(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by jaylee78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That's the weight of my box.  I have to say, I'm hoping my box is different - not much that I would use from it. 
sadyes.gif

That's my box weight, too. I'm looking forward the hair stuff and the stain. But I was really hoping for the face wash/cloth or the Fakeup. All well... Better luck to us next month.

I have a .64 weight which I imagine is just a variation on the .62. I assume its the same box. Not too bad if so

Quote: Originally Posted by lorizav /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a .64 weight which I imagine is just a variation on the .62. I assume its the same box. Not too bad if so
I had .6500, so more likely to be mine than the .62 variant.

I had:

Dermablend Professional Mineral finishing powder (full size)

Liz Earle clothe and cleanser duo

theBalm staniac

Chapstick

No shipping email for me but I has clicky truck!  .5550 with estimated delivery of 10/14/13.  Hope I am able to see contents tomorrow!  I want to know what I am getting!

I got my box!  As expected, it is the 0.62 Box 15 with:

Miss Jessie's Original Pillow Soft Curls (YES! I have been wanting to try this for MONTHS!)

Folle de Joie (I *want* to love it!  It's a bit citrus-y for my taste, but the hubs loves it on me, so I'll wear it if he asks. Thank goodness it's a vial, it won't last forever!)

Pop Beauty Aqua Lacquer in Floating Rose (LOVE IT! Perfect color, too!)

Chapstick (This will sit in a drawer for a bit til my current one runs out.  Happy to have it though!)

Liz Earle Cleansing System (Oh. My. Gosh.  Can't wait to try this!  Beyond excited!)
And in the tradition of Birchbox haikus:

Hooray! It's come at last!

Clicky truck and box in hand

I like all 5 things.

My .615 lb box just arrived, despite a tracking ETA of 10/11!

It's box 15 with pop beauty lacquer in Floating Rose.  Here's hoping the liz earle cleanse and polish and cloth count as two so I can snag 60 pts this month!
biggrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my box!  As expected, it is the 0.62 Box 15 with:

Miss Jessie's Original Pillow Soft Curls (YES! I have been wanting to try this for MONTHS!)

Folle de Joie (I *want* to love it!  It's a bit citrus-y for my taste, but the hubs loves it on me, so I'll wear it if he asks. Thank goodness it's a vial, it won't last forever!)

Pop Beauty Aqua Lacquer in Floating Rose (LOVE IT! Perfect color, too!)

Chapstick (This will sit in a drawer for a bit til my current one runs out.  Happy to have it though!)

Liz Earle Cleansing System (Oh. My. Gosh.  Can't wait to try this!  Beyond excited!)
And in the tradition of Birchbox haikus:

Hooray! It's come at last!

Clicky truck and box in hand

I like all 5 things.

Dude! I posted without noticing that you and I are box twins!

Whoo!  Clicky truck on my second account!  No weight or movement, though.  At least I know that my box is in process.  It's the one on my work email account, and I'm off this whole week and unable to check my email (I've been told that I'm actually legally prohibited from checking my work email during this time.  Bummer.  Golly gee, I have to not have anything at all to do with work for a whole week?  I will see if my little heart can handle the sorrow), so if there *was* something wrong, I would have no idea until Tuesday.

Quote: Originally Posted by invisiblebike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone else find that Birchbox almost always delivers two-three days earlier than the projected delivery date???

Anyway, here is what I got:

Chapstick - obvi)
Stainiac - yay
DDF pore minimizer
Shea Terra Organics Rosehips black soap

And hmmmm I was supposed to get the Reality Based foundation, but it's missing. oops.

Gonna email Birchbox about the missing sample :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Back in June my box was missing the Suki sample. I e-mailed them and had my missing sample by the following week.

Quote: thanks!~ someone else posted that the derma blend was full sized?? was it?? 
If it's not it's a very generous size. I checked BB but they are not currently listing the size on the sale page. The packaging and the tube both list 1.5ml / 0.05 fl. oz.

Dudes, my box is STUCK in my mailbox. This isn't the first it's happened either, lol.   
eusa_wall.gif
 < this is me at the mailbox trying for ten minutes to shake it and move things around so I could open it... no luck.  
icon_cry.gif

Yep, same thing on an order from the weekend. And I live in NJ, so I usually get my orders (not monthly box, though) the day after they are shipped anyway.
Me too, but my shipments have been on the slow side... One took 10 days which is fine. I ordered at like 1 am and got it today less then 36hrs after. Amaze! BTW - No shipping info here still..!

Quote: Originally Posted by Jane725 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my box today, the same one that many of you got with .62 weight.

Pop Aqua Lacquer in Floating Rose
Folle de Joie Perfume
Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls
Liz Earle Cleanse + Cloth
Chapstick

Underwhelmed overall.  The perfume smells like olives to me!  It's a little gross. 
sick.gif
 I'll probably trade the gloss, it's not my color. I may use the Miss Jessie's, but I'm not expecting much - nothing on this planet will help my hair, so I kinda hate getting hair products.  I'll give the Liz Earle cleanser a whirl, although the instructions make it sound more like a mask than a cleanser!

The chapstick didn't feel particularly different than any other chapstick I've ever used, lasts like 5 minutes...has anyone had their mind blown by it?  I guess it's not the worst thing to have an extra chapstick for your purse, though!
It's easy for me to complain though, knowing I have 5 items to review... I'd definitely be less apathetic and more upset if a cloth counted as one of my 5 items but was unreviewable.

