(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I totally thought I was going to get a particular box because of the weight. Nope. Completely different box. Still happy! But that'll teach me to make predictions.
wizard.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I know right. I was already thinking this morning that if it turned out that it wasn't reviewable for two items I was going to bow out until everyone cooled off BAHAHA.
No joke. This is exactly why I said we should wait to freak out until we had a reason to, which now we do not (at least as far as the points thing goes). 

So I know everybody keeps saying that the Chapstick is just like regular Chapstick, but I actually really like it. It made my lips feel smoother than normal lip balms, like I've just exfoliated them or something. I haven't tried it under lipstick, but by itself it feels amazing! I expected it to be just like any other lip balm, but it's definitely a step up. I like it a lot more than I expected to. 

I know right. I was already thinking this morning that if it turned out that it wasn't reviewable for two items I was going to bow out until everyone cooled off BAHAHA.
oh, something else will come up in 3... 2... 1.... 
rolleyes.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by xciaobellax /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just think it's lame that the cloth counts as a sample. The points don't bother me as much. But I'm so happy with my box that I can't complain.
smile.gif

I don't really see why? I mean it's a beauty/lifestyle product so I thought it fit perfectly. And I liked the idea that I'd still be able to use it should I decide to buy full size.

My birchbox baby is here! I'm really excited to dig in and try all these items. I don't know if I'll end up liking them all, but it's just nice to not feel like my box is dominated by hair products.

Quote: Originally Posted by eternalsnshine1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just as suspected... we are box twins!
Hello there twin! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

My tracking finally updated and it says is was shipped yesterday, even though I received my shipping email 3 days ago...weird.

Anyway, I love my box! Box 46:

I know some have said it doesn't seem like there is a lot of variety this month, but I think the last few months boxes have been really stellar! The only bad news is after I do my reviews for this month I will have 238 points, so I think I should find a $12 purchase to make!

Quote: Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No joke. This is exactly why I said we should wait to freak out until we had a reason to, which now we do not (at least as far as the points thing goes). 

So I know everybody keeps saying that the Chapstick is just like regular Chapstick, but I actually really like it. It made my lips feel smoother than normal lip balms, like I've just exfoliated them or something. I haven't tried it under lipstick, but by itself it feels amazing! I expected it to be just like any other lip balm, but it's definitely a step up. I like it a lot more than I expected to. 

I used the Chapstick yesterday when my lips were feeling super chapped and it did nothing to help, even after repeated applications. I ended up having to use my usual go-to lip balm (Blistex Silk & Shine) to find relief. Today, with my lips in much better condition, I tried the Chapstick again and it feels nice. I would put it a half step above regular Chapstick but it's really nothing special, imo.

Quote: Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is exactly what I was thinking. Has anyone actually physically received a box with the Liz Earl stuff+2 samples+Chapstick? Because I really don't think (if the Liz earl counts as 1 product and you hypothetically can't review the Chapstick) that BB would send out a box with only 3 items to review. I also agree that I've never seen a BB find that hasn't been reviewable. Let's just wait and see what happens when the box pages update...
I received my box yesterday (see spoiler) and I can assure you that not only does Liz Earle set count as two items, but the Chapstick is reveiwable.

Miss Jessie's® Original Crème de la Crème Conditioner 276 $16.00
Ships Free

Folle de Joie eau de parfum 1936 $98.00
Ships Free

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polishâ„¢ Hot Cloth Cleanser Starter Kit 4 $24.50
Ships Free

POP Beauty Aqua Lacquer 1 $14.00
Ships Free
More Options Available

ChapStick® Hydration Lock 3 $0.00

Liz Earle Pure Muslin Cloths $6.00
Ships Free

Quote: Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I received my box yesterday (see spoiler) and I can assure you that not only does Liz Earle set count as two items, but the Chapstick is reveiwable.

Folle de Joie eau de parfum 1936
$98.00 Ships Free
Liz Earle Cleanse & Polishâ„¢ Hot Cloth Cleanser Starter Kit 4
$24.50 Ships Free
POP Beauty Aqua Lacquer 1
$14.00 Ships Free
More Options Available
ChapStick® Hydration Lock 3
$0.00
Liz Earle Pure Muslin Cloths
$6.00 Ships Free

Box twins! I absolutely love my box this month, and I FINALLY got a perfume sample. I know most of you hate them but I love trying different fragrances, that's the first thing I do when I walk into Sephora or a Duty Free shop at any airport terminal. And BINGO - 6 items to review! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Really super happy this month.

