(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My birchbox baby is here! I'm really excited to dig in and try all these items. I don't know if I'll end up liking them all, but it's just nice to not feel like my box is dominated by hair products.

twinsies! Good thing the Liz Earl is a deluxe sample size. I haven't seen my boxes for a month now since I am out of the country. This one's I'm also looking forward to!

I am finally getting to sample Stainiac!  Yay!  I'm actually getting two, in different boxes of course. Last month's box was so amazing that I picked up another sub under my husband's E-mail.  I kept the second one through this month because it is my Birthday month.  But that box looks to contain two items I got in last month's box (Beauty Protect shampoo and conditioner).  And one of the items in the boxes, the Chapstick is obviously going to be in both boxes.  So there is only one item in the second box that is going to be unique to me.  Those who have multiple boxes, do you find you get a lot of duplicates?  I know a lot of you do trading, too.  But I was hoping to get two vastly different boxes like last month.  Still, I think BB is improving so much here lately!
I've had 2 boxes for 4 months now and have never had dupe products in both boxes in a particular month. (Unless it's like the Chapstick where every box gets one). I just made my profiles vastly different. Particularly income and age. I'm very happy with my 2 subs 😄 Now I hope I just didn't jinx myself!!

Anyone else go to review the Chapstick and there's no box to type what you think of the sample? I filled out all the little dropdown boxes and got my 10 points, but I had review-typing boxes when I reviewed the perfume and the other samples, eventhough I chose Have Not Tried Sample because they're up for trade. I would have said "WTF, Birchbox? I did not subscribe to get F-ing Chapstick!"

Quote: Originally Posted by KittenZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is what I'm getting! Super excited!!
You are so lucky!  Trying not to be jealous....I will be fine as long as I like my stainiac shade.

Quote: Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone else go to review the Chapstick and there's no box to type what you think of the sample? I filled out all the little dropdown boxes and got my 10 points, but I had review-typing boxes when I reviewed the perfume and the other samples, eventhough I chose Have Not Tried Sample because they're up for trade. I would have said "WTF, Birchbox? I did not subscribe to get F-ing Chapstick!"
I think those free-form boxes are only for items that they sell in their store.  They're under the "Public Product Review" section (which I never fill out) and not the "Product Feedback" section.  They're not actually selling the Chapstick in their store.  They used to have a free-form box in the feedback section but removed it a while ago when they revamped something (can't remember what) on the site.

I think those free-form boxes are only for items that they have in their store.  They're under the "Public Product Review" section (which I never fill out) and not the "Product Feedback" section.  They're not actually selling the Chapstick in their store.  They used to have a free-form box in the feedback section but removed it a while ago when they revamped something (can't remember what) on the site.
There's 7 reviews posted for the Chapstick. 1 even says she got it in her October Birchbox. I really wanted to write my own. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

omg i am so sad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

11 Oct 2013 13:27    Package undeliverable. Contact sender    LIVONIA, MI 11 Oct 2013 08:23    Package out for post office delivery    LIVONIA, MI 11 Oct 2013 08:13    Package Sorted by local post office    LIVONIA, MI 11 Oct 2013 04:30    Received by the local post office    LIVONIA, MI 09 Oct 2013 08:03    Shipment Info Received by Post Office    DETROIT, MI   i dont get it...  both boxes out for delivery today and only received one....

Quote: Originally Posted by angiepang1e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm on the same boat as you, I thought they forgot about me!
Me too...I just checked, and I although my box is only an hour away, it will be Tuesday before it arrives due to the holiday.  Nothing wrong with the 14th though!  I was starting to worry I wouldn't be getting one this month before you mentioned the truck.  ty!

Quote: Originally Posted by CuriouslyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes, I'd like some cheese with my whine--

I've had a "Your box has shipped" email since Monday and a clicky truck, but NO shipping info on UPS.com or USPS.com.  I want my BB! 
Strangely I never got an email. I had to sign into my account and saw the truck with the tracking number. 

Quote: Originally Posted by angiepang1e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by CuriouslyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Strangely I never got an email. I had to sign into my account and saw the truck with the tracking number. 
I'm on the same boat as you, I thought they forgot about me!

