(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh... I'm in need of BB shopping advice.  I have a 25% off code to use for my 25th box, and also $40 in points to spend, which means easily $65 of items... any ideas?

I'm so sad.  I ordered the Sage+Fasten rollerball set during the sale this month.  It took forever to get to me (which I don't care, the rest of my orders always come super fast) but two of the vials were open and leaked all over everything.  The hairbands I got are all gross and the samples are destroyed (welll the eyeshadow is, but the Supergoop packet is fine).  Just sent Birchbox an e-mail, but I am so disappointed - I really wanted those things.  I hope they still have some in stock! Did anyone else order the Sage+Fasten set and have trouble?
That sucks. I ordered it and it was fine.

Quote: Originally Posted by JennGrace /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Has anyone received their Erno Laszlo TransPhuse Night Serum GWP? I was supposed to get one, but it did not come with my package today. I never received an email saying they had run out. Very disappointing! 

Also, does anyone know if it was supposed to be a full size, or a sample size?

Thanks!

I just received my order today, and the Erno Laszlo Serum GWP did come with it (it is the 1oz full size). I really hope you can get it sorted out!!

I just got my 9 month code for 20% off a purchase. Does anyone know what the 12 month is? 20% also? I have a bunch of points saved up and was just wondering if I should hold up for a better discount or just get myself a little something now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Got my box 43 in today.  Got the Pop beauty in Fushia.  Excited to try the Liz Earle.  Chapstick-meh it will get used.  Not excited for foundation, as I do not use it, but happy I got a box where I can use most everything!

I rece

Has anyone received their Erno Laszlo TransPhuse Night Serum GWP? I was supposed to get one, but it did not come with my package today. I never received an email saying they had run out. Very disappointing!  Also, does anyone know if it was supposed to be a full size, or a sample size? Thanks!
I received it today and its full size. I know it was only in the bonus shop for a short time. But they should have contacted you so you could pick a new freebie. I'd call and ask if you can get something else if they're all out.

I got my box today.  Box 21.  Not super excited about it.  The foundation feels nice, but I've got 1,000 BB/CC/DD creams to use up.     https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb21

But on a positive note, I got my 16 month 25% off code!  Woohoo! 
claps.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Doused -- I gotta tell you -- I totally failed the whole low/no 'poo thing for just this reason.  I also have extremely fine hair that would get quite greasy looking and wanted to stop washing daily.  I stuck with it for about 6 weeks (I had to conditioner wash every other day to keep it looking decent for work -- just a little) and then gave up and went back to daily washing.  Dry shampoo would leave me in a big tangled and flaky mess, no matter what kind I used. I'm now back to washing most days (and every work day), but I use much less harsh shampoo (get shampoo for fine hair, not oily hair!) and make sure to use conditioner daily.  I can actually skip washing for a day without my hair looking horrible, but that's about it.

Don't want to be a downer or suggest it won't work for you, but just wanted to let you know that you probably won't wreck your hair with daily washing.  Clearly, lots of ladies here have been able to wash their hair less, and I hope it does for you.  But if you find you absolutely can't stand it -- well, except for that brief period, I've washed my hair daily for about 35 years and the washing hasn't hurt it.  Other issues (like overprocessing) have challenged me lately, but even the woman who cuts it says it's healthy despite the daily washing.

Quote: Originally Posted by TellulaBlue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have fine hair but I have a LOT, weird combo but it makes skipping a shampoo almost impossible. I tried to cut down and get through the adjustment phase , but my hair is way too oily. I made it probably 3 weeks in before my Mother asked if I was trying to capture that dirty hippie look. I tried just rinsing it with water daily and it seems that just spread the oil to the ends of my hair making the whole mess limp and disgusting.(I also experienced full blown acne all over my scalp, not just the hairline) I have found that if you use quality products that work for your hair type, daily washings do not have any negative effects.
I have found that dry shampoo gives me a bit of lift, but I have to reapply throughout the day to keep the appearance of clean hair, which just isn't worth it imo...

BTW, I am envious of all you girls that can get away with not washing and dry shampoo, seems like I could save so much time if my hair was like that!
  I have to say I'm kind of happy to hear that it might just not work. I will give it a shot, but expectations are low!

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Curious if the no 'poo-ers gym or workout daily/regularly?  How do you reduce gym funk from your hair if you don't use 'poo everyday, do you find dry shampoo is enough?

