(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I thought they shipped all monthly boxes via UPS Mail Innovations?
I thought so too, but it says newgistics on the clicky truck link from the site.  I haven't gotten a shipping email though.  I haven't ordered anything in a long time so I'm not expecting anything except for the box.

Quote: Originally Posted by gluegungeisha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  any idea when my box will update? it still says september and my clicky truck isn't saying anything.
has your box shipped yet? probably when it ships it will. i had one month where most people's updated on the 10th but mine hasn't, i think mine shipped a day or two later and then it updated.

I'm getting box 22, and pretty happy about it. Thrilled not to be getting hair stuff or face cleanser/cloth thing.  And hooray for perfume!  Good stuff this time, even.

For those who asked about the Liz Earle cloths being reusable, according to the directions, you are supposed to wash them in a 30 degrees Celsius white wash every 2-3 uses and then air-dry. (I guess maybe that's why you would want more than 1?)

Got my box in the mail today, one of my favorites!  I got box 18:

Dermablend Quick Fix Illuminator (pearl) full size
Dr.Brandt eye cream (foil packet)
Dr.Brandt microdermabrasion exfoliant .25 oz, about $10 value!
Folle de Joie perfume sample
Miss Jessie's conditioner (large packet, 1 oz)
and the Chap Stick
I think my box has over $35 value.

FYI, the dermablend illuminator is listed at $15 on the birchbox website, when it should actually cost $25.  It's listed as $25 on the card in my box, and on the dermablend website.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by gluegungeisha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  any idea when my box will update? it still says september and my clicky truck isn't saying anything.
has your box shipped yet? probably when it ships it will. i had one month where most people's updated on the 10th but mine hasn't, i think mine shipped a day or two later and then it updated.

no the shipping hasn't updated and the site still lists my september. it sucks because my friend who lives in pa got her bb on saturday last week! oh well, i'll play the waiting game.

My October box and the order I did on Monday are both still in Trenton, NJ, according to the tracking info. My box shipped UPS MI. My order is going USPS. I had my order in 2 days at the beginning of August. I'm kind of unhappy with the slowness this time.

Yes the Liz fearless cloths are reuseable. And iknow someone said the tried buying the Liz fearless but was going to be charged 750 in shipping. That doesn't sound right. I added it to my list today and it said ships free. Maybe they didn't have the free shipping items updated yet when you tried it.....

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought OP was referring to the Liz Earle website or some other not-BB site that sold the 1oz-er for $9

Yes the Liz fearless cloths are reuseable. And iknow someone said the tried buying the Liz fearless but was going to be charged 750 in shipping. That doesn't sound right. I added it to my list today and it said ships free. Maybe they didn't have the free shipping items updated yet when you tried it.....

So I totally forgot it was "Birchbox Day!" until a few minutes ago. I'm getting Box #43.

It really sucks how the Liz Earle starter kit already includes muslin cloths, and they're giving me more Liz Earle muslin cloths as my fifth sample
icon_cry.gif
 I haven't been keeping up with this thread so please let this be a mistake or something?? lol Edit: Or has anyone already emailed BB yet to see what they say about if this would be considered a valid duplicate item or not?

Anyone try their Liz face cleanser yet? like it? I think I might trade in some points to try it out if it seems people really like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBadger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my box in the mail today, one of my favorites!  I got box 18:

Dermablend Quick Fix Illuminator (pearl) full size
Dr.Brandt eye cream (foil packet)
Dr.Brandt microdermabrasion exfoliant .25 oz, about $10 value!
Folle de Joie perfume sample
Miss Jessie's conditioner (large packet, 1 oz)
and the Chap Stick
I think my box has over $35 value.

FYI, the dermablend illuminator is listed at $15 on the birchbox website, when it should actually cost $25.  It's listed as $25 on the card in my box, and on the dermablend website.

I am getting this box also! Excited to try the Dermablend.

So I totally forgot it was "Birchbox Day!" until a few minutes ago. I'm getting Box #43. It really sucks how the Liz Earle starter kit already includes muslin cloths, and they're giving me more Liz Earle muslin cloths as my fifth sample. I haven't been keeping up with this thread so please let this be a mistake or something?? lol
I think since they are counting the cloths and the Liz Earle face polish as 2 samples on the card, they have just (like 1/2 an hour ago) updated the site so we can review them as 2 samples. They're not sending extra cloths.

Quote: Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think since they are counting the clothes and the Liz Earle face polish as 2 samples on the card, they have just (like 1/2 an hour ago) updated the site so we can review them as 2 samples. They're not sending extra cloths.
Wow, bummer. Thanks for the info!

So I totally forgot it was "Birchbox Day!" until a few minutes ago. I'm getting Box #43. It really sucks how the Liz Earle starter kit already includes muslin cloths, and they're giving me more Liz Earle muslin cloths as my fifth sample :icon_cry:  I haven't been keeping up with this thread so please let this be a mistake or something?? lol Or has anyone already emailed BB yet to see what they say about if this would be considered a valid duplicate item or not?
It says to wash the cloths every 2-3 days, so I like the thought of having extra cloths tbh. And since the majority of people don't have the starter kit, its kind of necessary to include one. Also repeating a brand has never been considered a dupe, otherwise birchbox would have screwed their system. :shrug:

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It says to wash the cloths every 2-3 days, so I like the thought of having extra cloths tbh. And since the majority of people don't have the starter kit, its kind of necessary to include one. Also repeating a brand has never been considered a dupe, otherwise birchbox would have screwed their system. :shrug:

Yeah, I'm not really upset. It was more of a knee-jerk "Wait... what?!" reaction, similar to when I saw I'd be getting foot wipes a couple months back - bahahah.

Returned to my apartment after an exhausting week of work travel to my Birchbox patiently waiting for me!  I received box 23, my weight was .4850:

Chapstick - of course.  Can always use more!   Ruffian Polish in Hedge Fund - YAY! Because I just resubbed, I wasn't a member last month. I'm SUPER happy that I received this. I'm a Packers fan, so green polish is always a staple for me.   Evologie Stay Clear Cream - I always like trying new skin products, so I'm excited about this.   POP Beauty Aqua Lacquer in Flowering Fuchsia - I was very tentative about this when I saw how bright this was, but when I applied it, I actually kind of like it.  It's growing on me.  The applicator is kind of odd, but overall I will use it.   Benefit Cosmetics Fake Up - Probably the thing I'm least excited for, but will still get used.
Overall, this was a GREAT box for Birchbox to welcome me back. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now to catch up on all of these posts.... 
laughs.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by pghmom1292 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just checked my account and I am getting the balm staniac, evologie stay clear cream?, beauty protector protect&shampoo and protect&condition, and chapstick hydration lock.

I don't know about the beauty protector shampoo and conditioner, anyone know if they are any good? I'm pretty much only excited for the balm staniac and the chapstick because I will actually use those. I have no idea what the evologie stay clear cream is, I guess I should read about it lol
i got the shampoo and conditioner in a trade and i like it. it smells good and it's free of sulfates, parabens, etc.

Yeah, I'm not really upset. It was more of a knee-jerk "Wait... what?!" reaction, similar to when I saw I'd be getting foot wipes a couple months back - bahahah.
I still wish I got those! Sandal season is year round where I live bahah.

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought OP was referring to the Liz Earle website or some other not-BB site that sold the 1oz-er for $9
Yes, I was referring to the Liz Earle website :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back