My truck went clicky 2 days ago. Tonight, I finally received a shipping email. That has been the case with all 3 of my boxes this month. I think BB is holding back the shipping emails a couple of days to allow time for our boxes to start moving through the system.

Quote: Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think I might be in the minority of liking the Fakeup--I have really dry skin and try to be really good about moisturizing around my eyes (they are starting to get crepe papery with age).  I do have dark circles and while they don't provide 100% coverage, I actually like it better that way, I have never found a way to 100% cover them and not look overly made up. 

Quote: Originally Posted by alpina0560 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I bought Fakeup right after it was released, and I use it every day! I have heavy dark circles, and I completely agree with you, that there is almost no way to get them gone 100% without looking like I'm wearing a TON of makeup, and Fakeup does an amazing job for me!
I have really dark circles and use the Bobbi Brown Corrector and Concealer and they work really well. You correct first and then conceal so you use a tiny bit of each product. I also use an watts up in a pinch if I am out and have to look presentable, just a swipe where it is darkest area and blend in and it brightens everything up.

They specifically said that the Chapstick isn't taking the place of the samples you already get. In our Birchboxes, we get 4-5 samples. Take whatever other samples you got as your actual Birchbox, and this one as literally just a free extra that they threw in.

Quote: Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  YES! I want those OCC minis sooooo badly!! I'm waiting until I can get lucky and get free shipping in the Beauty Fall. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I used my 10% off code for the Superstars Sephora Favorites set. I think it is the best non-fragrance Sephora Favorites they've ever put out! Got it today and <3 it. My only concern is that my lash extension from Too Faced (step 2 in the white tube) seems to be completely dry. I doubt it is supposed to be that way, but as I've never tried it, I don't know for sure.

Oh, and I kind of want the lip tar minis too, but I'm not so sure about all 4 colors. I'm thinking of getting the lip tar with matching polish combo instead, when I can decide which to try first and get enough money for it, that is.

They specifically said that the Chapstick isn't taking the place of the samples you already get. In our Birchboxes, we get 4-5 samples. Take whatever other samples you got as your actual Birchbox, and this one as literally just a free extra that they threw in.
Totally not the point of what I was saying. My point is that Chapstick is not a high-end beauty sample and that I should be able to post my opinion of it in a product review on the Birchbox website. Everybody should, whether they like the Chapstick, or like receiving $3.99 drugstore samples in their box or they hate it. I mean, I got points for the review, so obviously it didn't take the place of another sample. When I looked at the reviews, not all of them were happy with the Chapstick, but at least all 7 of them got to post express their views, whereas it looks like nobody else can. I feel gypped because I'm used to actually posting a review, not just filling out a few dropdown boxes for a sample. I know Birchbox filters reviews as well, but to totally stop us from typing our opinion of a sample that we do get points for reviewing is kind of strange in my Birchbox experience. I've never had a reviewable sample before where there was nowhere to type what I thought of the product. Anybody know what happened? Did they get a flood of angry reviews and decide filtering them was too much trouble so they shut off the Share Your Opinion feature?

There's 7 reviews posted for the Chapstick. 1 even says she got it in her October Birchbox. I really wanted to write my own.
frown.gif

I did a written review for the Chapstick. I just did the review the first time to get the 10 points. The next day, I clicked to review again and got nothing but a box to write in since I'd already collected my points. I really wanted to say something about it since I am on the lookout for a nighttime moisturizer, but this one wasn't it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I did a written review for the Chapstick. I just did the review the first time to get the 10 points. The next day, I clicked to review again and got nothing but a box to write in since I'd already collected my points. I really wanted to say something about it since I am on the lookout for a nighttime moisturizer, but this one wasn't it.
Ok...so I just went back to look and my review isn't posted, but it did let me write and submit it. I wonder if I didn't click a box to let them publish it or something? Oh well. No biggie to me.

There's 7 reviews posted for the Chapstick. 1 even says she got it in her October Birchbox. I really wanted to write my own. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I haven't tried the sample, just to be honest here, and I was just reviewing it for points, but for me it was just click here, click here, click here, and no place to type my review, which I find frustrating because saying it's a cheap drugstore item and not a high-end sample like I expect from Birchbox is technically a review.

Latest posts

Back