Urban Decay NAKED 3 palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Elizabeth Mac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That looks a lot like two of Liar. I don't think Nooner should appear that shimmery.  

@viccckyhoang I just checked out your blog. Thanks!! So far Mugshot is my favorite, but I've only played with a few colors. How long did it take you to build up color with Dust? I tried to wear Dust this morning and literally couldn't get any color to build up. I was so disappointed. 

i would use Dust as an extra layer on top of another eye shadow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and thanks for checking out my blog!

That looks a lot like two of Liar. I don't think Nooner should appear that shimmery.   @viccckyhoang  I just checked out your blog. Thanks!! So far Mugshot is my favorite, but I've only played with a few colors. How long did it take you to build up color with Dust? I tried to wear Dust this morning and literally couldn't get any color to build up. I was so disappointed. 
I'm so mad at urban decay now! They have not impressed me with this palette. I've had more issues with this palette than I should have. I just emailed them again with issues. We'll see if they'll just tell me I have to return it again. I don't see why I should have to go through all this hassle with them to solve the problem.

regarding the pans not in place in UD palettes, i find that this is becoming common of their products. i've experienced it more than once. i don't want to go through the hassle, and waste, of returning the palette, so i just pry it out and glue it back in. i'm also afraid that they'll just send me another one with the same issue. 

Quote: Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @eastofthesun here you go! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks Vicky! Lovely, I didn't expect them to look so different. That's very good, mwhahah! Now I can definitely get N3 too!

By the way your blog entry on N3 is totally gorgeous! It's interesting- this palette sometimes looks more rose-toned and then in other lights it looks more grey and brown. I like that about it, because I think it is very versatile.

Quote: Originally Posted by FunAtTheCircus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, I will do this for you tomorrow afternoon for sure. xxxo

Aww, thank you SO much! You are awesome! I can't WAIT!!!! Do you  have a blog or youtube account? You should put them up on there too, I think lots of people besides me and that other girl are wondering! Can't wait, thank you!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by soccerkidtlk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can someone swatch nooner and liar next to each other for me? I'm looking at my palette and they look identical! I'm starting to think I have 2 liars in my palette and no nooner! I've been having so many issues with this palette since I got it!

Holy snap! I cannot believe it! That is definitely not Nooner. It does look like a second Liar. I hope they let you keep that one and send you a new one free of charge. That would be what a decent company would do!

@soccerkidtlk - you have to Liar side-by-side. Nooner is a matte color and Liar is a shimmer.

Image from Urban Decay.​
 ​
Personally, I think my Dust is the wrong color because it's not that pale

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @soccerkidtlk - you have to Liar side-by-side. Nooner is a matte color and Liar is a shimmer.

Image from Urban Decay.​
 ​
Personally, I think my Dust is the wrong color because it's not that pale
Thank you! I definitely have 2 liars in mine. So annoyed i'm having this many problems with this new palette. Can't wait to hear what they say now! Probably the same you'll have to return it and wait for it to come back in stock!

I had to take my problem with Naked 3 to Facebook in order to get any response. They obviously don't want me posting the problems I've found with their palette on their wall for people to see. Maybe that will make them come up with a solution rather than your going to have to return the palette and wait to order it again when it's back in stock. 

Just saw this post on FB:

Urban Decay Cosmetics
UDers, we hear you loud and clear. So to hook you up, we’ve worked hard with our retail partner's Beauty.com, Sephora.com and Ulta.com to move up the online launch of Naked3 to 12/6 instead of 12/9. Enjoy getting Naked!

