(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  YES! I want those OCC minis sooooo badly!! I'm waiting until I can get lucky and get free shipping in the Beauty Fall. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I MUST know about this...I'm about to get my first ever lip tar in a trade!
w00t.gif

My box finally updated! Box 30 with a weight of .6150

Super glad I'm getting the stainiac and the 12hair... been looking for a cheaper alternative to my current blow dry routine that still protects from the heat. Excited to try to masks because I do have spot problems with acne, and the ddf pore minimizer.... don't need the wrinkle aspect but the minimizing part I am excited to try.
This is the first birchbox I've actually loved. Woohoo!

Quote: Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

YES! I want those OCC minis sooooo badly!! I'm waiting until I can get lucky and get free shipping in the Beauty Fall. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The free shipping code is the same for anyone who wins: BFS104CB (I think only the 10% code is unique).

Quote: Originally Posted by LindaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The free shipping code is the same for anyone who wins: BFS104CB (I think only the 10% code is unique).
Sephora has something called Flash now too.... I don't know if it was invite only, but for only 10 bucks, you get a whole year of free two day shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I see you Hurraw lip balm! I love it. My favorite is the ayruvedic one that has eucalyptus and ginger. I have six of them. I think your collection looks big, because it is so well organized. Most of us have our stuff spread all over our homes and purses, so it just looks like we have less.
Ohh, thank you for mentioning this brand.  I hadn't heard of it, and I just looked it up.  I think I'll be ordering!

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my box a few days early!

I got:

Bain de Terre Macadamia Oil Nourishing Shampoo & Conditioner

Benefit Fake Up (in the correct color, thank you BB!)

Karuna Clarifying Mask 

Chapstick

The amount of product in the Fake Up is ridiculously small...

I got everything that I wanted to try. The weight was .7070

Questions: How do you like the shampoo/conditioner scent? And is there only one mask? I'm getting a similar box, so I'm curious to know about these two things. I'm also trying to make myself more excited to get them, haha. 

Quote: Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Questions: How do you like the shampoo/conditioner scent? And is there only one mask? I'm getting a similar box, so I'm curious to know about these two things. I'm also trying to make myself more excited to get them, haha. 
There's only one Karuna mask but the set is so expensive each mask is worth $7 SO BB can probably justify only sending you one

Quote: Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box pages finally updated! I'm getting dupes of 34:

-DDF Pore minimizer
-Atelier Orange Sanguine cologne
-theBalm Staniac
-Sarahpotempa The Half Up
-Chapstick

I'm excited for everything, so dupe boxes isn't too bad!
Getting same box!!

Quote: Originally Posted by arendish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been away from the world of Birchbox for a year and decided to re-sub. I forgot how much fun it is to anticipate. I'm getting Box 1, which I'm really happy about, because I love nail polish and wasn't subbed last month. I'm also 9 months pregnant, so I'm actually excited about the shampoo and conditioner samples. If I make it to Tuesday they are going to my hospital bag. It's also arriving on my birthday, so a little extra treat for me.
biggrin.gif

Congrats! Hope you have a safe and easy delivery.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Sephora has something called Flash now too.... I don't know if it was invite only, but for only 10 bucks, you get a whole year of free two day shipping.

It's $25 and it has been invite only since they rolled out the program during the summer. I know a lot of people who want it, but can't join because Sephora is being so exclusive (for no reason!) about the sign-up.

I have a quick question. Has anyone ever placed an order with BB then received your package and it was someone else's items/invoice? This happened to me yesterday. I'm hoping they'll send the correct items soon but I'm a little nervous because I had ordered the Sage + Fasten Rollerball set and I know that it ended up selling out. What will they do if they don't have it in stock?

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's $25 and it has been invite only since they rolled out the program during the summer. I know a lot of people who want it, but can't join because Sephora is being so exclusive (for no reason!) about the sign-up.
Mine was $10 ($5 after a giftcard I had for Sephora), I suspect they sent it to me to get me to do more frequent orders. I only order few and far between.   

Quote: Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my box a few days early!

I got:

Bain de Terre Macadamia Oil Nourishing Shampoo & Conditioner

Benefit Fake Up (in the correct color, thank you BB!)

Karuna Clarifying Mask 

Chapstick

The amount of product in the Fake Up is ridiculously small...

I got everything that I wanted to try. The weight was .7070

The shampoo and conditioner kinda smells like Coconut. There is only one mask.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  There's only one Karuna mask but the set is so expensive each mask is worth $7 SO BB can probably justify only sending you one

Oh, I'm not complaining about the quantity or anything. Just was curious to know how many there'd be. One is fine. 

The shampoo and conditioner kinda smells like Coconut. There is only one mask.

Okay. Thank you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am really impressed by Birchbox's CS right now. I ordered a $9 illume candle with points, and when it arrived the oils in the candle had leaked into the box, causing minor staining on the candle's decorative paper label. I emailed them just to let them know that their packaging method wasn't 100% ideal for the product, but said I didn't need a replacement or anything like that (especially since the pretty labels of my scented candles get oily and waxy with use anyway).
The rep sent me 100 points to say sorry for my trouble! This amazes me. Free candle! I'm considering a second sub now because I'm kind of in love with this company.  
claps.gif

I never got an invite. I called and asked if I could sign up, and they did. $25 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> worth it, I have to spend $350 by the end of next year for Rouge shipping. Another great thing, for $5 you can upgrade your orders to 1 day shipping.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mine was $10 ($5 after a giftcard I had for Sephora), I suspect they sent it to me to get me to do more frequent orders. I only order few and far between.   

You got a discounted price then!

I signed up, but asked for a refund when I became Rouge. Now I'm wishing I had kept it in the event that my Rouge status goes away end of next year. 

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You got a discounted price then!

I signed up, but asked for a refund when I became Rouge. Now I'm wishing I had kept it in the event that my Rouge status goes away end of next year. 
Wow!  Since they ship from Maryland (I think) I get my orders next day.  It was worth the $5 investment.  
wink.gif

I never got an invite. I called and asked if I could sign up, and they did. $25 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> worth it, I have to spend $350 by the end of next year for Rouge shipping. Another great thing, for $5 you can upgrade your orders to 1 day shipping.
I've been VIB for ages and still can't get flash. Sephora doesn't like me for some reason. Perhaps it is bc I asked one SA for a sample one time ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back