sheer. I can put it over darker colors, or whatever, to make a portion of it lighter and more shimmery. This palette is a lot of fun!
I dunno if that's true, it looks wonderful on Karen over at makeup and beauty blog and she's a pretty dark skinned Filipina, also a bunch of other black bloggers seemed to get it to work. I just have an extremely aggressively golden undertone and it tends to interfere with a lot of things, that was one of the reasons I started creating makeup. Also, this palette just isn't as good as the other two, it's not as buttery, there's a lot of fallout, honestly if I hadn't bought it directly from UD I'd have sworn it was a knockoff, like the difference between this palette and the vice 2 is like night and day. I just don't get it. Sorry just my opinion.

I dunno if that's true, it looks wonderful on Karen over at makeup and beauty blog and she's a pretty dark skinned Filipina, also a bunch of other black bloggers seemed to get it to work. I just have an extremely aggressively golden undertone and it tends to interfere with a lot of things, that was one of the reasons I started creating makeup. Also, this palette just isn't as good as the other two, it's not as buttery, there's a lot of fallout, honestly if I hadn't bought it directly from UD I'd have sworn it was a knockoff, like the difference between this palette and the vice 2 is like night and day. I just don't get it. Sorry just my opinion.
Thank you for sharing!  I always appreciate when people give honest, well thought out reviews.  I can't stand when people say they disliked something but not why!  Was it color?  Pigmentation? Lack of?  It smelled funny?  Looked funny?  I need to know!!  Maybe in their rush to get it to the masses, quality control and pigmentation went out the window!  I have also seen other beauty bloggers and you tube people say it is ok, but almost all like 1 or 2 better.

I wanted to form an opinion for myself and I did not pay for the palette so if I do not love it, no big deal.  If it is really something I dislike I will return! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

[@]lovepink[/@] You're welcome! I feel so bad about it that when I do my review I'm just going to do a joint Vice 2 Naked3 review ( I knew there was a reason it's taken me months to do the review even tho I use the palette almost daily ) to show that it's not all recent UD products. I agree, like I said this feels and looks rushed. The three shadows I tried on the fallout was ridiculous as opposed to the vice palette which has literally zero fallout. And even though I don't own either of the other naked palettes I've used both on other people so I know the quality and consistency of both and this doesn't equal.

Latest posts

Back