(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone kknow of a good place to get some empty sample containers to empty the foil packets into for better storage?

Quote: Originally Posted by thebeverley3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone kknow of a good place to get some empty sample containers to empty the foil packets into for better storage?
In the travel section at Walmart, you can get 2 1oz. jars for $0.97

Quote: Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've met several people who commute from north of Baltimore. No idea how they can do it.

I'll let you know if they have this event in DC. fingers crossed.
I used to do it from PA :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Light Rail from Hunt Valley to the MARC.

Got my box yesterday

Love the dr. Brandt leaves skin smooth ðŸ˜

Quote: Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Awwww he's so adorable!! I do the same thing with the tissue paper but no catnip required. Plus it's more digestible than the plastic bags he seems to be attracted to.

Aaah! Kitten tongue!  That gets me every time!  I was once told that the reason kitties love the crinkly plastic bags (like most grocery stores use, not the non-crinkly ones places like Old Navy use, if they still use them.  I live in a town that banned plastic bags, so I'm not sure what stores use them nowadays!) is that they are manufactured using *fish* parts.  My dear departed Hunter *loved* licking plastic bags.  Not eating them.  Just licking them.  In the middle of the night.  I lived in a loft-style townhouse, so I heard *every* crackle.  I converted to reusable (preferably fabric) bags because of him.  

(I keep those paper crinkles that companies like Sephora -- at least I *think* they use those crinkles -- use to pack orders in a box so I have some handy when I need to send something out since they're sometimes easier to use than bubblewrap.  Last night, I had to pack up some stuff to be sent out and didn't put the box away -- and Edgar *flipped* the box over and started digging in between the interlaced flaps to get at the shredded stuff.  He was *very* industrious.  I swear he was a rat terrier in a previous life.)

I got my box, today! (Box 3)

- Pretty on my lips. A little unhealthy-looking as blush
Supergoop!® City Sunscreen Serum
 - haven't tried, but so pleased it is a serum, and not just sunblock, and a decent sample size
12 Benefitsâ„¢ Instant Healthy Hair Treatment - 6 oz - smells amazing. Enough that I almost wish I had ordered it instead of BP this morning, but my curiosity is piqued anyway. Now, I can try them both.
dr. brandt® microdermabrasion skin exfoliant
 - haven't tried, but seems like a really decent size sample, also the "full size" price is really expensive! 

ChapStick® Hydration Lock - I actually like it. Not as much as I like the S.W. Basics, or the Hurraw balms, but I will gladly use it.

Sorry about the bizarre formatting. I don't know how to fix it. Trying just seems to make it worse.

ETA: Informal Poll! Would you spend $78 on  facial scrub, even if it is really great, but not supernaturally so.

Quote: Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

- haven't tried, but so pleased it is a serum, and not just sunblock, and a decent sample size
12 Benefitsâ„¢ Instant Healthy Hair Treatment - 6 oz - smells amazing. Enough that I almost wish I had ordered it instead of BP this morning, but my curiosity is piqued anyway. Now, I can try them both.
 - haven't tried, but seems like a really decent size sample, also the "full size" price is really expensive!

ChapStick® Hydration Lock - I actually like it. Not as much as I like the S.W. Basics, or the Hurraw balms, but I will gladly use it.

Sorry about the bizarre formatting. I don't know how to fix it. Trying just seems to make it worse.

ETA: Informal Poll! Would you spend $78 on  facial scrub, even if it is really great, but not supernaturally so.

Poll answer:  Nope.  It would have to be close to a holy grail product for me to spend that much on a face scrub.  I'm just fine with my 30 something dollar Suki scrub. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   (unless I had some birchbox points burning a hole in my pocket to offset the cost, then I'd be okay if it were really great)

But face masks...that's another story and a serious weakness for me.  I've been told I'm nuts for buying the Glam Glow tingle mud mask stuff (in the black jar).  The little jar for 19$ gives me 4 applications.  The big jar is just a hair over the amount in 3 little jars, but it is 69$, so I just buy the little jars.  I love that stuff!

I also really want the Sisley of Paris Black Rose mask, but that sucker is like 156/158$ for like 2 something ounces.

So, here's my box, I'm not sure what number it is. 

