(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First month with 2 boxes and no product dupes (except Chapstick, which is fine because I love lip balm) so yay. No Liz Earle which I would have liked to try but otherwise, I'm pretty pleased. #1 account: Reality foundation, DDF serum, Shea black soap and Stainiac. #2 account (new): Ruffian, Bain de Terre shampoo and conditioner, and Pop Beauty gloss. It's a nice mix of stuff to try. Now if they will just get here!

I'm getting boxes 6 and 41... Still so happy I have 2 accounts!  My old lady box is actually getting a lip gloss, which is quite the surprise!    I have 2 duplicate products besides the chapstick, which is the orange fragrance. I have 2 products I have tried before:staniac and the goop serum .. other than that exfoliants and antiwrinkle stuff.  

Looks like I am getting box #22 (weight 0.460)...getting it some time next week, but its ok.  I'm NOT getting the Fake Up (tried it through Sephora and was meh about it) and no Liz Earle.  Since I already got Stainiac once before last year (not to mention the Miss Jessie's product being sampled and the Joie fragrance), that narrowed down the number of boxes I could get.  I'll definitely try everything in the box except the foundation- that will go in the "Give to Ma to try" pile.  I've had the fragrance before from somewhere else and I'm getting it now through Birchbox, so I can't complain because I loved it!

Quote: Originally Posted by Steffi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  No box update for me either, which was to be expected since I forgot to update my billing info before the 1st, so technically paid on the 2nd. Heh.
Same here,forgot to update,paid on the 2nd and no updates or clicky truck yet ! AAARRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!

Same here,forgot to update,paid on the 2nd and no updates or clicky truck yet ! AAARRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!
Mine paid on time and I have no box update or clicky truck.

I'm getting Box #43:

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Set Alison Raffaele Reality Base Foundation Pop Beauty Aqua Laquer Chapstick   I checked on each item to see what we can & cannot review for points.  The chapstick IS indeed reviewable so that's good.  The Liz Earle set can only be reviewed for 10 points as a set.  So I will get 40 points for this box.   For me, points are not the issue.  I've been with birchbox for almost 2 years now & my boxes have varied from 40 points to 60 points over the 2 years.  It all evens out in the end.  I'm more about the samples than the points because I LOVE trying stuff out.  HOWEVER, I am a teeny bit annoyed that I feel like there is only 3 samples this month plus the beauty find.  Granted, the cleanser & the cloth are SUPPOSED to count as 2 items (making 4 "beauty" samples in the box), but I think getting a "washcloth" as one of your actual samples is completely ridiculous.  I know they combined three items with the Divines system, but at least you got to try 3 actual beauty products.  Oh well, you win some you lose some.  No worries.  I've got my fingers crossed that the foundation is more than a foil packet & that it will actually match my skin tone (I always worry about BB creams & foundations because they never seem to match me) & I'll definitely get use out of the chapstick & the lip gloss so I'm good.   I figure with the point system in place we're actually only paying $5 for a box so each thing is only costing me a $1.25 each right.  I'm definitely not going to lose sleep over something like that.  Now to wait for my truck to turn clicky so I can actually ENJOY my stuff.  :)  

Quote: Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm getting Box #43:

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Set Alison Raffaele Reality Base Foundation Pop Beauty Aqua Laquer Chapstick   I checked on each item to see what we can & cannot review for points.  The chapstick IS indeed reviewable so that's good.  The Liz Earle set can only be reviewed for 10 points as a set.  So I will get 40 points for this box.   For me, points are not the issue.  I've been with birchbox for almost 2 years now & my boxes have varied from 40 points to 60 points over the 2 years.  It all evens out in the end.  I'm more about the samples than the points because I LOVE trying stuff out.  HOWEVER, I am a teeny bit annoyed that I feel like there is only 3 samples this month plus the beauty find.  Granted, the cleanser & the cloth are SUPPOSED to count as 2 items (making 4 "beauty" samples in the box), but I think getting a "washcloth" as one of your actual samples is completely ridiculous.  I know they combined three items with the Divines system, but at least you got to try 3 actual beauty products.  Oh well, you win some you lose some.  No worries.  I've got my fingers crossed that the foundation is more than a foil packet & that it will actually match my skin tone (I always worry about BB creams & foundations because they never seem to match me) & I'll definitely get use out of the chapstick & the lip gloss so I'm good.   I figure with the point system in place we're actually only paying $5 for a box so each thing is only costing me a $1.25 each right.  I'm definitely not going to lose sleep over something like that.  Now to wait for my truck to turn clicky so I can actually ENJOY my stuff.  :)
I'm getting this same box.... this is the first time in 12 months that I haven't received a hair product....