I had to take my problem with Naked 3 to Facebook in order to get any response. They obviously don't want me posting the problems I've found with their palette on their wall for people to see. Maybe that will make them come up with a solution rather than your going to have to return the palette and wait to order it again when it's back in stock. 
If you don't like your current palette right now then I would suggest you to return it and let it be back in stock to re-order. It won't hurt at all.. You would just need to wait a bit.. Or return to UD and get it elsewhere (Sephora, Ulta, Beauty.com, etc) what do you want them to do? Let you keep this palette and send you another one? It's a "hot" palette to get right now; everyone wants one. From my experience Urban Decay has always been willing to help even when Loreal bought them.. Customer service was always nice and answered my emails or phone calls (if I need them ASAP) in a timely matter. Sure they mess up from time to time; ahem black friday lipstick deal -- I didn't get to snatch one bc they took me back to the cart several times :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but at the end of the day it's just makeup. They do try their best to make things right. Broken makeup? No problem. Send it back and you can get a new one (if it's in stock).. Those are from my personal experience. And yeah I said it's just makeup. I get that we use our $$$ to buy these things. You had a problem, told UD, and they gave you their solution (you might not like it but it's an answer at least). No worries tho, the Naked 3 is not limited edition and it's coming to a store near you ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> EDIT: I AM NOT TRYING TO BE RUDE AT ALL AND I DO NOT WANT TO ARGUE ON A MAKEUP FORUM. But you can sure reply back :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm friendly and I DO NOT bite.

If you don't like your current palette right now then I would suggest you to return it and let it be back in stock to re-order. It won't hurt at all.. You would just need to wait a bit.. Or return to UD and get it elsewhere (Sephora, Ulta, Beauty.com, etc) what do you want them to do? Let you keep this palette and send you another one? It's a "hot" palette to get right now; everyone wants one. From my experience Urban Decay has always been willing to help even when Loreal bought them.. Customer service was always nice and answered my emails or phone calls (if I need them ASAP) in a timely matter.

Sure they mess up from time to time; ahem black friday lipstick deal -- I didn't get to snatch one bc they took me back to the cart several times
frown.gif
but at the end of the day it's just makeup. They do try their best to make things right. Broken makeup? No problem. Send it back and you can get a new one (if it's in stock).. Those are from my personal experience.

And yeah I said it's just makeup. I get that we use our $$$ to buy these things. You had a problem, told UD, and they gave you their solution (you might not like it but it's an answer at least). No worries tho, the Naked 3 is not limited edition and it's coming to a store near you
wink.gif

I totally don't agree with this and I think this is the perfect example of what is wrong with customer service today.  I also think, the way you worded some of the things you wrote, was kind of rude.  

I totally don't agree with this and I think this is the perfect example of what is wrong with customer service today.  I also think, the way you worded some of the things you wrote, was kind of rude.  
Should I put a HUGE disclaimer that I am in no way trying to be rude? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Should I put a HUGE disclaimer that I am in no way trying to be rude?
smile.gif

No, because that seems rather insincere and condescending.  

No, because that seems rather insincere and condescending.  
Sorry but I just did 'cause this overall forum has been a bit 'rowdy'.. It use to NEVER be like this.. This is maybe why I refrained myself from posting too much unless I see a specific topic (like this one). I am NOT being rude and I don't want to come off that way. It's hard to express through writing so don't take it in a bad way.

regarding the pans not in place in UD palettes, i find that this is becoming common of their products. i've experienced it more than once. i don't want to go through the hassle, and waste, of returning the palette, so i just pry it out and glue it back in. i'm also afraid that they'll just send me another one with the same issue. 
This is what I was talking about when I talked about the change in quality, the care and attention to detail is so not there anymore since the takeover. Anyway, I got my shipment confirmation a few hours ago and it's already on the way. Will post pics when it gets to me. I'm gonna use my Ulta freebie to get the Smashbox mega palette instead. I have a feeling I'll either be returning my naked palette or selling that badboy on eBay

She wrote something so I replied back. I was just trying to be helpful in this thread. Urban Decay gave her a solution.. If you were in UD's shoes what would you do? I even said it before if someone needs something then I am willing to do it (post swatches, comparisons, etc).

If you don't like your current palette right now then I would suggest you to return it and let it be back in stock to re-order. It won't hurt at all.. You would just need to wait a bit.. Or return to UD and get it elsewhere (Sephora, Ulta, Beauty.com, etc) what do you want them to do? Let you keep this palette and send you another one? It's a "hot" palette to get right now; everyone wants one. From my experience Urban Decay has always been willing to help even when Loreal bought them.. Customer service was always nice and answered my emails or phone calls (if I need them ASAP) in a timely matter.

