Urban Decay NAKED 3 palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[@]zadidoll[/@] Well I think one of the reasons that she got let go was partially because everyone in that store knows me, they joke that I live there and when they haven't seen me in a while they ask if I've been cheating with the Sephora across the street. This manager was someone I'd never ever seen before and I'm in that store at least once a week, in the summer time more, so maybe she was filling in for someone? Also when I walked in a cop was standing in the front door, seems someone had just, just stolen something. I even stopped to talk to the cop, I work at the Starbucks down the street and he's one of our regulars, and she saw me talking to him. To make matters worse, there were three other people in the section, a teenage girl and her bf, and an older lady (all white), but she stayed right on my heels, I deliberately went around the section about four times cause I didn't want to jump to conclusions, but she just kept following me, checking shelves. She didn't leave the section till I walked over to the register, then she walked over there too. The whole time she never said one word to me or ever made eye contact, and I started her down a couple times, even at the register she didn't make eye contact with me. The irony? I was there to redeem my certificate for my free perfume, since this Ulta is on the tier, not points system, and since I'm notoriously indecisive I making circuits around the perfume section and testing stuff since I didn't want a perfume for myself, but for my mum. I do feel bad that she lost her job though, I just hope that she learns a lesson from this not to judge people based on skin colour, but honestly, anyone who would judge someone on skin colour alone can probably manufacture a situation where they're the injured party and this probably just make her hate black people of she didn't already.

yay! i'm glad that ulta made it up to you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  i had a similar experience in the ulta by me. i was followed around like a criminal, told the guy 3x i didn't need help and to fk off in a nice way and i started walking over to the drugstore section and he stopped following me there. i filled out the survey and complained to them via fbook and i haven't seen him in the store since. [@]quene8106[/@] Well at least it's good to know they're proactive about stuff like that, I'd started to feel like it was time for me to move back north lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Prtylitlesyko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yay! i'm glad that ulta made it up to you
smile.gif

i had a similar experience in the ulta by me. i was followed around like a criminal, told the guy 3x i didn't need help and to fk off in a nice way and i started walking over to the drugstore section and he stopped following me there. i filled out the survey and complained to them via fbook and i haven't seen him in the store since.
@quene8106
Well at least it's good to know they're proactive about stuff like that, I'd started to feel like it was time for me to move back north lol yeah i'm glad too. the guy that kept profiling me was a person of color too, smh

I just came back from out of town and my hubby had all my packages on the table. After saying hello to the pets, I opened my naked 3!! LOVE it.. seriously so beautiful. Only thing that was weird was the little sample was kinda… lame.. it is just 4 little card samples. You got more product with naked 1 and 2 samples. Also I liked naked 1's packaging much better. 3 is the same as 2's packaging.

I'll take some pics and post them of my looks when I use it this week. 

Can someone explain to me how you cash in points at ulta?  I only know about the rewards coupon I get a few times a year, but I've heard multiple people talk about cashing in points.  Help! Lol

edited: NM.  I called and my Ulta (in my State) is on a different points system.  WTH?  Why are they different?  They should all be the same.

Can someone explain to me how you cash in points at ulta?  I only know about the rewards coupon I get a few times a year, but I've heard multiple people talk about cashing in points.  Help! Lol
Not all ultas have the same rewards system. You'll need to check with your ulta to find out what rewards system they have.

Quote: Originally Posted by soccerkidtlk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not all ultas have the same rewards system. You'll need to check with your ulta to find out what rewards system they have.

Hopefully that'll change soon! (See below, very exciting)

Quote: Originally Posted by mrspookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty sure I read a comment from Ulta on their Facebook page that they were going to be switching all locations to the "ULTAmate rewards program" in 2014. So there's hope!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Starcrossed2810 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can someone post a picture of the samples of primer potion that came with NAKED3? How big are they ??
wink.gif

Its a paper card that has 4 blister packs about the size of a quarter with the 4 different primers. They say there's a weeks worth in each one, but my concern would be they would dry out because there isn't a way to close them once they've been opened. 

@Starcrossed2810 I was wondering the same thing! In every review they seem to gloss over that and hardly even show it! Come on, give us something to go on- how many ml in each one, show somethign to scale, take it out of the little folder it's in, a girl has to know! In other news, I guess they're getting rid of the greed primer and instead going with anti-aging, because greed has been on sale everywhere, and in the sample kit there is no greed, but there are original, sin, eden, and anti-aging. I'm excited to try the anti-aging one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerkidtlk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Its a paper card that has 4 blister packs about the size of a quarter with the 4 different primers. They say there's a weeks worth in each one, but my concern would be they would dry out because there isn't a way to close them once they've been opened.

Yeah, that's a bummer. Actually, my tip would be to open them one at a time (hehe, obviously, I guess) and scoop the contents into a pill box or a clean, unused contact lense case. I actually have a little contact lense case that I put my face primer and my UDPP in (one on each side) and the UDPP has actually held up pretty well in there. I've been using it for a month now and it has not dried up, and there's quite a bit of air space in there, so I think it should be fine until it runs out.

But to be honest, I'd rather get one small tube of any of the 4 varieties, rather than a sample card of 4. That's really annoying, considering the cost is the same, but we're getting less product. But I am not too upset considering the contact lense case worked for me. I'll give that a go.

