(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting box 9 and I'm pretty bummed about it! https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb9

Liz Earle, Chapstick, Pop Beauty lipgloss and Fakeup I think I was pretty meh on this month with the exception of the Stainiac.
I really really wanted the stainiac... to the tradelist I go! Aww man. Does this mean I only get 40 points this month? I know its a wash at the end of it but shucks!

Sometimes I think if an item that is counted as two items like the cloth and cleanser this month we should be able to review both items and not just review it once. If it counts as two individual items then why not be able to review them seperately

I was so super excited for Birchbox this month because there were so many great variations, but as if by Birchbox law, of course I got box 4 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  That's pretty much the only one I DIDN'T want!

So I'm getting a 40 point box, which ordinarily wouldn't bother me. BUT, I've been hoarding my points all year, and this will put me at *90 pts - just ten away from my next $10 level. I'd be ok with waiting, too, except that I'm expecting to get my anniversary code this month, and I'm planning on placing a big order - I'd really love to be able to use that next $10 on this order!

I know that someone mentioned that you can unsub and resub for an extra 10 points, which seems like a great solution to me. But I have a few questions: if I do that before my anniversary code arrives, could that mess it up? Or, if I wait for the code and then sub/resub, is it possible the code would no longer be valid? Help!

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm getting box 9 and I'm pretty bummed about it!
https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb9 Liz Earle, Chapstick, Pop Beauty lipgloss and Fakeup
I think I was pretty meh on this month with the exception of the Stainiac.
I really really wanted the stainiac... to the tradelist I go! Aww man. Does this mean I only get 40 points this month? I know its a wash at the end of it but shucks!
We should be able to get 50 points for this box, since the Chapstick is NOT counted as one of our samples (as they said in the video). If that's true, then we would technically only be getting three things to review which goes below the minimum number of samples that they said they would include every month. I have a similar box and if they don't let me review them separately I will email them with all of the above information.

I knew there were some COMPLETELY dupe boxes on the website when I was going through it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  This makes me very sad indeed and although I'm getting two of box 4, one of which will get traded, this is unfortunate because you could very well get 2 different box numbers and the same variation :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb32

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb9

*Same box the pictures are just swapped!

Quote: Originally Posted by ariana077 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I knew there were some COMPLETELY dupe boxes on the website when I was going through it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  This makes me very sad indeed and although I'm getting two of box 4, one of which will get traded, this is unfortunate because you could very well get 2 different box numbers and the same variation :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb32

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb9

*Same box the pictures are just swapped!
i wonder if it's a matter of color of fake up that makes the box different but the same. One box has light and the other has a darker shade?

OMG! My box contents does not work so maybe there's something wrong with my accts OR browser. Mmm lemme try to clear out cookies. That's soo weird. Wait a minute, my gift box acct is probably expired? Gotta go check that one. Didn't check my original acct.

my box! should be here today! i'm really glad i'm getting the miss jessie's conditioner instead of the curl product, much more up my alley. overall i think this is a well-rounded box and i'm excited to use everything. Also, I'm really glad this box isn't hair product heavy like some of my boxes have been lately. Maybe my profile change made a difference.

OMG! My box contents does not work so maybe there's something wrong with my accts OR browser. Mmm lemme try to clear out cookies. That's soo weird. Wait a minute, my gift box acct is probably expired? Gotta go check that one. Didn't check my original acct.
Wow! Both accts are fine BUT NO box CONTENTS! Now, I have to go contact BB.

Quote: Originally Posted by grayc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i wonder if it's a matter of color of fake up that makes the box different but the same. One box has light and the other has a darker shade?
That could be entirely true I hadn't thought about it like that,  still this month's BB seems to have the least amount of variation between boxes since I've been a subscriber.  Although I'm exited to try all the products in my box, just didn't want to try them 2x :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm on the same boat. My contents have always updated early morning on the 10th. Kinda worried.

the past few months they've been a little wonky with updates.  i've ALWAYS updated box boxes on the 10th, but for the past 3 months (with the exception of this month)  both or one haven't updated on the 10th, but rather sometime on the 11th.  i'd wait it out a day or two

I still have no shipping info/box info. I'm curious for anyone else who doesn't have that info yet either, did you upgrade your sub to the yearly with the yearly99? 

Anyone who already has their tracking/box did any of you upgrade with the yearly99 promo?

Got my update and I'm getting box 13!  I'm pretty happy about it.

Has anyone ever tried the supergoop?  It seemed to get mixed reviews on the site.

Slightly OT but I know most people LOVE the Suki scrub they've sent out and I am most certainly in that boat!  My boyfriend gets the Man box and I used his body/face wash because I ran out of body gel this morning and the VitaMan Face & Body Cleanser (http://www.birchbox.com/men/vitaman-face-body-cleanser-250-ml/) smells EXACTLY like the Suki scrub.  Pretty safe to say I'm going to be hiding that behind my stuff :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by HHummel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm on the same boat. My contents have always updated early morning on the 10th. Kinda worried.
I know I've had a couple of months when my contents haven't updated until the 11th (maybe even the 12th once).  There was never a problem, just that I had a box that was shipping out later in their shipping cycles than others.  I think they don't update the contents on the website until the box ships.

Of course, if you already have shipping info, then this is obviously not the explanation.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I still have no shipping info/box info. I'm curious for anyone else who doesn't have that info yet either, did you upgrade your sub to the yearly with the yearly99? 

Anyone who already has their tracking/box did any of you upgrade with the yearly99 promo?
My box just shipped this morning; I have tracking but it hasn't updated to show where it is. Don't know what box I'm getting either. I didn't upgrade my sub, so it's not that. I think they're just slow with some people. 

Quote: Originally Posted by ariana077 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Slightly OT but I know most people LOVE the Suki scrub they've sent out and I am most certainly in that boat!  My boyfriend gets the Man box and I used his body/face wash because I ran out of body gel this morning and the VitaMan Face & Body Cleanser (http://www.birchbox.com/men/vitaman-face-body-cleanser-250-ml/) smells EXACTLY like the Suki scrub.  Pretty safe to say I'm going to be hiding that behind my stuff :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
wow! Awesome find! my fiance loved my suki scrub, but doesn't subscribe to bbman because of the price. I might have to get this for him the next time I do a haul.

Latest posts

Back