Quote: Originally Posted by angienharry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Rochellena /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Had a terrible day at work today, but came home to find that beautiful pink box waiting for me. I've never gotten it this early before! 

Box Contents: Benefit Fake Up (in Light)
Lize Earle Cleanser and Cloth

Pop Beauty Lacquer (in Flowering Fuschia)

and the Chaptstick
Overall, I super happy! I feel like this is the perfect fit for me. I think there was only one or two boxed I would want more than this one. I was on the brink of cancelling back in May, but I feel like my last few boxes, even if they aren't the most valuable or overall desirable for most people, they've been great for me. Well done, Birchbox. I got the same box. Here's a pic. I'm happy overall.
What is it about pets and BB?!?!?
Cute pic!

Meh getting box 48 on one acct, I'm ok with it...I don't love that my secnd account is nearly all dupes with the exeption of the orange saguine (already own the full size) and the DDF pore minimizing serum. Will more than likely looking to do a full box trade for that one!!!

Thanks so much for the code! I've been an ipsy subscriber for a while and waiting to join birchbox... with that code I got a year PLUS the amika blowdryer deal for 93.50. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Can't wait for my first box

Box 43 -- Liz Earle, Alison Raffaele Reality Foundation, POP lipgloss, chapstick. Only 4 items, and I have no doubt in my mind the foundation will be too dark. This month is bleh.

i got box 27

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2013/october-2013-bb27

i'm ok with it.  I would be more excited if the pillow soft curls if had never tried it before and didn't really like it... i hate the smell.  And i'm kind of over getting lip glossesbecause i don't wear them.  BUT SUPER EXCITED for the Fake Up and the Dr Brandt  and who doesn't need a new chapstick
icon_lol.gif
.. all in all i give this box a 6.5.

Quote: Originally Posted by stingsting /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my box!  As expected, it is the 0.62 Box 15 with:

Miss Jessie's Original Pillow Soft Curls (YES! I have been wanting to try this for MONTHS!)

Folle de Joie (I *want* to love it!  It's a bit citrus-y for my taste, but the hubs loves it on me, so I'll wear it if he asks. Thank goodness it's a vial, it won't last forever!)

Pop Beauty Aqua Lacquer in Floating Rose (LOVE IT! Perfect color, too!)

Chapstick (This will sit in a drawer for a bit til my current one runs out.  Happy to have it though!)

Liz Earle Cleansing System (Oh. My. Gosh.  Can't wait to try this!  Beyond excited!)
And in the tradition of Birchbox haikus:

Hooray! It's come at last!

Clicky truck and box in hand

I like all 5 things.

Dude! I posted without noticing that you and I are box twins!

@stingsting box twins!!!  Woohoo!

Question to all that have the 2 box subscription. I am thinking about getting a second box for myself. How do you go about that?? Do you gift it to yourself and place all of your info? I want to make sure I do it right..lol

I got box 12: chapstick, evologie stay clear cream, supergoop, stainiac and the 12 things benefit spray. Not my first choice but a much better improvement from last month!!! Was hoping for the box with: stainiac, rose hips cleanser, foundation, chapstick and ddf overall im happy! Depending on whats in the 12 things spray I might do a full box trade for my first choice box but if not this is a great box for me!

@bonita22 - I probably can edit, I'm just not hitting that teeny tiny little button just right!!!

Latest posts

Back