Boxes 19 and 40 (a six-item box!) over here.
I'm hoping that the glosses are different! I have a lip product addiction, so I can see myself keeping both even if they *are* dupes, so it would be nice to get two different shades. I was *so* convinced that I was getting box 8/9 that I was more than a little surprised when that account came up with 40. I'm kind of annoyed that I am receiving that fragrance because I can't wear it, but I know it will be easy to rehome (note: NO NOT PM ME ON THIS RIGHT NOW! I have a specific recipient in mind, but I am holding off on contacting her until I actually receive my box just in case someone goes wrong). I kind of feel like the fact that it's a six-item box makes up for the fact that I can't use one of the items. Moving on... I'm a bit amused that both boxes are getting Miss Jessie. I'm glad to see conditioner for regular hair in my primary box (it's heading into extreme dry skin and hair season for me, and speaking of dry skin, yay, microdermabrasion!), but it just strikes me as funny that *both* of them are getting this brand. The Pillow Soft Curls one will go in the stash for my sister-in-law. And I hope that the Coastal Scents palette isn't that gold quad that ipsy sent out a few months ago. I still have that one untouched unless I throw it out -- again, untouched -- in one of my cleaning binges.

So overall, I'm happy. Not a knock-it-out-of-the-park for either account, but in looking over the items sent out this month, they're all fairly lackluster for me anyway, so these are probably as good as they were going to get. I've definitely received far worse boxes (I'm *still* annoyed about February 2012. Eyeliner stickers, hair oil when my hair was too short to be able to use it, powdered mouthwash, and two skin treatments I couldn't use. The eyeliner stickers were just absolutely egregious to me at the time because I had received the bra tape in December's box and IT RIPPED MY FLESH -- *and* it felt like it literally hit a nerve because I could feel this freaky electrical zing every time my clothing brushed over that spot. To this day, I'm skittish about putting adhesives on my skin. Those eyeliner stickers *terrify* me.).

Quote: Originally Posted by Meshybelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My box this month. 18 I think. Meh.......

Miss Jessie's® Original Crème de la Crème Conditioner 276
$16.00 Ships Free
Folle de Joie eau de parfum 1936
$98.00 Ships Free
dr. brandt® microdermabrasion skin exfoliant 3
$78.00 Ships Free
dr. brandt® light years away brightening eye cream
$90.00 Ships Free

Dermablendâ„¢ Quick-Fix Illuminator
$15.00 Ships Free
More Options Available ChapStick® Hydration Lock 3
$0.00
I wouldn't get upset just yet :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That Dermablend is most likely full-sized, and it just might change your life and make you into a convert :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love all of their products!

I still have no shipping info/box info. I'm curious for anyone else who doesn't have that info yet either, did you upgrade your sub to the yearly with the yearly99?  Anyone who already has their tracking/box did any of you upgrade with the yearly99 promo?
I did not updrade and my box hasn't shipped either.

Quote: Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SAD FACE - I was just about to buy the Gimme Brow in med/dark and it's out of stock! Hopefully it'll go back in stock soon since I wanted to take advantage of the 50 extra points.

I love the Gimme Brow in med/dark.  I have both colors from the Lash Bash, and I've tried both but I can't get the light to work but it's nice to use when I do other people's makeup.. also, my roommate just comes and steals it all the time hahaha.  But it will almost definitely be a repeat buy for me!

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Box twins! I absolutely love my box this month, and I FINALLY got a perfume sample. I know most of you hate them but I love trying different fragrances, that's the first thing I do when I walk into Sephora or a Duty Free shop at any airport terminal. And BINGO - 6 items to review! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Really super happy this month.
i'm right there with ya!

I can't find my box numbers- mostly because I'm at work and also impatient, but in my boxes I got:

EDIT- the first one is box 8.

Fakeup, Liz Earle (!!!), Pop Beauty Lacquer, and the Chapstick..  mostly excited about this box!! I don't love Fakeup, but I could always use another concealer in my arsenal.  Mostly I just wanted the Liz Earle so I'm super excited about that.   Second Box I got (new sub): Ruffian (hoping for Delirium- I have two Hedge Funds and my stepmom is sending me Fox Hunt- she never wears nail polish), Bain De Terre Macadamia Shampoo & Conditioner, another Pop Beauty gloss, and the Chapstick.
I think I'll be keeping everything depending on the colors of the gloss!  I'm super picky about glosses- I almost just use Sugarbomb only, so I'm interested to see how sticky they are and what the color payoff is- I'm a lipstick and stain person for sure.  I might try to trade one for the Stainiac- but I won't fret over it, I have a few samples of the Benetint.  I also wanted to try the Dermablend, folle de joie perfume (just because you all can't stop talking about it!  I want to see what it's like!), and the 12 Benefits hair stuff.  But overall I'm excited!

The box I'm getting. Box 8:

Pretty happy with what I'm getting. I will trade the lip gloss. Hopefully I can find a Stainiac and a 12 Benefits. Birchbox did pretty good this month!

Latest posts

Back