(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am getting box 43! https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb43

Apparently word is out to Birchbox that I have mad goo hoarding skills and needed 2 lip products!  Can't wait to see what color I get and try it!

I love lip products!  Seriously.  I have photo evidence.  When the first episode of Hoarders Makeup Edition Airs I could be the featured one!

I may have just as many... 

Bin 1: Lipsticks/tints/pencils

Bin 2: Glosses and Balms

Bin 3: Blush/Bronzer/Highlighter

And I have another 2 other 3 drawer sets for Face and Eyes... and so... much... more..... I love makeup.

Oooh so pretty!  I wish we lived closer!   I want to come to your house and drool over your lippie stash!

My BB has not moved.  But it has only been 2 days!  I am impatient!  As long as it gets here before I go out of town I will be happy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I may have just as many... 

Bin 1: Lipsticks/tints/pencils

Bin 2: Glosses and Balms

Bin 3: Blush/Bronzer/Highlighter

And I have another 2 other 3 drawer sets for Face and Eyes... and so... much... more..... I love makeup.

So, it turns out my tracking number wasn't for my October Birchbox, but the "head of the class" box I ordered for my girls. My account says my box is "pending" so I guess that means it hasn't even shipped yet. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Meanwhile, the head of the class box came, but the nailpolish broke during shipping and made a big mess all over everything. I called CS but they were closed, so I emailed them, and included a picture. Is Birchbox good with CS? I hope they can make this right. They were sad little pandas.

Quote: Originally Posted by Snolili /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So, it turns out my tracking number wasn't for my October Birchbox, but the "head of the class" box I ordered for my girls. My account says my box is "pending" so I guess that means it hasn't even shipped yet. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Meanwhile, the head of the class box came, but the nailpolish broke during shipping and made a big mess all over everything. I called CS but they were closed, so I emailed them, and included a picture. Is Birchbox good with CS? I hope they can make this right. They were sad little pandas.
Your birchbox will always say pending because of the monthly auto renew

Oooh so pretty!  I wish we lived closer!   I want to come to your house and drool over your lippie stash!

My BB has not moved.  But it has only been 2 days!  I am impatient!  As long as it gets here before I go out of town I will be happy!

LoL Instead we are quite literally on opposite ends of the US. But yes I would totally invite you over and we can play Pick Up (Lip)Sticks! Jk since I don't really know how to play that game. It looks like we have similar lippies in our collection. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Question to all that have the 2 box subscription. I am thinking about getting a second box for myself. How do you go about that?? Do you gift it to yourself and place all of your info? I want to make sure I do it right..lol

That's cause great minds think alike!  And I am sure we both have fabulous taste too!  I need to re photo my stash as I have reorganized it (and it has grown!  Darn, Sephora Gimme More Lip set and L'Oreal Le laquerous and le matte)!  If you ever make it out to Southern CA, let me know and we can meet up!  Hahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's cause great minds think alike!  And I am sure we both have fabulous taste too!  I need to re photo my stash as I have reorganized it (and it has grown!  Darn, Sephora Gimme More Lip set and L'Oreal Le laquerous and le matte)!  If you ever make it out to Southern CA, let me know and we can meet up!  Hahaha
I dunno whats going on with the quote button but it's not really working... lol

DEAL! I don't know what cities are considered Southern CA, but if you make it out to Northern VA (or DC) we should meet. Why haven't they done an MUT conference?? I would go. 

Quote: Originally Posted by starr5747 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Question to all that have the 2 box subscription. I am thinking about getting a second box for myself. How do you go about that?? Do you gift it to yourself and place all of your info? I want to make sure I do it right..lol
I think most people create a second account. 

I thought about doing it (with a second yearly on the second... glamlatine15 makes a one year only 94$), but then I thought to myself, "That's spending nearly two hundred dollars in a year on samples alone.... no thanks.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think most people create a second account. 

I thought about doing it (with a second yearly on the second... glamlatine15 makes a one year only 94$), but then I thought to myself, "That's spending nearly two hundred dollars in a year on samples alone.... no thanks.
Did it once and got a box that was literally *all* dupes of items I had gotten in the past year. I honestly think I've been a member of birchbox too long to have fun with a second account, so I immediately cancelled it BAHAH.

Quote: Originally Posted by bellerenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got box 40. I wasn't super excited about it but I ended up loving it. Here's the POP lacquer in the floating rose.

That's it...LOOK AT THAT ADORABLE FACE! You are totally invited to all of our parties from this point forward.

oh, uhm,and,,,it's BYOB   LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I dunno whats going on with the quote button but it's not really working... lol
I've noticed that it seems like if the person you're quoting puts their response before something they are quoting, your reply won't have their quote.

As for the Pop Beauty glosses, do the cards indicate the shade shades?  I'm trying to figure out whether they are sending colors randomly or if all of the box 40s (for example) will have the same color.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've noticed that it seems like if the person you're quoting puts their response before something they are quoting, your reply won't have their quote.

As for the Pop Beauty glosses, do the cards indicate the shade shades?  I'm trying to figure out whether they are sending colors randomly or if all of the box 40s (for example) will have the same color.
nope, not on the card. the name is on the back of the tube on the top, even though i'm utterly convinced mine is totally wrong.

I got box 40. I wasn't super excited about it but I ended up loving it. Here's the POP lacquer in the floating rose.

you are so cute!!! mine said floating rose on the back but i think this picture  confirms that it's totally wrong. yours looks more like a natural pink, mine looks somewhat natural, but is definitely brighter.

Maybe it is a "choose your own adventure" lip gloss!  I am getting one in my box 43 and will post color name and description of how it looks on, when I get it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  you are so cute!!! mine said floating rose on the back but i think this picture  confirms that it's totally wrong. yours looks more like a natural pink, mine looks somewhat natural, but is definitely brighter.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  nope, not on the card. the name is on the back of the tube on the top, even though i'm utterly convinced mine is totally wrong.

I got the glosses too!

Top: Flowering Fuchsia 

Bottom: Floating Rose (has sparkles) 

I'm wearing Flowering Fuchsia. They're very sheer, a bit slick feeling and minty. I think I would wear this over lipsticks when I need a glossy finish. It reminds me of the Anastasia Hydrafull (sp?) gloss except I think the Anastasia is sticky... I think. But it has the same plastic paddle applicator. 

I pulled my hoodie up bc my hair... is a hot mess lol

Maybe it is a "choose your own adventure" lip gloss!  I am getting one in my box 43 and will post color name and description of how it looks on, when I get it!

hah! you're on to something there. i would totally be down with a "choose your own adventure" themed birchbox.

Latest posts

Back