(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my box today, the same one that many of you got with .62 weight.

Pop Aqua Lacquer in Floating Rose
Folle de Joie Perfume
Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls
Liz Earle Cleanse + Cloth
Chapstick

Underwhelmed overall.  The perfume smells like olives to me!  It's a little gross. 
sick.gif
 I'll probably trade the gloss, it's not my color. I may use the Miss Jessie's, but I'm not expecting much - nothing on this planet will help my hair, so I kinda hate getting hair products.  I'll give the Liz Earle cleanser a whirl, although the instructions make it sound more like a mask than a cleanser!

The chapstick didn't feel particularly different than any other chapstick I've ever used, lasts like 5 minutes...has anyone had their mind blown by it?  I guess it's not the worst thing to have an extra chapstick for your purse, though!
It's easy for me to complain though, knowing I have 5 items to review... I'd definitely be less apathetic and more upset if a cloth counted as one of my 5 items but was unreviewable.

I think last year when I got Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls as a sample they put in 2 packets. I guess they're just putting in one now lol...

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I tried my Stainiac. Surpised how much I liked it. So much better than Benetint. I am going to have to buy a full size.

I might need to try it.  The whole stain part of it scares me I guess because I've never used anything besides powder blush on my cheeks.. I received it in my box last month or so and I've not even opened it yet!

Finally a clicky truck for me as well! Yayyy!

Wow these box weights keep getting biggaaaaa I'm curious to see why. Mine is still the lightest listed and I've been trying to figure out what it could be, especially with all the heavy items this month
my main account is .47  ikr? no clue what could be in this box
That is the weight of my second box sub, main account still hasn't sent me an email with information.

My box updated but my box has been sitting in Groveport, OH since Monday.  (update: box page isn't updated, swear it was this morning, unless I'm dreaming about BB now)

0.jpg

I've noticed this as well. I had to tell 3 different people I've met IRL who have birchbox how to review for points and they were like :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> when they found out.
Yes, this! I've given a couple of bb subscriptions before and the people didn't seem to enjoy them that much. They didn't review anything and probably thought "why is she giving me makeup samples?"

My box shipped 2 days ago and tracking still hasn't updated. No weight and no ETA.

My second box should be here Friday and weighs .5050

Quote: Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think last year when I got Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls as a sample they put in 2 packets. I guess they're just putting in one now lol...
I have received 5 different Miss Jessie's samples in my box this year, and I only received one packet of each.  They are pretty big samples though!

Was looking through instagram and saw this spoiler for BB November?

Anyone else see this?

Quote: Originally Posted by QueenJane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone else see this?

ooooh that sounds awesome!!!

Got my BB!! .6500 weight, due the 14th. XD looks like I got it today. Not super impressed, but I think this is more my feelings towards BB in general, and I'm okay with that. I've decided not to renew when yearly sub is up, and I'll just follow along in case something catches my eye.

I'll post pictures later. I lost the cap of my DSLR taking the picture because i'm a dumbass so I'm not posting them until I find it and i'm mad since my internet has also been down for an entire day, but some initial thoughts:

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/dermablend-professional-smooth-indulgence-finishing-powder was one of my products, full size. worth $25. This is actually a reasonable price for a reasonable sized sample, but I'm just not super interested in it.   This is the second box in a row I've gotten a pretty high value for a box. I'd estimate probably $30-40+ but I guess I just... don't care. Ah well.

I finally figured out what Ruffian Hedge Fund reminds me of!  Zoya Yara.  I think Hedge Fund is a teensy bit lighter with more gold flecks, but they both have the same basic green-with-gold stone finish.

And I really, really hope I don't get box 15!  I do *not* like that perfume.  I received it in a previous month in another BB sub and made the pain-filled mistake of trying it, so I could still get it in this sub, but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that it skips me.

Quote: Originally Posted by QueenJane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone else see this?

Someone already started a BB Nov. thread about this, lol! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Had a terrible day at work today, but came home to find that beautiful pink box waiting for me. I've never gotten it this early before! 

Box Contents:

Benefit Fake Up (in Light) Lize Earle Cleanser and Cloth
Pop Beauty Lacquer (in Flowering Fuschia)
and the Chaptstick
Overall, I super happy! I feel like this is the perfect fit for me. I think there was only one or two boxed I would want more than this one. I was on the brink of cancelling back in May, but I feel like my last few boxes, even if they aren't the most valuable or overall desirable for most people, they've been great for me. Well done, Birchbox.

My shipping info came but has not updated yet. Really hoping for a "wow" box this month. I'm always happy, never a complainer... but I really am ready for a WOW!!!! 

Quote: Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Only an hour and a half until my box gets here...

ah, dancing Ron. <3

My truck is clicky!!! But I haven't gotten the email. Oh well. Tracking still works. Weight is .5400 Does anyone else have that? And if you've gotten your box already, what's in it? I'm an impatient gorilla. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just received my second box. Only one item is different! I guess I'll be doing first whole box swap.

Got my first of two boxes today! Weight .5150

Any tips on using stainiac? Never used a product like it.

Quote:   Originally Posted by bwgraham 
  Quote: Originally Posted by barbyechick 

Wow these box weights keep getting biggaaaaa I'm curious to see why. Mine is still the lightest listed and I've been trying to figure out what it could be, especially with all the heavy items this month
my main account is .47  ikr? no clue what could be in this box
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is the weight of my second box sub, main account still hasn't sent me an email with information.
My box weight is .47 and I just received it.

Dermablend Professional in Pearl

dr. brandt eye cream (1 foil)

dr. brandt skin exfoliant

Folle de Joie perfume

Miss Jessie's Creme Conditioner (1 packet but yes it hold quite a lot)

Chapstick

All in all not bad. 6 items in such a low box weight.

ETA: I just looked it up. It's Box 18

Still no clicky truck on either account for me, but I did get the mini hairdryer and Mystery Pick Two that I got for upgrading with the YEARLY99 code (much thanks to whoever mentioned you could add both when you upgraded on here.) I got two items I wanted to try in my Pick Two (Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer and Klorane dry shampoo). So it was still a good day for me Birchbox-wise!

Latest posts

Back