(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Poll Answer: No. I bought the Vasanti Brighten Up Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator scrub last October. I think it was $36. That's about as high as I'm willing to go, and that stuff is da bomb. It gets rid of the rough skin along my jawline, it dramatically reduces my breakouts, it exfoliates but actually reduces the natural redness of my face. I love it, and I need to buy more.
I thought I was the only person in the world who gets rough dry skin around my jaw line,yet still breaks out.I love the Vasanti too! I use it  3 times a week,great stuff! 

Poll answer: NO...unless I had $80  in points

My box seems to be taking forever to get to me this month. I got tracking on 10/7 and it hasn't updated since then.

can someone who also received the Noya lip balm from ipsy comment on how the chapstick compares? i'm pretty particular about texture, and really only use the Noya and my Fresh Sugar Plum.. I'd rather pass the chapstick along to a family member without trying it if I can =) TIA!
The Noya and Fresh are similar in texture but I don't know if I would compare the Chapstick. It has a better formula than original chapstick and tastes better in my opinion. I think from the texture the Chapstick might require less reapplication but definitely not as instantly moisturizing as Fresh and Noya.

For those who got the Staniac, what do you think about it? I found it uneven and didn't like the color, but I also could be doing something wrong. I'm not very adept when it comes to makeup. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Snolili /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  For those who got the Staniac, what do you think about it? I found it uneven and didn't like the color, but I also could be doing something wrong. I'm not very adept when it comes to makeup. 
I was not impressed with it, i love my benetint and I just did not see the colors appear until after like 5 applications and layering. I also didnt like how long it lasted, it wasn't staining as powerfully as I would like.

I thought it applied evenly only with some sort of control on my part. I liked the color but the staying power was awful. I could just wipe it off.

Another newbie question -- we can review what we got for points, right? How do we do that? Just go to the product page?

I tried it on my lips, briefly, and liked it. I don't know about staying power, yet. I really didn't like it on my cheeks. It stained unevenly and a weird color, and it looked weird.

Quote: Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I tried it on my lips, briefly, and liked it. I don't know about staying power, yet. I really didn't like it on my cheeks. It stained unevenly and a weird color, and it looked weird.
I had good luck with it on my cheeks -- subtle, but I have fair skin which helps it show up easier.  I can see how it may be harder to notice on other skin tones.  It went on evenly enough over my BB cream.  I think it will be prefect for a "no makeup" look!

Another newbie question -- we can review what we got for points, right? How do we do that? Just go to the product page?
Yep, click "Write a Review" from the product page.  You may want to click through to the product page from the "Box" page so you go to the right one.  You have until the 10th of the following month to do them.

Got my box today!! This is my second month with birchbox, and I have to say, I am really impressed! I used to LOVE ipsy, but the last few months my ipsy bags have been meh. Almost everything that I've gotten in my first two birchboxes is stuff that I will use, and their points system is awesome! Time to step it up, ipsy.

!!!! Finally

YAYAYYA. and the 20% off is nice too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

!!!! Finally

I'm annoyed because I contacted them via email about the missing Erno Laszlo GWP, and they gave me 100 BB points. That doesn't seem like adequate compensation for an item that is worth over $100. I just called them, and they said they were very sorry, but the best they could do is give me the 100 points, and send me a "mystery sample pack." Oh well. Not very happy with BB right now. This is not the first time this has happened to me.

Quote: Originally Posted by JennGrace /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm annoyed because I contacted them via email about the missing Erno Laszlo GWP, and they gave me 100 BB points. That doesn't seem like adequate compensation for an item that is worth over $100. I just called them, and they said they were very sorry, but the best they could do is give me the 100 points, and send me a "mystery sample pack." Oh well. Not very happy with BB right now. This is not the first time this has happened to me.
It's a GWP, so it's free. They're not going to give you $100 for something that's free.

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

!!!! Finally
darn! of course they made an iphone app when i finally switched to droid.

So I cancelled my Ipsy last month and resubscribed to Birchbox because I was annoyed with the shipping and the things I have been sent.  So flash forward to Birchbox and my tracking hasn't updated since the 12th and it was supposed to be here the 16th.  I didn't get it today either.  So I called Birchbox and they are sending me a replacement box that is going to take about 10 business days.  I must have bad luck with shipping.  I was originally going to get box 32.

Quote: Originally Posted by krysmama2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I cancelled my Ipsy last month and resubscribed to Birchbox because I was annoyed with the shipping and the things I have been sent.  So flash forward to Birchbox and my tracking hasn't updated since the 12th and it was supposed to be here the 16th.  I didn't get it today either.  So I called Birchbox and they are sending me a replacement box that is going to take about 10 business days.  I must have bad luck with shipping.  I was originally going to get box 32.

Everything was delayed at least 24 and up to 48 hours since Monday was a Federal holiday. November and December will also have shipping delays.

Latest posts

Back