(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Didn't that happen before where the product had the wrong name on it?  I'm thinking it was a Color Club polish that was mislabeled.  Maybe that is what happened because that looks nowhere near the image online.  It looks like the picture of scarlet or fuchsia. 

Edit:  This is BB's description of the Rose color "soft pink infused with gold shimmer".  I think they were definitely mislabeled.
I think the Mirenesse lipstick pencils had two different names on them, maybe?

Like I said, I already got my box.

I think the only thing I will NOT use is the DDFpore minimizer. It has fragrance. It has good reviews otherwise, but that probably makes it a bad match for my skin. I actually read on the Cosmetics Cop website that it's owned by the same parent company as Olay and pretty much has the same formula as the Regenerist line, which is cheaper and comes fragrance free.

I'm actually not super bummed that the foundation sample was missing from my box. I contacted cs and let them know the sample was missing and put in a request for the specific shade that I think would best match me. I have light skin with yellow undertones, so skintone 3 (light golden) seemed like the best match. They're shipping off that sample in that skintone for me! Although you never know looking at swatches and descriptions online, it could be too dark for me. This is why I never buy foundation online without trying it in person and looking at it in broad daylight first!

The Shea Terracleanser.... well, I'll try it. It's fragrance free, which is important to me, and has mostly good ingredients with one notable exception. I'm a little put off by the inclusion of potassium hydroxide, which is actually LYE and can be a skin irritant if there's a significant amount in it. They are marketing it towards folks with sensitive skin, though, so maybe it's a small amount. It's about the in the middle of the ingredient list. We'll see how my skin reacts to it... I do have a few very small blocked pores, though (barely noticeable, but I can feel them underneath the skin, gross), so I could use a deep pore cleanser.

The Chapstick is, well, Chapstick. But it'll get used.

Really looking forward to giving Stainiac aa try. Love lip stains. Plus the berry color will look great on my skintone!

I am getting box version 1!  Click to make the picture bigger.  Has anyone else ever thought that the best boxes get sent out super early?  Mine hasn't even shipped yet.  But...I have had worse boxes.  I hope that I like thebalm product and I hope the hair product isn't a sample pack.  I already have the sugergoop serum, so that will go in my trade list.  

I saw someone mention Dermablend on here. Dude, if it's the one that is made by Vichy, that stuff is amazeballs! 

When I need to look good that is my go-to. It's the only thing that covers my melasma, looks good, and a little dot or two is all you need.  Right now I'm okay with my face's woes so don't use it everyday anymore, but seriously good stuff for full coverage.

Lisa Elridge (I think that's her) has a video tutorial where she uses it on a girl with acne and the results are incredible.  And it's really that good.  I usually apply it with a BeautyBlender or the UD foundation brush.

I am getting box version 1!  Click to make the picture bigger.  Has anyone else ever thought that the best boxes get sent out super early?  Mine hasn't even shipped yet.  But...I have had worse boxes.  I hope that I like thebalm product and I hope the hair product isn't a sample pack.  I already have the sugergoop serum, so that will go in my trade list.  
If your box hasn't shipped yet how do you know what your getting? My box page hasn't updated yet, but I have shipping number.

Quote: Originally Posted by keewee10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got my box... Weight was .5150. Box contained:

Reality based foundation in shade 3 - squat little bottle, a little bigger around than a Chapstick and just slightly taller than it is wide.
DDF wrinkle resist plus pore minimizer.5 fl oz
Shea terra rose hips black soap 1fl oz
Staniac in beauty queen, 1.2 oz
Chapstick, of course.

Pretty happy with the box - I'm one of those crazy people who LOVES lip balm, so any time someone sends me some, I'm pretty much a happy girl... And I was hoping for the soap and I love primers and DDF products so, hooray
This is my box as well!  Super excited to try EVERYTHING. 

Two awesome boxes in a row now . . . I think my profile tweakage has finally worked!

Box 1 has the Klorane shampoo so I think you are getting a different box. When your box page updates, the default number is 1. But that's not the actual version number.

So both my boxes have clicky trucks now! Yay! But neither shipping page or box page are updated. Boo. Hopefully the box pages will update later today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone know what color POP Aqua Lacquer's they are sending out?

They're sending out at least 2 different colors from what I have seen so far, Flowering Fuchsia and Floating Rose.

man; i'm so jealous of all you ladies getting the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish™ Hot Cloth Cleanser Starter Kit ... that was the one thing i really wanted.... it looks like you can buy the 1oz sample and cloth for 9.00 on their website... but the big 3.3 is only $24 with 2 clothes on bb...  may have to use my points. http://us.lizearle.com/cleanse-tone-moisturise/cleanse-and-polish-hot-cloth-cleanser.html?what-size
I had this in my cart ready to purchase (along with the travel size of the skin tonic)..went to checkout and saw the $7.50 charge for shipping...no thank you! SO happy I was able to arrange a trade for the Liz Earle! With all the people getting it, I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to trade with! Good luck! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my Sage and Fasten rollerball sets.   I really like Common Sense, Honest, and Character.  Aware is not for me.
sick.gif

I got a second one for my sister for Christmas. Not bad for $2!

Quote: Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sometimes I think if an item that is counted as two items like the cloth and cleanser this month we should be able to review both items and not just review it once. If it counts as two individual items then why not be able to review them seperately
EXACTLY! Either it is one item or it is two items. But if BB wants to have their cake and eat it too, that ticks me off. However, since my page updated, I can click on 2 things in relation to the Liz Earle. So, maybe they did the right thing this month? I haven't read further than your post to see if people have figured things out for sure. But you hit the nail on the head with the way you put it!

Just checked my account and I am getting the balm staniac, evologie stay clear cream?, beauty protector protect&shampoo and protect&condition, and chapstick hydration lock.

I don't know about the beauty protector shampoo and conditioner, anyone know if they are any good? I'm pretty much only excited for the balm staniac and the chapstick because I will actually use those. I have no idea what the evologie stay clear cream is, I guess I should read about it lol

I just received box #32 and I'm super stoked!!! On a side note, I finally saved 400 points and splurged in the shop so I can  get the Amika travel size dryer

CANT WAIT TO RECEIVE THIS!!

Quote: Originally Posted by pghmom1292 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just checked my account and I am getting the balm staniac, evologie stay clear cream?, beauty protector protect&shampoo and protect&condition, and chapstick hydration lock.

I don't know about the beauty protector shampoo and conditioner, anyone know if they are any good? I'm pretty much only excited for the balm staniac and the chapstick because I will actually use those. I have no idea what the evologie stay clear cream is, I guess I should read about it lol

My roommate got the beauty protector shampoo & conditioner in her last BB and she loves it.  She's buying the full size when she gets more points, and she absolutely won't let me touch it hahaha.

Latest posts

Back