Bain de Terre Conditioner -- it's a little bottle, not a packet. It'll be good for traveling.    DDF Wrinkle Reisist + Pore Minimizer -- It's a nice sized little bottle. Though I hope I don't fall in love w/ it since a full size bottle is $85!   Floss Gloss Polish -- it's sort of a weird orange color. Could be good for Halloween, tho not a color I normally wear.    Staniac in Beauty Queen -- Can't wait to try it.    Chapstick -- not a lipbalm person, but I'll give it a try.  [SIZE=1em]  [/SIZE]        

This is my first birchbox and I'm pretty excited, though I had been hoping for the warm facecloth kit. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Snolili /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So, here's my box, I'm not sure what number it is. 

Bain de Terre Conditioner -- it's a little bottle, not a packet. It'll be good for traveling.    DDF Wrinkle Reisist + Pore Minimizer -- It's a nice sized little bottle. Though I hope I don't fall in love w/ it since a full size bottle is $85!   Floss Gloss Polish -- it's sort of a weird orange color. Could be good for Halloween, tho not a color I normally wear.    Staniac in Beauty Queen -- Can't wait to try it.    Chapstick -- not a lipbalm person, but I'll give it a try.  [SIZE=1em]  [/SIZE]        

This is my first birchbox and I'm pretty excited, though I had been hoping for the warm facecloth kit. 

NIIICEEE. I got the facecloth. I was hoping to get the serum. I plan on saving up enough points or waiting for any special promo to get it!

theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac
12 Benefitsâ„¢ Instant Healthy Hair Treatment - 6 oz
 - smells amazing. Enough that I almost wish I had ordered it instead of BP this morning, but my curiosity is piqued anyway. Now, I can try them both. dr. brandt® microdermabrasion skin exfoliant

Sorry about the bizarre formatting. I don't know how to fix it. Trying just seems to make it worse. ETA: Informal Poll! Would you spend $78 on  facial scrub, even if it is really great, but not supernaturally so. Poll Answer: No. I bought the Vasanti Brighten Up Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator scrub last October. I think it was $36. That's about as high as I'm willing to go, and that stuff is da bomb. It gets rid of the rough skin along my jawline, it dramatically reduces my breakouts, it exfoliates but actually reduces the natural redness of my face. I love it, and I need to buy more.

Quote: Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Poll answer: no, definitely not when suki exists ;]

Aaah! Kitten tongue!  That gets me every time!  I was once told that the reason kitties love the crinkly plastic bags (like most grocery stores use, not the non-crinkly ones places like Old Navy use, if they still use them.  I live in a town that banned plastic bags, so I'm not sure what stores use them nowadays!) is that they are manufactured using *fish* parts.  My dear departed Hunter *loved* licking plastic bags.  Not eating them.  Just licking them.  In the middle of the night.  I lived in a loft-style townhouse, so I heard *every* crackle.  I converted to reusable (preferably fabric) bags because of him.   (I keep those paper crinkles that companies like Sephora -- at least I *think* they use those crinkles -- use to pack orders in a box so I have some handy when I need to send something out since they're sometimes easier to use than bubblewrap.  Last night, I had to pack up some stuff to be sent out and didn't put the box away -- and Edgar *flipped* the box over and started digging in between the interlaced flaps to get at the shredded stuff.  He was *very* industrious.  I swear he was a rat terrier in a previous life.)
Ew fish?! No wonder! We converted to fabric bags now and use brown paper lunch bags to line the trash can in the bathroom..that was his main source before I cut him off.

Quote: Originally Posted by thebeverley3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Target also sells some in their travel section!

Ahh I would have loved this box! Super jealous!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  my friend who has been waiting on her box finally got it in! posting it because it's a variation i haven't seen around a lot, and the sample sizes are killer. she seems really excited abou tit.

My box arrived today. I opened up the Pop Beauty lipgloss right away since I don't have one in a color like that (Splashing Scarlet) and despite it being kind of sticky I really like it. It stays on a long time surprisingly.I don't think I have ever had a lipgloss last more than an hour. I have tried hourglass, benefit, buxom, still... This one lasted about 3 hours. Drinking and snacking occurred during that time so that is excellent. Kind of excited to try the Liz Earle but I might just save it if I go somewhere overnight and don't want to take my Clarisonic. Gave my son the chapstick. Macadamia Oil conditioner smells really good but I just bought the Davines.

can someone who also received the Noya lip balm from ipsy comment on how the chapstick compares? i'm pretty particular about texture, and really only use the Noya and my Fresh Sugar Plum.. I'd rather pass the chapstick along to a family member without trying it if I can =) TIA!

Latest posts

Back