(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My box updated but my box has been sitting in Groveport, OH since Monday.  (update: box page isn't updated, swear it was this morning, unless I'm dreaming about BB now)

0.jpg

Edited because quite simply it was a big old ramble of remembering the past, lol... anyways... I totally love that you put your agony of waiting to this video....... it's so perfect for it!

Quote: Originally Posted by angienharry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the same box. Here's a pic. I'm happy overall.

What is it about pets and BB?!?!?
BOX TWINS <3

I'm with you --- I love this box because I'll actually use all of the items in it! The only downside for me is that there were only 4 items in the box, and unless Birchbox counts the Liz Earle as two I'll miss out on those points...but whatever! This is my favorite box to date (to be fair, I haven't been subscribing long but BB was starting to feel like a lemon sub until today). Whoo! Enthusiam!

yess.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Up until recently, I had never tried products by e.l.f. cosmetics, then I started getting their Beauty bundles. Overall, with my limited makeup experience and my even more limited makeup budget, I'm finding that I like a lot of their items but I got ahold of some of their lipgloss and talk about ..... STICKY... omg, I could use it in place of tape to wrap presents for the holidays!!!  Now, I'm extra careful about ordering any lip products from there.
I just recently tried their lip exfoliator and I loooooove it.

Also love the brow combo thing.

Quote: Originally Posted by misslaurelann /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my .62 box and yay no curl creme!!! Got the miss Jessie's conditoner which I can ALWAYS use (thinking of doing no shampoo for a bit since my hair is so dry and this will come in handy). I don't know if its just me but I really wish packets didn't exist because I always just put the product in a little jar because I hate using stuff from a packet. Love the Chapstick so far and haven't tried the lipgloss yet. I don't like the applicator though. I won't be using the cleanse and polish set because I don't change my cleanser. Ever. Fresh soy face cleanser and I go way back. Don't care about the perfume. Into the trash it goes
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not in the trash! I want to try that perfume so badly. I'll bet you even have the low perfume box profile. Dumb Birchbox. (Joie, right?) I am planning out my super sweet sixteen purchase, and I can't shell out for the Joie without trying it first. It's not at my Sephora or Ulta.

I am really looking forward to tomorrow morning, when I will check my box page on my tablet while I am still in bed, and think about the samples I will be getting. I know you guys get it. But most people would think I was insane for getting so excited every month on the tenth.

Quote: Originally Posted by jkwynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just recently tried their lip exfoliator and I loooooove it.

Also love the brow combo thing.
Thank you....... your enabling is the blame of 2 more items on my list to try, lol........ thank goodness, they're not only cheap but oh goodness, love taking advantage of those 50% off sales! I also have to give them huge props also because their processing and shipping time has been "road runner" quick for me. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not in the trash! I want to try that perfume so badly. I'll bet you even have the low perfume box profile. Dumb Birchbox. (Joie, right?) I am planning out my super sweet sixteen purchase, and I can't shell out for the Joie without trying it first. It's not at my Sephora or Ulta.

I am really looking forward to tomorrow morning, when I will check my box page on my tablet while I am still in bed, and think about the samples I will be getting. I know you guys get it. But most people would think I was insane for getting so excited every month on the tenth.
I had that perfume and was going to put it out for trade and something fell on it and smashed it. I actually broke two vials of perfume that day. The other must have rolled out and my husband stepped on it barefoot. He was freaking out by the sound but not a scratch on his foot luckily.

Just testing with this new feature that MUT posted about @mentions. I'm trying to understand how it works? Does it mean that you won't need to use quotations? @tiffany27la

I don't think I like the folle de joie. I'm still kind of undecided on it.

It's 11 PM PST on 10/9 and is birchbox supposed to be updated with box contents at midnight EST on 10/10 ? Or is it later on at 6 AM EST on 10/10? Still both accts have no shipments tracking info.

Quote: Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by wadedl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, a yummy adult slushie.  They have 2 flavors, but I can't remember what they are.  They may switch them out periodically.
How yummy does that sound?! Another yummy winery, for you FL members, is San Sebastian Winery in St. Augustine.  Again, an amazing port.  Unfortunately, neither winery will ship to TN, so I only got each once.

I went to college in St. Augustine and don't live very far from thee now I love the wine from San Sebastian!  They make a great sparkling wine.

Hmm. I feel like around 7 am CST (when I wake up lol) the boxes are updated and I think I've read on here that they are posted closer to the 6-8 AM range and definitely not right at midnight.

It's 11 PM PST on 10/9 and is birchbox supposed to be updated with box contents at midnight EST on 10/10 ? Or is it later on at 6 AM EST on 10/10? Still both accts have no shipments tracking info.

They usually seem to be up around 6am EST on the 10th, but I know at least one month recently it wasn't until the 11th. It seems like there are more people than usual still waiting on clicky trucks and shipping emails this month so hopefully we all get an update tomorrow!

This is my second month as a Birchbox subscriber.  September was a bust and I actually quite.  But I quite too late for them to cancel my October box.  I am actually pretty happy about that error because this box definitely made up for the sad September box.

UGH I hate UPS mail innovations. I don't get why people complain about FedEx smart post so much- UPS MI is the WORST! My tracking has said "shipping info received by *my city* post office" since the 6th. Pleeeeease let it come tomorrow :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> please mr. Postman?

Quote: Originally Posted by Stoof /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This is my second month as a Birchbox subscriber.  September was a bust and I actually quite.  But I quite too late for them to cancel my October box.  I am actually pretty happy about that error because this box definitely made up for the sad September box.

That actually looks like a pretty good box, the hair product is supposedly really good, and I loved the Stainiac when I got it last year. It's one of the few makeup samples I managed to use up til the very last drop :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ahhh so antsy for my box to update! Haven't seen a box yet that I wouldn't like. 

Sort of off topic, but since its in some of the boxes- you can get 30% off your entire order from the Shea Terra Organics website with code "oct2013" :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ahhh so antsy for my box to update! Haven't seen a box yet that I wouldn't like. 
Me too! There are two boxes I'm meh about (37 and 47, I think) so with my luck those will be my two boxes OR I'll get dupes of one of them. Lol! Really though, the rest look awesome. I'm hoping I have an update in the morning. Still waiting on shipping emails  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back