(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Erm...I don't actually work out per-se.

I mean, in my mind I do.

What?
Ha! No judgement.  I workout mostly to stay sane.  I think it's a huge stress reducer.

Just curious how everyone deals with sweaty gym funk hair.  

october is my 6th month - will i get a code this month? the only one i've gotten was for my first month =/

On the hair thing: anyone have any remedies I haven't tried for dandruff?  My hair doesn't get oily anymore (finally. just my bangs, and only because I keep touching them because I'm growing those suckers out.)- it's just really dry, despite my frequent attempts at leave in conditioner, deep conditioning, keratin oil.. etc.. but of course, those things don't go on my scalp, which is where the problem lies.  My dermatologist recommended this shampoo that was $100.00 for an 8 oz bottle (no thank you!  I'm a poor recent graduate- I'm willing to spend some money but surely not that much!)- but I just can't take the plunge.  The first bottle was free, but it's gone now.  And it smelled like I was putting noxious fumes into my hair.. think paint thinner.  My color treated hair is just not going to enjoy that.
I was having mega dry scalp issues & started taking fish oil tablets. It's helped a ton...

Quote: Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On the hair thing: anyone have any remedies I haven't tried for dandruff?  My hair doesn't get oily anymore (finally. just my bangs, and only because I keep touching them because I'm growing those suckers out.)- it's just really dry, despite my frequent attempts at leave in conditioner, deep conditioning, keratin oil.. etc.. but of course, those things don't go on my scalp, which is where the problem lies.  My dermatologist recommended this shampoo that was $100.00 for an 8 oz bottle (no thank you!  I'm a poor recent graduate- I'm willing to spend some money but surely not that much!)- but I just can't take the plunge.  The first bottle was free, but it's gone now.  And it smelled like I was putting noxious fumes into my hair.. think paint thinner.  My color treated hair is just not going to enjoy that.

A ton! Totally depends on your hair type which product you'll love but there are so many hair/scalp refreshers out there. My hair has always been baby fine and really dense so it damages easily but also gets greasy very fast - annoying for workouts I can't schedule on non shower days lol. Water alone does nothing but make it look greasier  for me and I feel dry shampoo doesn't help soothe scalp, I can't layer it too much since it irritates. So this should qualify me a bit to make some suggestions lol

You can try Sta-Sof-Fro hair and scalp spray, Deva makes one called Mister Right, Aveda has Scalp Remedy, SheaMoisture makes Scalp Elixir, and BumbleBumble makes Hair Tonic. I name a couple that would probably be safe for color but you can also try making your own, I just don't bother experimenting too much since it's not that pricey and I like knowing it's color safe...I currently use Hair Tonic after showering and spritz post work out into scalp area and the travel size has lasted me a good 2 months, still 1/3 full.

Quote: Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I weight lift- I lift the bottle of wine/beer and pour it into a glass.. I of course repeat this process once or twice a night, and then much more frequently lifting the glass to my lips.  I work out 7 times a week this way!  You should see my guns! 
wink.gif

Yesssssssss. 
beer.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jbird1175 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was having mega dry scalp issues & started taking fish oil tablets. It's helped a ton...

Hmmm... maybe I'll have to do that- weird question.. I've heard conflicting issues with fish oil tablets.. can you tell me the brand and how many and whatnot?  I've heard that people get fishy breath from taking it.. and I don't want that hahaha

Quote: Originally Posted by kira685 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  october is my 6th month - will i get a code this month? the only one i've gotten was for my first month =/

I got a 20 % off today for my six month.   

Quote: Originally Posted by barbyechick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A ton! Totally depends on your hair type which product you'll love but there are so many hair/scalp refreshers out there. My hair has always been baby fine and really dense so it damages easily but also gets greasy very fast - annoying for workouts I can't schedule on non shower days lol. Water alone does nothing but make it look greasier  for me and I feel dry shampoo doesn't help soothe scalp, I can't layer it too much since it irritates. So this should qualify me a bit to make some suggestions lol

You can try Sta-Sof-Fro hair and scalp spray, Deva makes one called Mister Right, Aveda has Scalp Remedy, SheaMoisture makes Scalp Elixir, and BumbleBumble makes Hair Tonic. I name a couple that would probably be safe for color but you can also try making your own, I just don't bother experimenting too much since it's not that pricey and I like knowing it's color safe...I currently use Hair Tonic after showering and spritz post work out into scalp area and the travel size has lasted me a good 2 months, still 1/3 full.

Omgosh.  I haven't tried any of these products.  Thank you so much girl!  I'll have to try all of them.  Or maybe just one at a time until I find my HG product for my dang scalp.

Anyone know if there's any hope of the Amika dryer GWP coming back? I was waiting for my 13 month code to place an order, but when I got it this afternoon the mini dryer had disappeared from my cart. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How do you get on the email list for promotions/points reward codes?

I am on my 5 or 6th month now, and I've never received any codes, and I keep seeing online how people get a 3 month code even. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't see anywhere to sign up for these emails, am I missing it, or do I need to do something specific with customer service?

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got a 20 % off today for my six month.   
thanks, I actually got the email a little while after posting too =)

I just got a 25% off for 13 months.  13 months seems kind of random, but I'll take it! Haha!  Do they ever do more than 25% off anniversary codes, or is 25% the max we've seen?

My box is scheduled to arrive today.

I also got my 13 month code, which isn't working yet. Not that I was going to use it right away, since the Amika travel size dryer deal is gone, and both of the Amika dryers in the shop are out-of-stock. I'm a little peeved that I waited for my code. Who knows when they are going to restock the dryers. Maybe by my 16 month anniversary, but with winter making me have a very cold head and a sinus infection, I am going to need to buy a dryer before then!

I wonder if I can convince my husband that a $100 hair dryer is a necessity? Yeah right. 

I got a 25% off code for my 13 mo anniversary and I can't find anything I want to buy, lol. Maybe I can find something for a gift...not in the mood to shop...what is wrong with me?! I may need medical attention!

Got my 25% 13th month code ^.^ Just thinking about what I'd want to use it on... Nothing has been grabbing my attention lately, and I pretty much feel like this is the end for me and BB. : Sigh I'll let my account expire on the 16th month (when I'll get another code) and cash out my points then... as for right now. I guess I should dig around the shop a little.

My box is scheduled to arrive today. I also got my 13 month code, which isn't working yet. Not that I was going to use it right away, since the Amika travel size dryer deal is gone, and both of the Amika dryers in the shop are out-of-stock. I'm a little peeved that I waited for my code. Who knows when they are going to restock the dryers. Maybe by my 16 month anniversary, but with winter making me have a very cold head and a sinus infection, I am going to need to buy a dryer before then! I wonder if I can convince my husband that a $100 hair dryer is a necessity? Yeah right. 
I convinced Mr. Lucky that I needed a $150 flat iron and now I've told him I need a $200 blow dryer. I will probably get it for Christmas.

Quote: Originally Posted by tencentblues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Anyone know if there's any hope of the Amika dryer GWP coming back? I was waiting for my 13 month code to place an order, but when I got it this afternoon the mini dryer had disappeared from my cart. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
This is the saddest.  I was waiting for an October code.

Latest posts

Back