(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  >.< Sorry I was still on the last page when I started this reply so I just saw this! No more O/T

So HOW ABOUT 'EM BIRCHBOXES THIS MONTH

also, does anyone know if you get your 13th month gift/code if you started out with a gift sub? >: I don't want to be a bother since I don't exactly have things on my WL right now, but if I got a 25% code I would definitely buy something...
You. crack. me. up
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jkfinl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

R there any lip glosses that AREN'T sticky?
I like naked princess, it has almond oil in it so its a slight plumper and makes it smell AMAZING, and the colors are very natural looking. got a sample of it from BB last year and got a full size with points. Not sticky at all IMO.

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/naked-princess-lip-gloss

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I like naked princess, it has almond oil in it so its a slight plumper and makes it smell AMAZING, and the colors are very natural looking. got a sample of it from BB last year and got a full size with points. Not sticky at all IMO.

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/naked-princess-lip-gloss
I second this. Naked princess also tastes amazing XD;; err if you don't eat it. Don't eat your lip gloss

I don't like lipglosses enough to shell out for the price though, but I do like this product

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not a fan. I don't think it plays nicely with my oily skin and forget finding a good shade match. The packaging is adorable although it's pretty comical how little product they give you considering the money and thought that probably went into the external trappings.
I bet you a large group of people sat around getting paid a lot of money to figure out how to make a sample that was appealing but doesn't last so long that noone buys the full-size.  

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I second this. Naked princess also tastes amazing XD;; err if you don't eat it. Don't eat your lip gloss

I don't like lipglosses enough to shell out for the price though, but I do like this product
I don't think I'd use points on it now, because of how expensive it is. But after trying the sample i just HAD to have it. i was convinced they put drugs in it because as soon as i finished my sample i went and ordered more. i think my turn around time for ordering after sampling it was quicker than it was for the suki exfoliator BAHA.

Since I fell in love with my very 1st Birchbox from last month I decided to open a 2nd account...
Original Account: I'm pretty happy with this box. I had a feeling that they were going to send out the "Liz Earle" OR "dr. brandt" so I was hoping I would end up with both but instead I got dr. brandt in both boxes!
bowl2.gif
 Hopefully I can't trade one off for the Liz Earle!!!
help.gif
LOL   

2nd account: 
kopfkratz.gif
...I ended up with another Ruffian nail polish & I already have the 3 colors they gave out last month so that will definitely be up for trade. The "Half up" hair accessorie I believe  they also gave those out before that will be up for trade as well.

bear with me y'all, i'm moving ALL discussion about meanings of words with negative cultural implications in to its own topic. i don't want people to continue to enter the topic, see new posts about it, and keep bringing it back up, so i'm just moving everything so discussion isn't hindered. i'll post a link when everyings ready, it's only letting me move posts one at a time for some reason so bear with me.

I'm so jelly of everyone that already has their boxes... The 16th seems so far!

I have benetint in rose and really love it. What's the comparison to stainiac for anyone who has tried both?

any and all discussion about implications of words with negative cultural stereotypes will be continued in this topic

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/138397/words-having-negative-culture-connotations

it's not fair for anyone who has anything to say to be silenced about it/or not have the opportunity to defend themselves, and it's not fair for BB subbers to keep reading it (even though i am quite enjoying it)

ALSO if someone has a better name for the thread just PM me, i was trying to come up with something short and descriptive really fast.

I really wanted to love the stainiac but it doesn't show up on my lips.. Maybe I'll need to add a second layer of it.

So how does using the Staniac on the cheeks work if you wear face makeup?  It seems like if you put it on before foundation/BB Cream that it would get covered up but that if you put it on after that it would get muddy mixing with the face makeup?  

Quote: Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really wanted to love the stainiac but it doesn't show up on my lips.. Maybe I'll need to add a second layer of it.
Me too.  I tried two separate times and the second time I did 3 coats and it was still barely noticeable - and it was gone by the end of the first hour.  It didn't work as a cheek stain at all.  So disappointed.  I got one in each of my two subs and I really wanted to like it!

