(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just gifted myself a second sub last month, and i have been getting so many shampoo conditioners from both boxes. davines, beauty protector, the shea butter, number 4.... I love haircare, but i want the amika products/ blow out sprays etc... not more shampoo and conditioner. i wonder if they can help me orient my profile that way....

Quote: Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I used my 10% off code for the Superstars Sephora Favorites set. I think it is the best non-fragrance Sephora Favorites they've ever put out! Got it today and <3 it. My only concern is that my lash extension from Too Faced (step 2 in the white tube) seems to be completely dry. I doubt it is supposed to be that way, but as I've never tried it, I don't know for sure.

Oh, and I kind of want the lip tar minis too, but I'm not so sure about all 4 colors. I'm thinking of getting the lip tar with matching polish combo instead, when I can decide which to try first and get enough money for it, that is.
The amazing thing about the lip tars is that you can mix them, so if one shade isn't necessarily right for you, you can kind of play around and mix different shades to get something that's perfect for you. I'm so glad they finally came out with minis too! Those things are SOOOOO pigmented that it only takes a tiny drop of product to keep insane color, therefor making it impossible to get through an entire full-size (at least for me).

Is anyone else noticing it's taking longer and longer to get their Birchboxes?  Even assuming the Columbus Day holiday - mines not scheduled to get here until the 16th.  It wasn't shipped until Friday.  Maybe I'm less worry since I have an annual and they already got my money? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Each month a day or two has been added to the time I get my box.  Removing the holiday puts it at the 15th.  Last month, I got it on the 14th and the month before the 13th.  At first, I was getting them by the 10th.

Well, I'll probably get yet another pack of face creams anyway.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  One month had nothing but tubes of facial creams/moisturizers.  None of them are of course large enough to do long enough to see if they work for most of them.  BTW, I think I've completed their collection of shampoo/conditioner packs too.  I haven't gotten makeup or perfume in months.

I used my 10% off code for the Superstars Sephora Favorites set. I think it is the best non-fragrance Sephora Favorites they've ever put out! Got it today and <3 it. My only concern is that my lash extension from Too Faced (step 2 in the white tube) seems to be completely dry. I doubt it is supposed to be that way, but as I've never tried it, I don't know for sure. Oh, and I kind of want the lip tar minis too, but I'm not so sure about all 4 colors. I'm thinking of getting the lip tar with matching polish combo instead, when I can decide which to try first and get enough money for it, that is.
The fibers are supposed to be dry. You brush them onto wet mascara and they adhere to that. Then you add another layer of mascara over the fibers. They really do give you some great lashes, but the Too Faced mascara isn't my favorite. I've started experimenting with other mascaras and the fibers as I find the Too Faced one is sticky and leaves black smudges on my brow bone and under my eyes.

got my box and I'm really happy! I got the Serious Skincare Glycolic Gommage, which I'm excited to try. Floss Gloss nail polish in Faded, which is a bluish-grey color. The foundation, which I'll try but I already have a foundation I like. I also received the karuna masks and I love trying new masks so I'm pretty happy about that, and of course the chapstick

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> sad BB girl today. Box#1 disappeared into a USPS black hole last Tuesday (should have been delivered Thursday) and box#2 tracking never went live. If they don't show up Tuesday, I will have to call CS. What are the odds that 2 boxes would go missing in one month?

My birchbox should be here today! I'm so excited! Edit: I checked the mailbox and it's here!
The perfume smells amaaaaaazing!

I got my box today! So unexpected but it was a nice surprise in my mailbox. Didn't think it was coming until next week! Overall pleased with the box!

got my box and I'm really happy! I got the Serious Skincare Glycolic Gommage, which I'm excited to try. Floss Gloss nail polish in Faded, which is a bluish-grey color. The foundation, which I'll try but I already have a foundation I like. I also received the karuna masks and I love trying new masks so I'm pretty happy about that, and of course the chapstick
I love trying new masks also especially paper masks. The karuna mask is amazing!! I'm definitely putting my bb points towards a box of them

lol that pen gets such a bad rep but i actually went out and bought a pack of them recently because i liked the look (i think i just have an affinity of things that are simple and white, i blame apple). plus i just use pens a lot so it was w/e for me. i literally never used the ziploc bag though. i should come up with a creative use for it. also those headphones they sent out that one time? i gave them a good faith use and they fell apart immediately BAHAH.
I used the coupon they sent with the pen and bought a pack in black ink to use at work and they are my favorite pens. I gave the pink one I got in my birchbox to my 4 year old DD that loves all things pink.

I got my box today! So unexpected but it was a nice surprise in my mailbox. Didn't think it was coming until next week! Overall pleased with the box!
Nice products!

On an actual on-topic note, I hate this chapstick, and I'm actually a good old-fashioned chapstick fan.
Me too! This Chapstick feels gross and waxy to me, and it does nothing to hydrate my lips. And I usually love Chapstick.

How are people liking the benefits fake up? I noticed there are only 3 shades??? How does it work? Is it an all over foundation, a concealer or what?

well boo.  my box marked undeliverable yesterday really must have been that.  I was hoping beyond hope that it would show up today .... but it did not :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />     now to hope i can get the same box what are the odds??  maybe i should just hope i can get a box lol

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Completely wrong. @jkfinl has it right. "Gypped" and "jipped" come from the same place: "Those damned gypsies swindled me!" It's a stereotype, and a hurtful one at that. The fact that the spelling changed doesn't matter. They are still derogatory terms even if you aren't aware of it -- and I'm speaking as someone born and raised in the US. It still means being swindled and shortchanged, and it is still rooted in the word "gypsy." That's what is so insidious about this stuff: it becomes so commonplace that people aren't even aware where something comes from. And if someone continues to use the term after being asked nicely to stop because someone feels literal pain when it is used, I will assume that the word-user is being deliberately hurtful. The sting of the word has *not* been lost. That's a point that seems to be missed here.
Agreed, it doesn't matter if the person "using" the word thinks its ok, or if they think it means something different today. The history and stigma still stands.

Anyway. I'm being a bad moderator, having actively contributed to this discussion myself because I think its important.

We should probably keep it on topic to the birchbox discussion from here on out. If anyone is interested in continuing the discussion, I would be happy to move this discussion in to a topic of its own since I think it is worthwhile to be had. Or anyone who is interested can start up a new topic, it doesn't matter.

Latest posts

Back