Sure they mess up from time to time; ahem black friday lipstick deal -- I didn't get to snatch one bc they took me back to the cart several times
frown.gif
but at the end of the day it's just makeup. They do try their best to make things right. Broken makeup? No problem. Send it back and you can get a new one (if it's in stock).. Those are from my personal experience.

And yeah I said it's just makeup. I get that we use our $$$ to buy these things. You had a problem, told UD, and they gave you their solution (you might not like it but it's an answer at least). No worries tho, the Naked 3 is not limited edition and it's coming to a store near you
wink.gif

EDIT: I AM NOT TRYING TO BE RUDE AT ALL AND I DO NOT WANT TO ARGUE ON A MAKEUP FORUM. But you can sure reply back
smile.gif
I'm friendly and I DO NOT bite.
Yes but with this being a "hot item" as you say I shouldn't be having so many problems with a new palette. I have called them on the phone because when I first got my palette they never emailed me back and still haven't. They only said I would have to return it and wait for it to come back into stock on their site, not that they would exchange it and send me a new one. I would have to "compete" with all the other people wanting a new one, so what if I can't get online during the time they were back in stock? I should have been sent a palette with an unsecured pan and a duplicate shadow in the first place. 

Also their solution was for the unsecure pan last week. They haven't said anything to me about missing a shadow because I have a duplicate. I only noticed I had a duplicate shadow this morning. I haven't had much time to use it and i tried using nooner and liar and they came off the same shade which made me suspicious. 

I'm not trying to complain I was just sharing what has been happening with my palette. I just haven't had the greatest luck with their customer service as I said prior that they still didn't email me back from the first time. Which was last week. Not saying everyone has this experience but right now thats how my experience is. 

I understand your not trying to be rude and it is hard to tell someones tone of voice over the internet ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Yes but with this being a "hot item" as you say I shouldn't be having so many problems with a new palette. I have called them on the phone because when I first got my palette they never emailed me back and still haven't. They only said I would have to return it and wait for it to come back into stock on their site, not that they would exchange it and send me a new one. I would have to "compete" with all the other people wanting a new one, so what if I can't get online during the time they were back in stock? I should have been sent a palette with an unsecured pan and a duplicate shadow in the first place.  Also their solution was for the unsecure pan last week. They haven't said anything to me about missing a shadow because I have a duplicate. 
It is quite a popular palette but yours is definitely a defective one. I see the duplicate shadow and it's definitely not the shade Nooner. Did you suggest on sending the palette back 1st and then asking them to send you a brand new one when they get the chance? They should've offered that 1st but since they didn't maybe you can try asking? Calling is the best option even if you hate it ('cause I do and that's usually my last option) I'm really sorry that your palette is defective but Urban Decay will most likely do the right thing. Screw it, just return it to UD and order off Sephora and use your $15 or $20 code :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I really wasn't trying to be rude and I feel extremely bad that you're experiencing this from UD. Thanks for understanding too!

In unrelated news, do they do the closed-for-inventory GWP thing every year? I'm going back and forth between joining the Sephora stampede and waiting for the GWP special if it happens since I really just want it by January 21st.

It is quite a popular palette but yours is definitely a defective one. I see the duplicate shadow and it's definitely not the shade Nooner.

Did you suggest on sending the palette back 1st and then asking them to send you a brand new one when they get the chance? They should've offered that 1st but since they didn't maybe you can try asking? Calling is the best option even if you hate it ('cause I do and that's usually my last option) I'm really sorry that your palette is defective but Urban Decay will most likely do the right thing.
No i didn't suggest that nor did they offer. It's hard for me to be assertive over the phone with them. They only said return it and wait till it comes back out (this is what i was told last week) We'll see if they email be back today now that I found the duplicate shadow. 

Latest posts

Back