So not terribly on topic but figure since all of you ladies are so good at discovery and have been doing the birchbox thing for awhile, maybe one of you might have input... so I've never been great at the "girl" thing mostly because my mom never taught me and was always more of a tomboy and had other tomboy girlfriends, but something I've always been curious about...

I have really fine, thin, oily hair/scalp, though it does respond well to heat and with certain products will at least look good throughout the day on a simple blow out. But I've always heard not to wash your hair daily. But with oily hair, if I don't wash daily, it looks greasy (so I don't skip). But supposedly this is damaging. I color my hair, and wash daily (with crap shampoo to boot... because if I'm washing daily, not going to spend extra money on something that will need replacing often) and my hair is seemingly healthy. Minimal split ends, shiny, mostly soft except when the thin/fine part kicks in and it's slightly tangly, but should I be looking into ways to cut down on washing regardless? Could this potentially be damaging in the long run? Or does this just not apply to those with oily hair?

Sorry for the off topic questions, if anyone has insight, would be much appreciated!

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So not terribly on topic but figure since all of you ladies are so good at discovery and have been doing the birchbox thing for awhile, maybe one of you might have input... so I've never been great at the "girl" thing mostly because my mom never taught me and was always more of a tomboy and had other tomboy girlfriends, but something I've always been curious about...

I have really fine, thin, oily hair/scalp, though it does respond well to heat and with certain products will at least look good throughout the day on a simple blow out. But I've always heard not to wash your hair daily. But with oily hair, if I don't wash daily, it looks greasy (so I don't skip). But supposedly this is damaging. I color my hair, and wash daily (with crap shampoo to boot... because if I'm washing daily, not going to spend extra money on something that will need replacing often) and my hair is seemingly healthy. Minimal split ends, shiny, mostly soft except when the thin/fine part kicks in and it's slightly tangly, but should I be looking into ways to cut down on washing regardless? Could this potentially be damaging in the long run? Or does this just not apply to those with oily hair?

Sorry for the off topic questions, if anyone has insight, would be much appreciated!
This might not be the answer you were looking for but have you looked in to dry shampooing on the days you don't wash? I was a huge skeptic at first because my hair gets super oily quickly too (it's not fine, but omg does it get oily), so I was obsessed with ALWAYS washing it. But, dry shampoo makes all the difference! Birchbox sells a few different ones too, Klorane is nice.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the same exact problem. I still wash every other day because I don't want to completely rob my hair of moisture. Dry shampoo doesn't make my hair look or feel clean at all (and I've tried dozens of them), or, at least not clean like it would look if I had washed it. I just put my hair up on the second day and deal with having a ponytail. 

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This might not be the answer you were looking for but have you looked in to dry shampooing on the days you don't wash? I was a huge skeptic at first because my hair gets super oily quickly too (it's not fine, but omg does it get oily), so I was obsessed with ALWAYS washing it. But, dry shampoo makes all the difference! Birchbox sells a few different ones too, Klorane is nice.
You know, I have tried it. But maybe I didn't give it a fair shot. Kind of funny when I was using it... I was living in my car for half a year during college because rent was insanely expensive, and I had to work every Sunday, but the gym I showered at wasn't open until after I had to be at work, so I would use dry shampoo. I never used a blow dryer or product afterwards because it was always done at work, so maybe it would have a better effect. It got rid of the greasiness, but it still looked really flat and lifeless. I should try that again to see....

Quote: Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the same exact problem. I still wash every other day because I don't want to completely rob my hair of moisture. Dry shampoo doesn't make my hair look or feel clean at all (and I've tried dozens of them), or, at least not clean like it would look if I had washed it. I just put my hair up on the second day and deal with having a ponytail. 
My hair is too short!! That and I do not have the head/face for updos. =o(

Out of curiosity, when you skip washing, do you rinse your hair at all with water, or do you throw it up and keep it dry?

The fake up sample is roughly 1/10th the size of the full size, not sure if the full tube is just really small, or there is more product inside the sample tube than will roll up. I want to dig in to see, but I know the sample won't last too long before I'll be able to tell anyway. Either way this might be the first time I really wanted to try a product before Birchbox sampled it (and I also managed to get it in a box)

Latest posts

Back