(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I had the same issue when I bought 2 100% Pure Creamsticks, they were nothing like the picture at all.  I was really sad.  They were these awesome pinks in the photos but were almost brown/super dark mauve in real life.
gah i hate that. that's why i try to do as thorough research as i can on color products before ordering online, stock photos NEVER match IRL but jeeze that's just totally off.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i know this picture quality is shoddy, bear with me. but THIS is how different floating rose is IRL next to the birchbox picture. i don't even understand how they got colors this different.

eta: don't get me wrong, i like the color. i'm just startled by how off it is. i assumed before looking at the back that it was the scarlet color.

wow that's not even close to...close. i also wouldn't expect a color named floating rose to be so vibrant? it just sounds so soft lol

gah i hate that. that's why i try to do as thorough research as i can on color products before ordering online, stock photos NEVER match IRL but jeeze that's just totally off.
That's good advice, I definitely forget to do that sometimes.  Especially with lip products, I find it super hard to find photos of the product on people's actual lips. 

What's weirder though is that in my case their photos were lighter and brighter than the actual product, and in your case it's darker and duller!  Sheesh.

Quote: Originally Posted by barbyechick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  wow that's not even close to...close. i also wouldn't expect a color named floating rose to be so vibrant? it just sounds so soft lol
Seriously, part of me wondered if it was mis labeled or something, but i can't find any reviews online at all.

Hi, I am getting box #6.  It's weight is .8150.  What do you see in it that would make it weigh that much?    
I think that's the heaviest box I've ever headed of.

My colicky truck is finally red. My box weight is 0.645? Don't know what box number I'm getting.

I got a chance to try everything in my box! 

LOVE LOVE LOVE the LIz Earle cleanser! It's a lotion that you rub into your face and then get the cloth nice and hot and buff it off. The eucalyptus was really subtle and not overwhelming. It took 100% of my makeup off, even my waterproof 12 hour eyeliner without irritating my eyes or stinging (and I'm prone to contact dermatitis on my eyelids) The cloth was really nice and left my skin super soft. My moisturizer and makeup has applied more evenly the last two days. Buying this for sure. 

the fakeup is a total fail as an under eye concealer- I set with powder and everything and within hours I had major raccoon eyes. not a problem at all with the same mascara and my instant age rewind. 

Pop lip gloss in flowering fusia is super sheer and really glossy. very thick and surprisingly minty. a tad sticky but not too bad at all. I thought I was going to hate this, but it's really not bad but i wish i got a different color- maybe one that wasn't totally sheer. 

chapstick- eh. really not that moisturizing. for sure not 8 hours of moisture. Barely vanilla. gave it to hubby. I picked up one of the LE gingerbread chapsticks the other day and I think that one is more moisturizing and longer lasting honestly. 

Quote: Originally Posted by jkfinl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think that's the heaviest box I've ever headed of.
I know!  I've looked at the shipping notice a million times thinking I am reading it wrong.   The products that are suppose to be in the box are all fairly small samples; except the lip gloss.  At least the ones I've seen pictures of in other gals boxes.  Can't wait to see what is in it.  But not until the 15th.  Ugh!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I had the same issue when I bought 2 100% Pure Creamsticks, they were nothing like the picture at all.  I was really sad.  They were these awesome pinks in the photos but were almost brown/super dark mauve in real life.

That is one of my least favorite things about the Birchbox website.  I wish their product photos and descriptions were a little more helpful, especially given that they are supposed to be introducing us to new beauty products and teaching us how to use them.  I think it would be very helpful for them to take additional product photos of lipstick swatched/on lips, nail polish painted on nails, etc.  Be more clear about which color is which when clicking through the photos... Right now, I try to do a Google search and find a beauty blog that has done those things before I buy.  It would be nice for BB to add something like that to their product pages.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got a chance to try everything in my box! 

LOVE LOVE LOVE the LIz Earle cleanser! It's a lotion that you rub into your face and then get the cloth nice and hot and buff it off. The eucalyptus was really subtle and not overwhelming. It took 100% of my makeup off, even my waterproof 12 hour eyeliner without irritating my eyes or stinging (and I'm prone to contact dermatitis on my eyelids) The cloth was really nice and left my skin super soft. My moisturizer and makeup has applied more evenly the last two days. Buying this for sure. 

the fakeup is a total fail as an under eye concealer- I set with powder and everything and within hours I had major raccoon eyes. not a problem at all with the same mascara and my instant age rewind. 

Pop lip gloss in flowering fusia is super sheer and really glossy. very thick and surprisingly minty. a tad sticky but not too bad at all. I thought I was going to hate this, but it's really not bad but i wish i got a different color- maybe one that wasn't totally sheer. 

chapstick- eh. really not that moisturizing. for sure not 8 hours of moisture. Barely vanilla. gave it to hubby. I picked up one of the LE gingerbread chapsticks the other day and I think that one is more moisturizing and longer lasting honestly. 
Thanks for your reviews, especially of the Liz Earle products!  I am more interested to try them now.

Seriously, part of me wondered if it was mis labeled or something, but i can't find any reviews online at all.
I looked on the pop website and that is DEFINITELY not the floating rose swatch they have on their page so i think there may have been some mislabeling in the factory.  Count yourself lucky though.  I got the pop rose romance lip crayon in my ipsy bag last month and it made me look like a corpse.

i know this picture quality is shoddy, bear with me. but THIS is how different floating rose is IRL next to the birchbox picture. i don't even understand how they got colors this different. eta: don't get me wrong, i like the color. i'm just startled by how off it is. i assumed before looking at the back that it was the scarlet color.
Wow that is way different but tbh i like the shade you got better for autumn. More festive and fun, haha..

Quote: Originally Posted by Steffi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  No box update for me either, which was to be expected since I forgot to update my billing info before the 1st, so technically paid on the 2nd. Heh.
Same here (on my first account). I forgot to cancel my second box on the 1st and that page updated. 

Didn't that happen before where the product had the wrong name on it?  I'm thinking it was a Color Club polish that was mislabeled.  Maybe that is what happened because that looks nowhere near the image online.  It looks like the picture of scarlet or fuchsia. 

Edit:  This is BB's description of the Rose color "soft pink infused with gold shimmer".  I think they were definitely mislabeled.

Latest posts

Back