(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have "Medium-Dark" selected on my profile and I received Deep (in my opinion it's more of a medium-dark shade). It's a really good match though.
hmm interesting. hopefully it will work for me!

I think I might be in the minority of liking the Fakeup--I have really dry skin and try to be really good about moisturizing around my eyes (they are starting to get crepe papery with age).  I do have dark circles and while they don't provide 100% coverage, I actually like it better that way, I have never found a way to 100% cover them and not look overly made up. 

I think your box and my box must be on the same stupid truck (I live near Berkeley). I doubt I will get mine tomorrow, it hasn't even arrived in CA yet. I think it goes to San Leandro, then gets handed off to USPS. Of course, I ordered something separately from Birchbox, and it happened to get shipped on the same day as my box, but through USPS. That one arrived yesterday. 
Neighbors! Mine just updated in San Leandro finally so hopefully we both get it tomorrow
I'm from California. I got in. I got it for 10$ without any sort of coupon/gift card. 
Thank you! So there is hope...interesting

I'm new to the forum but wanted to chime in. My box is due tomorrow and it's number 23 - https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb23

Weight is .4900

I'm actually looking forward to trying the Fakeup, POP lacquer, and I can always use more nail polish. I'm really relieved to only be getting one skincare product as I've already got a great routine. I subscribed to BB last year for about 6 months and got a little tired because I kept getting skin care. My skin is way too sensitive to be putting random stuff on it.

I got Stainiac in my box last year and although I didn't use it often enough to warrant buying full size I still thought it was awesome for cheek staining.

Yes, I'd like some cheese with my whine--

I've had a "Your box has shipped" email since Monday and a clicky truck, but NO shipping info on UPS.com or USPS.com.  I want my BB! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think I might be in the minority of liking the Fakeup--I have really dry skin and try to be really good about moisturizing around my eyes (they are starting to get crepe papery with age).  I do have dark circles and while they don't provide 100% coverage, I actually like it better that way, I have never found a way to 100% cover them and not look overly made up. 
I bought Fakeup right after it was released, and I use it every day! I have heavy dark circles, and I completely agree with you, that there is almost no way to get them gone 100% without looking like I'm wearing a TON of makeup, and Fakeup does an amazing job for me!

Quote: Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yes, I'd like some cheese with my whine--

I've had a "Your box has shipped" email since Monday and a clicky truck, but NO shipping info on UPS.com or USPS.com.  I want my BB! 
Strangely I never got an email. I had to sign into my account and saw the truck with the tracking number. 

Quote: Originally Posted by CuriouslyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Strangely I never got an email. I had to sign into my account and saw the truck with the tracking number. 
I have the tracking #, but there's no shipping info avail. 

I'm on the same boat as you, I thought they forgot about me!

Yep. I got the shade 'deep' which matches my profile. I wasn't excited about it until I saw my box in person. I was afraid of getting shampoo/conditioner packets but the bottles are 1.7 fl oz each.
I'm glad the shampoo and conditioner are a decent size. I'm getting those too.

Me too!  Doesn't really bother me, but it does seem weird aka "different than usual."

I'm getting box 18. Kinda sad I'm not getting the Liz Earle, but really excited about the dermablend illuminator! And the folle de joie perfume--finally I get to smell it! yay!!

Strangely I haven't been getting the "you're box has shipped" emails for the past few months. I am, however, getting multiple "Your cart misses you" emails.

Quote: Originally Posted by barbyechick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Neighbors! Mine just updated in San Leandro finally so hopefully we both get it tomorrow
Thank you! So there is hope...interesting
I just saw that too! Not that I have been refreshing manically or anything... 
mad.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by rouxroux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm getting box 18. Kinda sad I'm not getting the Liz Earle, but really excited about the dermablend illuminator! And the folle de joie perfume--finally I get to smell it! yay!!

Strangely I haven't been getting the "you're box has shipped" emails for the past few months. I am, however, getting multiple "Your cart misses you" emails.

I really enjoyed the perfume, not sweet or musky, just right IMO. For me, getting a perfume for the first time in like 6-7 months is refreshing.

I'm new to the forum but wanted to chime in. My box is due tomorrow and it's number 23 - https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb23

Weight is .4900

I'm actually looking forward to trying the Fakeup, POP lacquer, and I can always use more nail polish. I'm really relieved to only be getting one skincare product as I've already got a great routine. I subscribed to BB last year for about 6 months and got a little tired because I kept getting skin care. My skin is way too sensitive to be putting random stuff on it.

I got Stainiac in my box last year and although I didn't use it often enough to warrant buying full size I still thought it was awesome for cheek staining.
Welcome to the forum CuriouslyAmanda! I hope you enjoy Makeuptalk and your box! 
flowers.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Welcome to the forum CuriouslyAmanda! I hope you enjoy Makeuptalk and your box! 
flowers.gif

Thank you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @CuriouslyAmanda I love your picture.  Beautiful!!!!!!
Thanks so much!!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back