(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This was in my inbox this monring!  I guess they are charging $45 this time probably because the Anne Taylor event was a little crazy with how many people showed up, but you get $35 purchase credit AND a BB Benefit Birchbox that's bound to be worth the other $10... I'm tempted

[/color] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [/TR] This was in my inbox this monring!  I guess they are charging $45 this time probably because the Anne Taylor event was a little crazy with how many people showed up, but you get $35 purchase credit AND a BB Benefit Birchbox that's bound to be worth the other $10... I'm tempted
OOO I'd be all over this. I'm hoping there's one in DC

Quote: Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OOO I'd be all over this. I'm hoping there's one in DC
If there is, can you let me know?  I live in Baltimore so I never know about the DC things, even though I can 1. get there for $7 and in under an hour and 2. live closer/the same distance than a lot of areas that are still considered DC suburbs.  (I am glad that no one considers my city a DC suburb as that would be an insane insult, but I still want to know about DC events!)

Quote: Originally Posted by ShannonHey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This was in my inbox this monring!  I guess they are charging $45 this time probably because the Anne Taylor event was a little crazy with how many people showed up, but you get $35 purchase credit AND a BB Benefit Birchbox that's bound to be worth the other $10... I'm tempted

GO.  I did a Benefit Birchbox thing- I ended up spending about.. $100?  But I got so much product, and they did my brows there.  The thing about the $35 credit is that you have to spend it then.. but when I went they did my brows, then did my makeup, then told me if I bought three products with my $35 credit I'd get a free gloss (so obviously I did.. thanks, champagne).. and there were cupcakes.  It was awesome.  Oh!  And the Birchbox had a ton of deluxe samples- I'm actually still working through a few of them!

ahhhhh so jealous of everyone who can go to the Benefit event! Birchbox, you need to make your way to Atlanta (and then hire me)!!!!!

If there is, can you let me know?  I live in Baltimore so I never know about the DC things, even though I can 1. get there for $7 and in under an hour and 2. live closer/the same distance than a lot of areas that are still considered DC suburbs.  (I am glad that no one considers my city a DC suburb as that would be an insane insult, but I still want to know about DC events!)
I've met several people who commute from north of Baltimore. No idea how they can do it. I'll let you know if they have this event in DC. fingers crossed.

Gah.  I so wish this wasn't in the middle of the week.

Still waiting on my box, it looks like it will come tomorrow. Not sure how much it weighs. That event looks *amazing* -- which they had one out in SoCal. 

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You should go!!! Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Gah.  I so wish this wasn't in the middle of the week.
Pfft.  Enabler.  I wish I could, but I can't.  Boston's about an hour and a half away and I'd need to get a babysitter.  I can't justify spending that much for Benefit products.  I own most of what's available anyhow.  
lol.gif

I'm moving to MA soon..it's exciting to see there are BB events in that area. Hopefully they have more once I get there!

LOL, I think I created a run on Amazon's supply of Amika Cloud dryers, because the price went up. I ordered this morning from Sleek Hair for $99, so no worries. But I will have to keep in mind the Makeuptalk effect, when considering purchases, in future.

Now that I am going to blow dry my hair, I need to buy a thermal protector from the BB Shop with my coupon. I wanted to stick with Amika, because they are good and I love the smell, but that would make my choices the blow up spray and hair oil, I'm not sure either of those are the best choice for me. I am looking at the Beauty Protect, with it's halo of buzz, and the 12 Benefits spray, which is supposed to be arriving as a sample in my box, today.

Has anyone tried both, yet? I've been reading the reviews for 12 Benefits, and the only one that is specific about the smell, says it smells like salon. One review said that the Beauty Protect smells like cherry vanilla.

Quote: Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  LOL, I think I created a run on Amazon's supply of Amika Cloud dryers, because the price went up. I ordered this morning from Sleek Hair for $99, so no worries. But I will have to keep in mind the Makeuptalk effect, when considering purchases, in future.

Now that I am going to blow dry my hair, I need to buy a thermal protector from the BB Shop with my coupon. I wanted to stick with Amika, because they are good and I love the smell, but that would make my choices the blow up spray and hair oil, I'm not sure either of those are the best choice for me. I am looking at the Beauty Protect, with it's halo of buzz, and the 12 Benefits spray, which is supposed to be arriving as a sample in my box, today.

Has anyone tried both, yet? I've been reading the reviews for 12 Benefits, and the only one that is specific about the smell, says it smells like salon. One review said that the Beauty Protect smells like cherry vanilla.

I've used the Beauty Protect- but I use it more like a leave in conditioner and then still spray a heat protectant in it.  I use either Not Your Mother's or the TreSemme one.. both work well for me!

Edit- the Beauty Protect smells like vanilla for me, I also don't spray it, I pour it out of the bottle because the spray nozzle doesn't work and BB wasn't super willing to believe me.. so I gave up.

Quote: Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the Beauty Protector is a really good detangler, and it left my hair soft and shiny after blow drying.  The floral vanilla scent was nice too, and I am not usually a fan of scented products.  The 12 Benefits is a better conditioner and leaves my hair feeling moisturized and healthy.  It has a light "salon" smell to it, but it doesn't smell like it is supposed to be scented, per se.  Overall, I like the 12 Benefits better, but if I were getting one specifically for blow drying purposes, I would get the BP.

Quote: Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Edit- the Beauty Protect smells like vanilla for me, I also don't spray it, I pour it out of the bottle because the spray nozzle doesn't work and BB wasn't super willing to believe me.. so I gave up.

Is that was the smell is? Love it! BTW - if you go to the dollar store or the travel section just pick up a new spray bottle.

my friend who has been waiting on her box finally got it in! posting it because it's a variation i haven't seen around a lot, and the sample sizes are killer. she seems really excited abou tit.

Thank you for the educated opinions on Beauty Protect and 12 Benefits! I'm sorry for babbling so much, I have a fever, and fever brain makes me babble. 
wacko.gif
 Man, some of those smilies are really weird. There are multiple toilet smilies, and none of them belong in a post that I would ever want to read.

Quote: Originally Posted by easybreezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Also, since we are on the subject of blow dryers - I saw there is a recall for a popular cheap Conair blow dryer, in case any of you have it!

http://www.conair.com/recalls.php?cntpcID=62&id=60

OHMIGOSH.... THIS IS MY HAIR DRYER.

Thank you so so much! 
hug.gif

I just got off the phone w/their customer service/recall line, verified w/them that my dryer DOES need to be replaced.  Yikes!  I thought it was running a bit hot over the last few months...

OK, so I have to box my current one up, they'll send UPS out to get it, and then mail me a new one.  I may have to live for a week or two without a dryer... THE HORROR!  
5.gif

Latest posts

Back