I have fine, thin, oily hair too and only occasionally skip a day of 'poo here and there, usually on the weekends.  But I find I have to soap up after a workout, my hair is so thin it sometimes looks like I've taken a shower during my workout or after a run, because I sweat so much my hair is too thin to soak up all the sweat. Lovely, isn't it?

I usually wear a hat/headbands at the gym to help keep my hair out of my face and absorb the sweat, but it makes my hair ultra stinky, I feel like I HAVE to shampoo almost daily to get rid of gym funk.  

I was wondering the same! When I work out, I SWEAT. I have always just been a sweaty person. Has never mattered my size/fitness level, those were just the genes I got. My hair would never survive through a sweaty workout and not washing!

I got both my boxes today!

Main account:

Coastal Scent eyeshadow: I've heard mixed reviews, so I'm happy to get a chance to try it. I like the colors, so I hope I like the formula.

Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion: Not one of the items I was really hoping for, but I'll try it.

Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls: I got the Jelly Soft curls a few months back and liked that. I'm anxious to see how this compares.

Pop Beauty lip gloss: Meh. I feel like I'm past the age where I can carry around bright pink lip gloss and be taken seriously. I'll keep this in my make-up bag to use on my 4 year old when she asks me to put lipstick on her.

Second Account:

12 Benefit Hair Treatment: I've heard good things about this, so I'm excited to try it out.

DFF Serum: Not one of the items I was really hoping for, but I'll give it a try

Karuna Clarifying Mask: I always love to try a new face mask.

Stainiac: I got this in my other account the last time they sent it out. I loved it, used it up, and bought a full size. This one will be perfect to keep in my purse to use on the go.

And of course the Chapstick in both boxes. I'm a lip balm addict, so I'll use them for sure.

Even though I did get two good boxes, I'm disappointed because the one thing I really, really wanted to try was the Liz Earle cleanser. So I used my points to buy it and have that on the way along with a full size of the Klorane dry shampoo and a Mystery Pick 2!

So I'm sure this question has been asked umpteen times, but what do I do if my box has absolutely nothing in it that shows on my box page. Never had this happen before.

Quote: Originally Posted by cskeiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ahhh... I'm in need of BB shopping advice.  I have a 25% off code to use for my 25th box, and also $40 in points to spend, which means easily $65 of items... any ideas?
What kind of products do you want to buy!? skincare, hair care or makeup!? 

I'm so sad.  I ordered the Sage+Fasten rollerball set during the sale this month.  It took forever to get to me (which I don't care, the rest of my orders always come super fast) but two of the vials were open and leaked all over everything.  The hairbands I got are all gross and the samples are destroyed (welll the eyeshadow is, but the Supergoop packet is fine).  Just sent Birchbox an e-mail, but I am so disappointed - I really wanted those things.  I hope they still have some in stock! Did anyone else order the Sage+Fasten set and have trouble?
Yes. Unfortunately my order got messed up and when they finally got back to me about it I was told that they were sold out and couldn't send it to me now. I'm pretty bummed out right now and have been feeling down since I heard that. I'd been wanting to try that set for ages...

Quote: Originally Posted by EmpressMelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes. Unfortunately my order got messed up and when they finally got back to me about it I was told that they were sold out and couldn't send it to me now. I'm pretty bummed out right now and have been feeling down since I heard that. I'd been wanting to try that set for ages...
Oh no!  I was afraid that's what the answer was going to be.  So disappointing... 

Not sure if this has already been asked, but did they send out the Alison Raffaele foundation in any color OTHER than skintone 3?  It's a little too dark and a little too yellow for me.  I'm a pale pink person. I could probably make it work, and I'd like to try it out (and the packaging is so tiny and cute and darling), but if samples are floating around out there in skintone 2 then I'd be happy to try and find it.

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my box 43 in today.  Got the Pop beauty in Fushia.  Excited to try the Liz Earle.  Chapstick-meh it will get used.  Not excited for foundation, as I do not use it, but happy I got a box where I can use most everything!

this is the box i got. what shade is your foundation? they sent me shade 3.... and I'm probably a shade 1. lol.

On another note I got the Dermablend foundation in Taupe(a tan warm shade) and I'm a sand beige(light/golden). Any gorgeous tanned ladies get a shade too light for them?

Quote: Originally Posted by Generalissima /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  A little OT but my kitty Mr. Dribbles stole my Birchbox as soon as it got here...guess he has good taste
smilehappyyes.gif

Oh my goodness...these pics are adorable! 

Latest posts

Back