(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, do it!  It is so worth it!  It is so pretty I do not want to disturb them, at the same time, want to wear them all!  I am going to try and share them as stocking stuffers and Christmas presents (Secret Santa is coming up soon!)  My current object of lust is the OCC mini lip tars, the OCC 12 set that comes out 10/22 and the Benefit Advent calendar.  I need a second job to support my addiction!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I want to get Give Me Some More Lip from Sephora... ughhh the addiction.

Quote: Originally Posted by arendish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been away from the world of Birchbox for a year and decided to re-sub. I forgot how much fun it is to anticipate. I'm getting Box 1, which I'm really happy about, because I love nail polish and wasn't subbed last month. I'm also 9 months pregnant, so I'm actually excited about the shampoo and conditioner samples. If I make it to Tuesday they are going to my hospital bag. It's also arriving on my birthday, so a little extra treat for me.
biggrin.gif

Congratulations on your busy, busy time!  But box 1 doesn't have nail polish.  It has:

Pop Beauty lipgloss Klorane shampoo Liz Earle cleanser & cloth Chapstick
If your url looks like this:

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1

Then you're looking at the wrong url.  Everyone has that exact same url every single month.  It never changes.  Scroll down to the Box History section and hover over or click on the box image there.  It should look like this with a different number at the end:

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb1

That "different number at the end" is your actual box number.

Quote: Originally Posted by singinggal2002 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My box is posted. It is almost a complete bust. I wish I did not look...

Miss Jessie's® Original Pillow Soft Curls[SIZE=1em] [/SIZE]

Coastal Scents® Neutral Mirage Palette Set

dr. brandt® microdermabrasion skin exfoliant

POP Beauty Aqua Lacquer

​ChapStick® Hydration Lock
I'm getting that exact same box, and I'm thrilled!  At least that's as long as I don't get that second item in a shade I already have.  Then I'll just be merely very happy.

to the right of the Birchbox logo is a tab called Box.  Hover over it, click womens.  It will bring up your box.  Scroll down past the box photo until you see the box history.  The first one should be October (assuming your page updated already) Click on October 2013 and it will redirect to what box you got.  Mine goes to https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb43

Showing I got Box #43.

Hope that helps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Meaganola, where do you see the box history section? Is that in a menu or is it something on a page?

I am finally getting to sample Stainiac!  Yay!  I'm actually getting two, in different boxes of course.

Last month's box was so amazing that I picked up another sub under my husband's E-mail.  I kept the second one through this month because it is my Birthday month.  But that box looks to contain two items I got in last month's box (Beauty Protect shampoo and conditioner).  And one of the items in the boxes, the Chapstick is obviously going to be in both boxes.  So there is only one item in the second box that is going to be unique to me.  Those who have multiple boxes, do you find you get a lot of duplicates?  I know a lot of you do trading, too.  But I was hoping to get two vastly different boxes like last month.  Still, I think BB is improving so much here lately!

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  to the right of the Birchbox logo is a tab called Box.  Hover over it, click womens.  It will bring up your box.  Scroll down past the box photo until you see the box history.  The first one should be October (assuming your page updated already) Click on October 2013 and it will redirect to what box you got.  Mine goes to https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb43

Showing I got Box #43.

Hope that helps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Meaganola, where do you see the box history section? Is that in a menu or is it something on a page?
Ahh thank you – I guess I have to wait for my page to update; mine still says September.

Quote: Originally Posted by epsteincouture /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just received box #32 and I'm super stoked!!! On a side note, I finally saved 400 points and splurged in the shop so I can  get the Amika travel size dryer

CANT WAIT TO RECEIVE THIS!!
Nice haul!

Quote: Originally Posted by casualconcern /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I totally forgot it was "Birchbox Day!" until a few minutes ago. I'm getting Box #43.
I always call it Birchbox Day too! It's like a holiday every month for me! I think this should also go into the MUT BB lexicon.

Birchbox Day

Birchbox Law

Clicky Truck

Punishment Box

Quote: Originally Posted by astrick1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have not received my tracking email yet and my box has not updated on Birchbox.com so I decided to go and see if I had a clicky truck and I do. But have I missed something? My box was shipped with usps. Is everyones box being shipped usps?

This is what my tracking page looks like!  Maybe they're slowly shifting over to Newgistics?

I am finally getting to sample Stainiac!  Yay!  I'm actually getting two, in different boxes of course. Last month's box was so amazing that I picked up another sub under my husband's E-mail.  I kept the second one through this month because it is my Birthday month.  But that box looks to contain two items I got in last month's box (Beauty Protect shampoo and conditioner).  And one of the items in the boxes, the Chapstick is obviously going to be in both boxes.  So there is only one item in the second box that is going to be unique to me.  Those who have multiple boxes, do you find you get a lot of duplicates?  I know a lot of you do trading, too.  But I was hoping to get two vastly different boxes like last month.  Still, I think BB is improving so much here lately!
I have changed my profile around enough that I am getting completely different items in each of my boxes (different ages, trendy on one and classic on another, etc.). I have never had more than one overlap product in a month (usually whatever is being sampled, although I even received different nail polish colors).

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my box a few days early!

I got:

Bain de Terre Macadamia Oil Nourishing Shampoo & Conditioner

Benefit Fake Up (in the correct color, thank you BB!)

Karuna Clarifying Mask

Chapstick

The amount of product in the Fake Up is ridiculously small...

I got everything that I wanted to try. The weight was .7070

Im getting that box in my main account I am ore excited about if after seeing your pics.

YAY my box page finally updates!  Sadly, I'm more excited about my BB than I am about ipsy this month.  Usually it's the other way around.

Getting box 1:   Pop Beauty Aqua Lacquer (no clue which color since the box photo's just a generic one right now) Klorane Shampoo Chapstick (yawn.  I don't care for Chapstick.  I'm an EOS girl). Liz Earle cleanser and cloth.

Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am getting box 43! https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb43

Apparently word is out to Birchbox that I have mad goo hoarding skills and needed 2 lip products!  Can't wait to see what color I get and try it!

I love lip products!  Seriously.  I have photo evidence.  When the first episode of Hoarders Makeup Edition Airs I could be the featured one!

Love it! Now I don't feel that bad about my hoarding of lip products.

Mine finally updated and I'm getting box 7. It doesn't contain anything I was hoping to get, but I'll probably end up loving most of the stuff in there.

So my box finally loaded and I am so bummed! I think it is actually box 1 for once. Pop Beauty Lip Gloss...I hate lip gloss!! Hate! Especially right now...I seem to be getting it everywhere! Klorane Shampoo...hopefully this is a generous size, but meh. Klorane dry shampoo would be way more appealing to me. Chapstick...meh. It's lip balm. I have probably 10+ already. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish...this is the ONE thing I am remotely excited about. I do have a Clarisonic, though, so even this underwhelms me. Boo! I think this is my least favorite box yet. It is also my thirteenth box. I am sure that is why. Birchbox Law #827, box #13 sucks! I wanted the Dermablend, Staniac, Fake Up...and I got none of them. Oh, well. There's always next month!

I am getting box 43! https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb43 Apparently word is out to Birchbox that I have mad goo hoarding skills and needed 2 lip products!  Can't wait to see what color I get and try it! I love lip products!  Seriously.  I have photo evidence.  When the first episode of Hoarders Makeup Edition Airs I could be the featured one!
LL
I see you Hurraw lip balm! I love it. My favorite is the ayruvedic one that has eucalyptus and ginger. I have six of them. I think your collection looks big, because it is so well organized. Most of us have our stuff spread all over our homes and purses, so it just looks like we have less.

Latest posts

Back