You know what would be cool? You know how some people use dark eyeshadow (wet or dry) as eyeliner? Well, I wonder if you could take a tiny bit of UDPP in original or anti-aging, mix in a little 'blackheart' into it, and use that as an eyeliner? I bet it would be fab- as it would be long-lasting and the color might be amped up. I'm so going to try this as I don't think I'm going to be buying the double-ended pencil. I'm just not a big eyeliner person, and I usually go for browns, but we'll see!

Yeah, that's a bummer. Actually, my tip would be to open them one at a time (hehe, obviously, I guess) and scoop the contents into a pill box or a clean, unused contact lense case. I actually have a little contact lense case that I put my face primer and my UDPP in (one on each side) and the UDPP has actually held up pretty well in there. I've been using it for a month now and it has not dried up, and there's quite a bit of air space in there, so I think it should be fine until it runs out. But to be honest, I'd rather get one small tube of any of the 4 varieties, rather than a sample card of 4. That's really annoying, considering the cost is the same, but we're getting less product. But I am not too upset considering the contact lense case worked for me. I'll give that a go. You know what would be cool? You know how some people use dark eyeshadow (wet or dry) as eyeliner? Well, I wonder if you could take a tiny bit of UDPP in original or anti-aging, mix in a little 'blackheart' into it, and use that as an eyeliner? I bet it would be fab- as it would be long-lasting and the color might be amped up. I'm so going to try this as I don't think I'm going to be buying the double-ended pencil. I'm just not a big eyeliner person, and I usually go for browns, but we'll see!
Oh that's rather disappointing, with the price increase at UD (the first Naked was only 48$) I kinda expected more or something similar to the first mini primer potion that came with the original Naked :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Starcrossed2810 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, that's a bummer. Actually, my tip would be to open them one at a time (hehe, obviously, I guess) and scoop the contents into a pill box or a clean, unused contact lense case. I actually have a little contact lense case that I put my face primer and my UDPP in (one on each side) and the UDPP has actually held up pretty well in there. I've been using it for a month now and it has not dried up, and there's quite a bit of air space in there, so I think it should be fine until it runs out.

But to be honest, I'd rather get one small tube of any of the 4 varieties, rather than a sample card of 4. That's really annoying, considering the cost is the same, but we're getting less product. But I am not too upset considering the contact lense case worked for me. I'll give that a go.

You know what would be cool? You know how some people use dark eyeshadow (wet or dry) as eyeliner? Well, I wonder if you could take a tiny bit of UDPP in original or anti-aging, mix in a little 'blackheart' into it, and use that as an eyeliner? I bet it would be fab- as it would be long-lasting and the color might be amped up. I'm so going to try this as I don't think I'm going to be buying the double-ended pencil. I'm just not a big eyeliner person, and I usually go for browns, but we'll see!

Oh that's rather disappointing, with the price increase at UD (the first Naked was only 48$) I kinda expected more or something similar to the first mini primer potion that came with the original Naked
frown.gif

Adding to the disappointment is that with NAKED2 people got a nice little lip gloss and with NAKED a little travel primer so WHY is UD being cheap this time around? My guess, because L'Oreal owns them now. When NAKED2 and NAKED came out UD was independently owned but since late last year UD was sold to the L'Oreal Group and the deal wasn't finalized until earlier this year. Looks like when L'Oreal took over they decided that people will buy NAKED3 regardless of extra goodies - and they're right. I know I bought one but wish they weren't cheapos about it.

I received what appears to be exactly this primer sampler in a swap a few days ago, and given how little you are likely to use, they really do seem to have enough for a full week's worth per foil, so that sampler is probably a month's worth.  Maybe even more depending on how heavily you apply.  My guess is that they're at least 1ml each -- about the same size as the Korres mask and primer samples that Sephora was giving out earlier this month and probably a $6 value (or maybe even more) based on the price of the single mini tubes of Primer Potion at Sephora.  They would definitely be worth putting in a clamshell or sample tub instead of keeping in the little packets if you're afraid of wasting it if you store it in the foil.

Quote: Originally Posted by shutterblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif  
...my order still says "Order Status: Being Processed" after 6:30 p.m. EST on Monday 11/25 - and I ordered mine at 12:03 p.m. EST on 11/21...my birthday is this coming Thursday and we leave for a week in FL on Monday.  I'm beginning to lose hope I'll see mine before both.  (I did not upgrade shipping.  Not sure if it has anything to do with that or not.)  
icon_sad.gif

Well as suspected, mine has now shipped.  From Florida.  It is scheduled to arrive late Monday afternoon.  We leave for Florida at noon on Monday.  Missed by --->that<--- much.  We've had all of our mail / packages held and I won't see it 'til next Friday.  I should have just had them leave it in Jacksonville so I could snag it when we crossed the border.

Yes, I am pouting.

I ordered 2 palettes...1 for me & 1 for my daughter. They arrived today but its a surprise Christmas gift for my daughter so that means mine will be 1 of my gifts also. This is gonna be a looong wait till christmas. Boo not being able to play with it when I have it in my house!

I've never been so excited for a makeup product before in my life! i usually don't "count down the days" for new things, but this..... THIS!!!!! I can't wait

Here is the primer potion sample blister pack card thingy =)

You can slide the 2 cards out and on the back you can peel the silver seal to use the primer potion. Let me know if you guys need more pics! ;D

Latest posts

Back