(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
!!!! Finally
Yay an app! Too bad the discount is for $50+, I was just trying to get to $35!

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It's a GWP, so it's free. They're not going to give you $100 for something that's free.
You're right. I was in a grumpy mood I guess, but I understand they can't really do much else. I do still love BB :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Snolili /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  For those who got the Staniac, what do you think about it? I found it uneven and didn't like the color, but I also could be doing something wrong. I'm not very adept when it comes to makeup. 
Stainiac was my first Birchbox order.  I was still on the waiting list and hadn't tried it yet, but it was a lip stain and, gosh darn it, I had to have it.  I used it for all of maybe 2 or 3 weeks before giving up on it.  The color was uneven, it was drying, and the color faded very unevenly (not that I'm holding only the product at fault for that, but even after I had been extremely diligent, it faded unevenly) - and, by "unevenly," I mean it looked like I was only wearing a berry lip liner, at best.  Stainiac has been retired and now sits at the very bottom of the back of my makeup cabinet.

Quote: Originally Posted by JennGrace /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm annoyed because I contacted them via email about the missing Erno Laszlo GWP, and they gave me 100 BB points. That doesn't seem like adequate compensation for an item that is worth over $100. I just called them, and they said they were very sorry, but the best they could do is give me the 100 points, and send me a "mystery sample pack." Oh well. Not very happy with BB right now. This is not the first time this has happened to me.
I have to say I was upset also with this fact, I really wanted that GWP! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by JennGrace /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You're right. I was in a grumpy mood I guess, but I understand they can't really do much else. I do still love BB :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The thing I've learned about the GWPs is that it's essentially a race to who can get them before they sell out. It sucks, but I like seeing that BB can compensate somewhat for those who miss out.

Im beginning to think I am never ever going to get my Birchbox!! Says its finally at the local post office... Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Sooo ... Birchbox Shop ... everything I want to add to my cart is out of stock. That's what it means when there's no Add to Cart button, right? No Shea Terra Black Soap bar, in the jar, or the rose hips soap for the face. No Caudalie hand cream. And I can't find anything else I really want. I'm trying to get my order up to $50.00.

ahhh thank you so much for the 20% off mobile alert!  I just posted in another forum here asking for a coupon code & this is purrrrrrfect!  
7b.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by donutbaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ahhh thank you so much for the 20% off mobile alert!  I just posted in another forum here asking for a coupon code & this is purrrrrrfect!  
7b.gif

Sure
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeaniney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I had good luck with it on my cheeks -- subtle, but I have fair skin which helps it show up easier.  I can see how it may be harder to notice on other skin tones.  It went on evenly enough over my BB cream.  I think it will be prefect for a "no makeup" look!
I'm glad for you, that it works as a cheek color. But I'm fair too, and splotches was what it gave me. I was putting it on bare skin, so that may have made a difference. The color shows up pretty well, but it was a weird purpely pink color on my cheeks.  I'm still thankful I got to try it. I really want to try benetint, too.

So I got my 6 month 20% code a few days back... and of COURSE I have 193 points - just 7 more!!

Anyway, I've been wanting to buy the WEI Purifying Mud Mask ever since I sampled it about a year ago, but I think the Benefit Gimme Brow deal is too good to pass up right now.  Have any of you tried the Gimme Brow, and what are your thoughts on it?

Quote: Originally Posted by samvanz12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I got my 6 month 20% code a few days back... and of COURSE I have 193 points - just 7 more!!

Anyway, I've been wanting to buy the WEI Purifying Mud Mask ever since I sampled it about a year ago, but I think the Benefit Gimme Brow deal is too good to pass up right now.  Have any of you tried the Gimme Brow, and what are your thoughts on it?
Bought it, used it, it's nice and subtle but easy to make more dramatic. I like it. This is coming from someone who doesn't do much to dress up brows often.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Bought it, used it, it's nice and subtle but easy to make more dramatic. I like it. This is coming from someone who doesn't do much to dress up brows often.
I don't either... in fact, until I sampled the Chella Brow Gel in my Ipsy bag last year, I didn't even realize they made products like that!

Good to know, thank you!

ETA: Just realized that it's not enough to get to the $25 minimum to use the code. I will have to buy something else too. Shoot 
wink.gif

Stainiac was my first Birchbox order.  I was still on the waiting list and hadn't tried it yet, but it was a lip stain and, gosh darn it, I had to have it.  I used it for all of maybe 2 or 3 weeks before giving up on it.  The color was uneven, it was drying, and the color faded very unevenly (not that I'm holding only the product at fault for that, but even after I had been extremely diligent, it faded unevenly) - and, by "unevenly," I mean it looked like I was only wearing a berry lip liner, at best.  Stainiac has been retired and now sits at the very bottom of the back of my makeup cabinet.
I'm glad someone brought this up! I thought something was wrong with my sample! Mine is actually uneven from the moment I put it on, even if I layer it. My lips look darker in the middle and around the edges with naked areas in between. Not a good look! I also agree that it is drying. Maybe it's just the gel type formula that I'm not a fan of? Has anyone tried a great stain with the same consistency as the stainiac?

Okay, is it just the Birchbox website is not working with my phone today, or are all Shea Terra and Caudalie products out of stock? Also, the Color Club Wanderlust set? None of the items I've looked at today have an Add to Cart Button. Is anyone else having this problem?

Quote: Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, is it just the Birchbox website is not working with my phone today, or are all Shea Terra and Caudalie products out of stock? Also, the Color Club Wanderlust set? None of the items I've looked at today have an Add to Cart Button. Is anyone else having this problem?
the shea terra items i clicked on are available, african black soap bar and black soap pore cleanser

wanderlust collection is still available

the first 3 Caudalie items i clicked on were available

sounds like it might be a browser problem.

beautysage has the shea terra products and has a 1 day code "BDT" for 20% off and free shipping And the shea terra website still has a 30% off your entire purchase with code oct2013

Quote: Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I got the Stainiac sample last year and I recently rediscovered it a few months ago and I've been trying to use it more. I think the main thing that bothers me is the squelching sound. Gross. lol

Top picture is with about 7 layers?

Bottom is with a clear gloss on top.

I don't have naturally light or pink lips but I can layer it on to build a brighter color. I usually like about 2-3 layers to get a good tint, but I built it up to see how bright I could go. I think the key thing to this product is to exfoliate a little before applying (cuz I sure didn't lol) and I start on dry lips. I don't swipe it on, I dab some on and pat it in with my fingers. I think most of the color comes off if you just swipe it on with your finger, or you get  a color ring or something. I don't think it look as good when you layer too much, but it's great for a good tint of color. But it's not super long lasting either. 

Just my two cents~

Thank you for this post!  When I tried my Stainiac I couldn't see what the big fuss was about - it was unnoticeable even with 2 coats.  But then I read your tip about dabbing instead of swiping.  Once I tried that I love this product!  I have used it every morning since to give my lips a little color in the morning (not big on makeup for workdays).  Once it dries I put some Mox lip balm on top and its absolutely perfect for a boring office day. 

11a.gif

Latest posts

Back