(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by jlcjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi all! I am new here! I have a question about BB box numbers. How do you know what number you are receiving? Where is that info?

Thanks!
Welcome!

Quote: Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Generalissima /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  A little OT but my kitty Mr. Dribbles stole my Birchbox as soon as it got here...guess he has good taste
smilehappyyes.gif

Looks like my Geep:

Ah...gettin' comfy!

So cute!

Quote: Originally Posted by JennG315 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Generalissima /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  A little OT but my kitty Mr. Dribbles stole my Birchbox as soon as it got here...guess he has good taste
smilehappyyes.gif

He's so handsome! 
cat.gif
 I usually don't throw the tissue paper away I save them for gifting. My kitty loves playing with the tissue. I ball-it-up in my hand with a little catnip in it & he goes crazy! 
roflmao.gif

Aww what a cutie!

Quote: Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by JennG315 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

He's so handsome! 
cat.gif
 I usually don't throw the tissue paper away I save them for gifting. My kitty loves playing with the tissue. I ball-it-up in my hand with a little catnip in it & he goes crazy! 
roflmao.gif

Awwww he's so adorable!! I do the same thing with the tissue paper but no catnip required. Plus it's more digestible than the plastic bags he seems to be attracted to.

Too cute!

The Birchbox Bonus Shop now has the Ruffian Matte Topcoat free with purchase of the Ruffian Crowdsourced Collection. Promo Code RUFFIANMATTECOAT. I've been stalking the Bonus Shop hoping for a better GWP than the shower gel before I place my next order.

I realized I never posted my box pictures this month. I finally found my camera lens cap... exactly where I'd looked for it 12 times before. *SHAME* The only difference was it was super bright / early morning so I could pick it out from the stupid pattern on the rug. UGH.

Anyway:

I'm just not really interested in any of this month's products in general. I'll probably try them anyway...eventually.

I didn't look through the other boxes (and from the pictures I saw I was also meh) so it's not box envy. I just need a birchbox break, I think. But looking through my past months, I actually saw a noticeable decline in my satisfaction with the boxes/matching since they switched to the new logo. I was content or very much liked pretty much every box save the intro box I got. Since the switch in June or so, I've been unhappy. Oh well. Just waiting for my year to be up at this point... hopefully they'll at least give me reasonably good boxes for the next few.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I realized I never posted my box pictures this month. I finally found my camera lens cap... exactly where I'd looked for it 12 times before. *SHAME* The only difference was it was super bright / early morning so I could pick it out from the stupid pattern on the rug. UGH.

Anyway:

I'm just not really interested in any of this month's products in general. I'll probably try them anyway...eventually.

I didn't look through the other boxes (and from the pictures I saw I was also meh) so it's not box envy. I just need a birchbox break, I think. But looking through my past months, I actually saw a noticeable decline in my satisfaction with the boxes/matching since they switched to the new logo. I was content or very much liked pretty much every box save the intro box I got. Since the switch in June or so, I've been unhappy. Oh well. Just waiting for my year to be up at this point... hopefully they'll at least give me reasonably good boxes for the next few.
This was my DREAM box!

I realized I never posted my box pictures this month. I finally found my camera lens cap... exactly where I'd looked for it 12 times before. *SHAME* The only difference was it was super bright / early morning so I could pick it out from the stupid pattern on the rug. UGH. Anyway: I'm just not really interested in any of this month's products in general. I'll probably try them anyway...eventually.  I didn't look through the other boxes (and from the pictures I saw I was also meh) so it's not box envy. I just need a birchbox break, I think. But looking through my past months, I actually saw a noticeable decline in my satisfaction with the boxes/matching since they switched to the new logo. I was content or very much liked pretty much every box save the intro box I got. Since the switch in June or so, I've been unhappy. Oh well. Just waiting for my year to be up at this point... hopefully they'll at least give me reasonably good boxes for the next few.
Give the Liz Earle a try! It's honestly one of the best cleansers I have ever used. The muslin cloth is really cool too. I have sensitive skin and I have been using it every day without any issues.

Quote: Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm so glad you guys are asking about the extra points because I forgot to check until just now!  I ordered the Gimme in Med/Dark on 10/15, and didn't get the extra points.  My order total was $98 and I only got 98 points.  Just sent an email to CS. 
@AMaas I just heard back from them.  They updated my point total right away! There must be some errors in the system for that.  Hopefully it's as easy for you as it was for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by samvanz12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @AMaas I just heard back from them.  They updated my point total right away! There must be some errors in the system for that.  Hopefully it's as easy for you as it was for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
@samvanz12 Let's hope so!  I sent them an email yesterday.  Thanks for the update! 

Anyway:

I love that box!!

I'm loving all the furbabies!! It gives me another excuse to get Birchbox (But honey, Whiskers needs a new box to play with!!)

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyway:

This was my DREAM box!

Me too!

Quote: Originally Posted by QueenJane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't know if this helps but....

I get my brows done at a benefit bar.  My tech actually recommended the lighter color for me, more of a neutral since I don't really need the color. I have very dark down hair/brows.

And hey, if you tried the light and didn't like it...send it back!
I'm actually getting mine done this Saturday at a brow bar! I'm hoping they'll have it there and I can test out the colors and figure out if the darker one (which I ordered) is better for me or not.

Quote: Originally Posted by basementsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm actually getting mine done this Saturday at a brow bar! I'm hoping they'll have it there and I can test out the colors and figure out if the darker one (which I ordered) is better for me or not.

If this helps- I have really dark brows and I use the darker color with the Gimme Brow, I've tried and own both colors.  The light just doesn't show up at all and doesn't look like I've done anything.  However, with the brow-zing stuff, I use the medium color, the dark stuff gives me scary brows.  I'd like to even try the lighter version of it, the dark wax is sometimes a little too much!

I don't understand BB's logic with the two codes they sent today. The first was 50pts for $35 purchase on any October products. The second was 35pts for $35 of Liz Earle only. But Liz Earle is an October product so why would anyone use that second code?!

Quote: Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't understand BB's logic with the two codes they sent today. The first was 50pts for $35 purchase on any October products. The second was 35pts for $35 of Liz Earle only. But Liz Earle is an October product so why would anyone use that second code?!

I was thinking this too- I saw it was from Birchbox and so wanted something to be a new GWP without a code!  Come to me Folle de Joie, Pick Two, extra points, and some GWP! 

If this helps- I have really dark brows and I use the darker color with the Gimme Brow, I've tried and own both colors.  The light just doesn't show up at all and doesn't look like I've done anything.  However, with the brow-zing stuff, I use the medium color, the dark stuff gives me scary brows.  I'd like to even try the lighter version of it, the dark wax is sometimes a little too much!
I'm happy to hear this! My credit card with a rewards program did a $10 back on a $20 purchase from HSN so I ordered it from there haha it should arrive this week. I have dark hair but sometimes 'dark' shade looks weird on me so I go with medium.. Sounds like the dark will work. Can't wait to try it, I always do my brows!

Quote: Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was thinking this too- I saw it was from Birchbox and so wanted something to be a new GWP without a code!  Come to me Folle de Joie, Pick Two, extra points, and some GWP!
I was hoping the same thing... I want Folle de Joie so bad! But I refuse to pay $98 for perfume.

Latest posts

Back