Oh my gosh, I love the Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls!  I had gotten Miss Jessie's Original Quick Curls in my first box in March '12 and couldn't stand it.  Did nothing for me and smelled like detergent.  But this gives you soft, beautiful curls and waves when you run it through damp/wet hair.  I also love to use it when it is humid out- keeps your hair from frizzing and lets it just get great bounce!  Give it a shot....trust me, I have hair with a mind of its own and I LOVE this stuff!

Got my .62 box and yay no curl creme!!! Got the miss Jessie's conditoner which I can ALWAYS use (thinking of doing no shampoo for a bit since my hair is so dry and this will come in handy). I don't know if its just me but I really wish packets didn't exist because I always just put the product in a little jar because I hate using stuff from a packet. Love the Chapstick so far and haven't tried the lipgloss yet. I don't like the applicator though. I won't be using the cleanse and polish set because I don't change my cleanser. Ever. Fresh soy face cleanser and I go way back. Don't care about the perfume. Into the trash it goes

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I had .6500, so more likely to be mine than the .62 variant.

I had:

Dermablend Professional Mineral finishing powder (full size)

Liz Earle clothe and cleanser duo

theBalm staniac

Chapstick
my weight is .6450 so i'll probably get this box too. I was thinking i would be getting box 15 (the .62 box) & i would be happy with that. But this box seems like a really good one too! i can't wait for tomorrow so i can finally know what i'll be getting!

Quote: Originally Posted by misslaurelann /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my .62 box and yay no curl creme!!! Got the miss Jessie's conditoner which I can ALWAYS use (thinking of doing no shampoo for a bit since my hair is so dry and this will come in handy). I don't know if its just me but I really wish packets didn't exist because I always just put the product in a little jar because I hate using stuff from a packet. Love the Chapstick so far and haven't tried the lipgloss yet. I don't like the applicator though. I won't be using the cleanse and polish set because I don't change my cleanser. Ever. Fresh soy face cleanser and I go way back. Don't care about the perfume. Into the trash it goes
FYI- a lot of people love that perfume and have/want to trade for it.

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes!

I can't find the post but someone asked about the pop beauty gloss:

I wore all last night and did not find it very sticky on the lips.  It's not as smooth as the benefit or cargo glosses, but it is way less sticky than the stila lip glazes or the bare escentual's buxom glosses.  I think it might be on par with the jouer lip gloss bb has sent out in the past regarding stickiness.  It seems scary when you open it because the paddle makes it seem super sticky and goopy but it doesn't feel that way on the mouth.

My favorite part about this product though is the scent.  It smells like candy canes and gets me so excited for cooler weather every time I put it on.  The smell doesn't last that long so I found myself reapplying it just to smell it again.  This is nuts for me because I am not a lipgloss person AND I grew up in central florida before moving to Baltimore for college and I still can not handle the cold.  Anything that gets me psyched on weather less than 65 degrees is impressive (It was 58 last night and I ran from my house to my car because I was freezing- for reference).  It reminds me of some of the candy cane glosses philosophy has come out with, only not as sickly sweet and definitely not texture-wise.
Oops...sorry, I said that I thought it was sticky but then again, after reading your post, I didn't have much to compare it with since I've never tried the other brands that you mentioned!

Quote: Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oops...sorry, I said that I thought it was sticky but then again, after reading your post, I didn't have much to compare it with since I've never tried the other brands that you mentioned!
It's okay, I mean to be fair it is somewhat sticky.  I think it just depends on what your lipgloss tolerance is, but I actually find all lipgloss to be some amount of sticky, even the super silky ones.

Quote: Originally Posted by keewee10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got my box... Weight was .5150. Box contained:

Reality based foundation in shade 3 - squat little bottle, a little bigger around than a Chapstick and just slightly taller than it is wide.
DDF wrinkle resist plus pore minimizer.5 fl oz
Shea terra rose hips black soap 1fl oz
Staniac in beauty queen, 1.2 oz
Chapstick, of course.

Pretty happy with the box - I'm one of those crazy people who LOVES lip balm, so any time someone sends me some, I'm pretty much a happy girl... And I was hoping for the soap and I love primers and DDF products so, hooray.
My box came today and it was exactly like this one.... I really wanted to try the DDF and the Rose Hips Black Soap so overall, I don't have any problems with getting this box! Super early this month (2 days earlier than planned), because last month was my first box, I had to wait for the very late shipping time. I imagine that waiting for next month's box will feel like forever to me, lol! I realize that there's going to be good months and we can't escape the bad months but so far I've been VERY lucky with my first two boxes.......

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It's okay, I mean to be fair it is somewhat sticky.  I think it just depends on what your lipgloss tolerance is, but I actually find all lipgloss to be some amount of sticky, even the super silky ones.
Up until recently, I had never tried products by e.l.f. cosmetics, then I started getting their Beauty bundles. Overall, with my limited makeup experience and my even more limited makeup budget, I'm finding that I like a lot of their items but I got ahold of some of their lipgloss and talk about ..... STICKY... omg, I could use it in place of tape to wrap presents for the holidays!!!  Now, I'm extra careful about ordering any lip products from there.

Latest posts

Back